| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1167, 1168, 1169, 1170, 1171, 1172, 1173 ... 1766  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:18 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Really have to wake up and get to work early tomorrow and I'm so worried I'm going to sleep through the alarm. I wish I had the ability to fall asleep and wake up whenever I wanted to!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:35 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Proof the birds are smarter than we are.

When we were saying goodnight to Molly, mom and I started having a heated discussion about taking her to the vet. My mom got upset that she felt I was suggesting she would do anything against Molly's best interests. This was basically in the middle of Molly's usual goodnight routine and she didn't appreciate it, so she sqwacked and did a "whaaaa Grrr whaa Whaaa whaa" kind of imitation of our argument and jumped herself in to the cage and hid in her sleeping fleece, grumbling at us.

That's probably also proof that she is feeling ok.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

It's funny, as a nanny who frequently tries to figure out whether other women are nannies, I know that the way you do it is to ask, are you his/her mom? I feel like every nanny knows that's how you ask so that you can find other nannies to hang out with.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:04 am 
And you never will.

So crazy 'fulish! I mean, to me, Leela looks so much like you it's insane. I've had the total opposite happen to me, though. When we adopted my (mixed race) little sister when I was 16, I spent a LOT of time taking care of her. Whenever we were in public people constantly thought she was my daughter and I was a teenage mother. I got so many nasty looks and incredibly terrible comments from people, because apparently there is nothing worse in the world than the idea of a young white girl having a black man's baby.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:57 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I got all my grades in. I have worked SO HARD in the last week, dealt with SO MUCH shiitake, and I feel like a goddamn superhero now.

In past years, my school would arrange the schedule so that we always had a three day weekend or a vacation after the last day of the marking period (normally the second marking period ends the Friday that Thanksgiving break begins), and I am so very resentful of the fact that we didn't get that this year. I really need that extra time.

But I overcame! And my boyfriend was a saint, letting me work for tons of yesterday and then basically all of today, going to the kitchen to get me drinks and snacks, rubbing my shoulders...

And now I'm watching Glee and cuddling my cat and sipping wine and feeling SO GOOD. I'll be tired tomorrow, but it'll be worth it.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
OMG. I made the best pumpkin cutlets of my life, with a side of smashed potatoes. They were so awesome I didn't even take a picture (even though they looked delicious too). Just snarfed them all up.

(Info for the curious: Salt and pepper on both sides, then generously spooned olive oil & spice mix over them: I used lots of fresh garlic, chilli, nutmeg, cinnamon and some powdered ginger I found on the top shelf. Spread all over cutlets, sprinkle some thyme, then broil. Awe. Some.)

what is a pumpkin cutlet?

Oh, a direct translation from (Austrian) German, I guess. They're just broiled slices of pumpkin...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:35 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

HURRRRRR WHY CAN'T I GET SLEEPY

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:38 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

someone from another forum died. feels pretty weird. not that I know them intimately, but still

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Joshua, even if you don't know them intimately that's still horrible.

I have the winter vomiting bug (norovirus). It is not pleasant, and also I might have accidentally infected people because at first I kind of thought it was a second day of a horrible hangover. Saturday I ate nothing and couldn't even keep water down, yesterday I managed 4 pieces of dry toast and some vegetable broth. Today I've had some brown rice and cauliflower as it occurs to me that I'm not altogether sure gluten doesn't disagree with my guts anyway so that might be causing bad things to continue out of my arse. Wish me luck!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:17 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I just went to see my grandmother, who is not well at the moment. She said, among other things, that she wishes she still had her gun under her bed so she could finish herself off. I then discovered that she had asked my mother to buy her some poison on the internet (because it's that easy) and once asked her doctor about ways to kill yourself. She was told that as she could walk, was well off, had lots of money and a fairly good life, she shouldn't kill herself and should enjoy herself more. I think she's entertaining the idea of suicide as a means to pass the time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:59 am 
WRETCHED

GymClassZero wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
It wasn't frustrating, so much as it was a reminder of what people assume about race. My husband and I literally have to be kissing for people to realize we're together!

I kinda know what you mean. My mom is white and my dad is black, and I have a lot of my dad's features. No one ever thinks she's my mom, and it's kinda awkward when people are like, "Really?" Like I'm gonna say, "Nah, I was joking, I have no mother"

It is weird in that I've had the opposite reaction in growing up. My family is Mexican with some Native American and other South American sprinkled in. My mom has darker skin than most of her siblings and her parents who are quite pale. I look more like my aunts than my mother due to my biofather being white. Everyone is like 'oh you guys look so much alike' between my mom and me. I don't know what they see but I definitely resemble my aunts. Of course the people that say this generally aren't white though.

And Tofulish your daughter looks so much like you, I can't imagine someone thinking otherwise.

Last edited by linanil on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:02 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Someone pissed me off last week, and this week again about the same subject. In return, I pissed him off so badly he couldn't even spell correctly anymore! Oh email arguments. <3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:18 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

This made me think of y'all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:54 am 
WRETCHED

I joined a FreeCycle mailing list in my area. It is amusing for many reasons. I'm glad to see people get rid of stuff they don't need and go to people that could use them. The thing is though, it is just odd like 'offer: 1000 paper clips, must be gone today' (it really wasn't paper clips but was some other small, somewhat off the wall thing) and 'wanted: iPhone' not a cell phone but an iPhone. Considering someone ould easily ebay such a thing, I'm going with not likely.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 am 
Chard Martyr

That's cute, Pi.
Why do I keep waking up at 1AM? It's really annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm frustrated. My internet, which I bum, is going hella slow and fading in and out. I'm trying to find the darker version of Nina Simone's "Trouble in Mind" in which she talks about going to the railroad, but all I can find is the more upbeat version in which she talks about going to the river.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:06 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

When I really think my roommate can't get any ruder or more inconsiderate, he manages to one-up himself.

His terrible boyfriend that we hate was here all weekend. He walked in on me doing some early prep-work for dinner yesterday, so I asked what their dinner plans were, to make sure they wouldn't show up and expect us to have enough food. We had two other friends coming over to eat later. He said they wanted to eat with us, asked what time, etc., and I made sure he knew that I was going to have to leave the house to go buy more food (which was fine, if they wanted to eat with us). So not long before it was time for them to be here, he texted me and said they were going to a movie, and they would be home when it was over. Friends came over, we ate, and I put all the food up. They get back here an hour after we've already eaten, get everything out of the fridge for dinner, and don't bother apologizing for being late, or even say thank you for cooking. Oh, and then they finish off the last piece of this vegan pecan pie that my mom made us. I'm surprised my head hasn't exploded yet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:17 am 
Semen Strong

creep wrote:
When I really think my roommate can't get any ruder or more inconsiderate, he manages to one-up himself.

His terrible boyfriend that we hate was here all weekend. He walked in on me doing some early prep-work for dinner yesterday, so I asked what their dinner plans were, to make sure they wouldn't show up and expect us to have enough food. We had two other friends coming over to eat later. He said they wanted to eat with us, asked what time, etc., and I made sure he knew that I was going to have to leave the house to go buy more food (which was fine, if they wanted to eat with us). So not long before it was time for them to be here, he texted me and said they were going to a movie, and they would be home when it was over. Friends came over, we ate, and I put all the food up. They get back here an hour after we've already eaten, get everything out of the fridge for dinner, and don't bother apologizing for being late, or even say thank you for cooking. Oh, and then they finish off the last piece of this vegan pecan pie that my mom made us. I'm surprised my head hasn't exploded yet.

Boundaries. You need to set them.

It sounds like a primary source of frustration is food, so perhaps you need to reconsider the arrangement where all three of you pay for and eat the food that you buy and cook, if you resent him eating the food that he has paid for without making any acknowledgement of your effort. I totally understand your feelings - cooking is time consuming and you make wonderful meals, and it is rude to not respect that. But in his eyes, its his food that he has paid for and you've agreed that everything in the fridge is fair game.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:37 am 

Is two months of dating too early to use the L word? Because holy shiitake I am crazy about this person.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 am 
Semen Strong

If she's experienced your projectile spunking, you're probably safe using the L word. Assuming that the L word is Liftoff...

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:56 am 

Tea wrote:
Is two months of dating too early to use the L word? Because holy shiitake I am crazy about this person.

God, I'm so bad at this. I always want to say it way too early. It's pathetic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:08 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I use the L word within two seconds of meeting.

Okay, I'm talking about dogs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:10 am 
Semen Strong

I use the L word within 2 seconds of eating.

Okay, I'm talking about food.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:52 am 
And you never will.

I figured out today that since the kidlet was born, I have washed over 400 loads of nappies (averaging a load every 2 days, minus times traveling overseas when we've used disposables). Each wash is an average of 15 nappies, which equals over 6,000 nappy changes. I estimate over 5,500 of those changes were done by me.

That is all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

you sensitive people with your L words. i think if i could get away with it, i'd never say it again. it still makes me uncomfortable when my parents tell me they love me (they started doing this pretty recently, and i still don't expect it). my standard response is "yup" or some other hurried, murmured nonword of assent.

Reply to topic  [ 44136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1167, 1168, 1169, 1170, 1171, 1172, 1173 ... 1766  Next