| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wii Games
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:30 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I ordered Nickelodeon Wii Fit for the kid for days when we can't play outside - it comes today!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:09 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I haven't played Wii in ages. I really love Mario cart, and enjoyed dance dance revolution. I need to get some new games!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am 
ugh

I've been playing Donkey Kong Country Returns and it's so cool! I love it because:
- the levels are just really, really clever and fun to watch (skip to about 2 mins in on this video - you're running around and you're on a whale!!)

- I'm terrible at side-scrollers generally, but this allows me to play with my boyfriend (who enjoys them) without hindering his performance too much because I can just ride around on his back and throw bananas at people. (I hate Super Mario Bros. because I always fall behind and die 10,000,000 times.)

Epic Mickey is a super fun single player game. There's some "fighting" but it's limited, mostly it's exploration.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:52 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i played just dance at my friends and was sore the next day from only doing 3 songs! such a good workout and pretty fun. also super hard!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:38 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I liked Paper Mario. Pretty much any of the Mario games on Wii rock. I also enjoyed Dead Space: Extraction. And Bully! Kind of an older one but it's addictive. It's like Grand Theft Auto: PG.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:28 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

b.vicious wrote:
- I'm terrible at side-scrollers generally, but this allows me to play with my boyfriend (who enjoys them) without hindering his performance too much because I can just ride around on his back and throw bananas at people.

I really want to play this game now, too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:01 pm 
ugh

Has anyone else got the Wii U yet? I've never been an early adopter for anything before. I have Nintendoland, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I wasn't sure about the game pad thing at first but Nintendoland at least has done some pretty interesting things with it.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:21 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

b.vicious wrote:
Has anyone else got the Wii U yet? I've never been an early adopter for anything before. I have Nintendoland, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I wasn't sure about the game pad thing at first but Nintendoland at least has done some pretty interesting things with it.

Yep. Partner works part-time a video game shop. So we got it when it came out. We've got Nintendoland and Super Mario. Super Mario is awesome. I've played all the older ones, and I really like this version. It's fun. It's easy to play, but there's always more to go back and do. Our son adores it. It's got a really good balance between being easy enough for him (he's four), and just challenging enough that we don't get bored. If you play Mario on multi-player with the gamepad, the players with Wii remotes play the characters, and the player using the game pad does "boost mode". It's neat!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I have all of the Just Dance games and I play it pretty much daily!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:49 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I feel like I need to get all up in this thread to say that Xenoblade Chronicles is a god damn masterpiece, and The Last Story is also excellent, for those who like RPGs.