| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1168, 1169, 1170, 1171, 1172, 1173, 1174 ... 1848  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I'm not very tight lipped when it comes to the L word. I say it to a lot of my friends, so when I started dating my partner (with whom I was already friends) my instinct was to say it super early. Not in a big serious you're-my-everything way, but in a hey-I-care-about-you way. Especially when I was leaving the apartment that my partner shares with a few friends of mine. I just wanted to say "bye, love you!" to everyone, but I knew I wasn't supposed to. But then my partner said it and I felt free to say it also. Then out of the blue, they stopped saying it! I don't understand relationships.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:38 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My mom might need surgery on her arm. She's getting an MRI done today to find out.

Also, my grandfather fell and broke his arm and is also in the hospital (a different one from my mom, though).

Also also, my dog had coughing fits all night and I'm thinking she has kennel cough (Hoping it's kennel cough and not something more serious).

I hate today.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:39 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I have come to the conclusion that I should find a way to see someone for help dealing with stress. This is a dandy realization, except that my dad just got laid off so I have no insurance anymore. I am so overwhelmed. At least I have a good support system otherwise, but work is stressful and my home life is a mess at the moment. yuck.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:42 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Gulliver, I am sorry you have to deal with that. My grandmother is sloooowly dying from cancer all over and keeps asking everyone to kill her. It is so weird to talk to someone who wants help dying. Best of luck...

RC, I hope that your family is all okay! Best wishes to everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:19 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Made appt to take Molly to the vet tomorrow. Turns out the reason my mom thought the wheezing was gone is that she is apparently completely deaf. I could hear Molly wheezing when I was coming up the stairs.

She seems fine, but that wheezing can't be very comfortable. I wish I could have taken her today. Mom would have taken her this morning but she thought her breathing was better.

Please let this not cost a fortune. I just had to spend $600 for my car to pass inspection, plus personal property taxes and car insurance this month. I'll now barely have gas money for the rest of the month, never mind Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm 
Semen Strong

poopiebitch wrote:
I figured out today that since the kidlet was born, I have washed over 400 loads of nappies (averaging a load every 2 days, minus times traveling overseas when we've used disposables). Each wash is an average of 15 nappies, which equals over 6,000 nappy changes. I estimate over 5,500 of those changes were done by me.

That is all.

::diaper fist bump:: You rock! Potty on!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Waiting to hear the results of my mom's MRI. Totally nerve-racking.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:08 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

^^how long will you have to wait?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:13 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

No idea. She had her MRI about an hour ago and is waiting for the hand surgeon to review the images and decide whether there is something inside the arm that will require surgery (like a foreign object, lump, fluid or pus that needs to be drained, etc.). One one hand, I'm hoping there isn't anything in her arm that will require surgery, but on the other hand the antibiotics still aren't really helping so maybe it would be better if there IS something that can be taken out to make her better. I don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:19 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I got a call from my endocrinologist. (I have hashimoto's thyroiditis.) My levels are even more hypo than 6 weeks ago after upping my dose. I haven't had "normal" levels in almost five years. (I did have two children in that time frame which can mess with things.) Sometimes I'm hyper, sometimes I'm hypo. I just don't understand. They don't understand. There is no logical pattern or cause. At this point I feel like we are just randomly picking dosages of synthroid in hopes it will be the magic number. Sigh. I'm sick of feeling sick. (Maybe this belongs in the worst thing about your day thread.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Pi_Face wrote:
This made me think of y'all.

About right.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So my mom heard from the surgeon. There is some kind of an abscess inside of her arm. Tomorrow morning the surgeon will take another look at her arm. If the swelling has improved significantly, they won't do surgery. If it's the same, they'll open up her arm and drain the abscess. If that happens, she'll have to stay in the hospital through the rest of the week, which sucks. She is going to end up using up all her vacation and sick time for this.

What they think the whole thing was caused by is this: Several months back, my mom found a lump on her arm. She showed it to me, and of course I immediately thought "omg what if it's arm-eating cancer!" so I kept nagging her to get it checked. Her regular doctor had recently retired, so she had to go to a new one. He just kind of glanced at the lump and said "Oh, it's just a fatty cyst," and sent her on her way. A few weeks ago, my mom said to me that the lump had shrunk down to almost nothing but was growing again. We were thinking that was so weird because fatty lumps don't do that. But the doctor said it was just fat and my mom believed him. Well, the hospital doctors now believe the lump was an abscess (caused by an animal bite or other injury) and that when she fell and hit her arm on Friday, it kind of burst the abscess and sent the infection into her bloodstream. And because the abscess had gone untreated for so long, the infection was pretty bad. So now we're all pissed off at the doctor who told her she was fine!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish wrote:
creep wrote:
When I really think my roommate can't get any ruder or more inconsiderate, he manages to one-up himself.

His terrible boyfriend that we hate was here all weekend. He walked in on me doing some early prep-work for dinner yesterday, so I asked what their dinner plans were, to make sure they wouldn't show up and expect us to have enough food. We had two other friends coming over to eat later. He said they wanted to eat with us, asked what time, etc., and I made sure he knew that I was going to have to leave the house to go buy more food (which was fine, if they wanted to eat with us). So not long before it was time for them to be here, he texted me and said they were going to a movie, and they would be home when it was over. Friends came over, we ate, and I put all the food up. They get back here an hour after we've already eaten, get everything out of the fridge for dinner, and don't bother apologizing for being late, or even say thank you for cooking. Oh, and then they finish off the last piece of this vegan pecan pie that my mom made us. I'm surprised my head hasn't exploded yet.

Boundaries. You need to set them.

It sounds like a primary source of frustration is food, so perhaps you need to reconsider the arrangement where all three of you pay for and eat the food that you buy and cook, if you resent him eating the food that he has paid for without making any acknowledgement of your effort. I totally understand your feelings - cooking is time consuming and you make wonderful meals, and it is rude to not respect that. But in his eyes, its his food that he has paid for and you've agreed that everything in the fridge is fair game.

I agree with all of this! There is other stuff too, but most of his rudeness is food-related.

I guess most of this instance was upsetting because I actually invited them to a complicated meal with friends, rather than a casual after-work dinner because we have to eat things.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:39 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Ugh. That sucks, rc, but I'm glad they've figured it out now and they have a course of action. Thinking good thoughts for a speedy recovery!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:39 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Night, y'all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:43 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I tried to take pudding through airport security and was stopped because it was larger than 3oz. They made me stand there and eat half before I could go through. TSA: protecting America from pudding.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:46 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

That's nice that they let you do that though. I've heard even if technically you have 3 oz or less, if the container is larger than 3oz it gets tossed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 pm 
Dead by dawn

I guess they figure if you're willing to eat it, it must not be explosive... I definitely feel safer now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:52 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Somehow I thought pudding was the name of your dog or cat until I got to the "it was larger than 3oz. part. I'm glad I figured it out at that point or I would have been so upset and confused!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

This is my boring 2000th post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Yay raspberrycomplaint!
I am also angry with the doctor who told your mom she was fine. If you and your mom knew it was doing things that fatty lumps don't do, how did the doctor not know that was suspicious?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
Somehow I thought pudding was the name of your dog or cat until I got to the "it was larger than 3oz. part. I'm glad I figured it out at that point or I would have been so upset and confused!

Hilarious! It was delicious peanut butter pudding from Native Foods. I would have sat down on the floor and eaten the entire thing if they'd made me. No way was I going to throw that out!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

So, this makes me feel like such a jerk - I have some friends that go out of their way to make me awesome vegan food, and recently, I've realized that onions are the main trigger food for my IBS, so now in addition to making me vegan food, I have to ask my friend not to use onions. It's not my fault, I know, and I also won't die if I eat onions, but I'll be really uncomfortable and it just sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:17 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Hey IJDI, just gotta tell 'em! so many of my friends have so many different dietary triggers, I don't know why but almost all my friends either have IBS or celiac. One or the other! Heh. Many different things to remember and accommodate, but I really enjoy making them happy and showing them I care enough to remember all the little no's. Like, it's almost more fun somehow cooking for them then it is to cook with no restrictions.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1168, 1169, 1170, 1171, 1172, 1173, 1174 ... 1848  Next