| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:47 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:21 am
Posts: 344
Location: Cape Cawd
Catfish.
And Bear Grylls.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:54 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
Wallace22 wrote:
Catfish.


As in the movie? It's so sad!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:33 pm 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 1364
Location: Seattle!
Mostly bands I listened to when I was a young teen. My boyfriend and I may have had an afternoon where all we listened to was boybandy pop/punk (namely Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Anberlin, Reliant K, etc.)

_________________
"Its really hard to keep in shape, my prison of principles only has so much pacing space." - Shy Mox

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:39 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 196
Location: WA
missdelaney wrote:
Mostly bands I listened to when I was a young teen. My boyfriend and I may have had an afternoon where all we listened to was boybandy pop/punk (namely Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Anberlin, Reliant K, etc.)


Oh, yes! Good Charlotte! <3 Benji <3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:40 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:21 am
Posts: 344
Location: Cape Cawd
JonnyWoop wrote:
Wallace22 wrote:
Catfish.


As in the movie? It's so sad!


Yeah, there's also a TV series on MTV now - same guy, following up on people in similar situations. No happy endings so far but at least one has been totally heartwrenching. I won't tell you which one in case you ever watch them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:55 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
Wallace22 wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:
Wallace22 wrote:
Catfish.


As in the movie? It's so sad!


Yeah, there's also a TV series on MTV now - same guy, following up on people in similar situations. No happy endings so far but at least one has been totally heartwrenching. I won't tell you which one in case you ever watch them.


I don't have TV. It's not some holier-than-thou luddite hipster shtick. I just don't have one. Wish I did!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:04 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:21 am
Posts: 344
Location: Cape Cawd
I had no TV for a year, I read a ton of books and listened to a lot of radio. Brilliant!
The apartment I'm in now came with a telly and I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of it. I get sucked into watching reruns of Law and Order for hours at a time...
BUT I do like my Top Chef and Chopped :)

Hey, do you want my TV?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
Wallace22 wrote:
I had no TV for a year, I read a ton of books and listened to a lot of radio. Brilliant!
The apartment I'm in now came with a telly and I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of it. I get sucked into watching reruns of Law and Order for hours at a time...
BUT I do like my Top Chef and Chopped :)

Hey, do you want my TV?


Lol, the problem isn't so much getting a TV, which I could afford. The problem is paying for channels. I have no idea what's offered for free in the Boston area but in my hometown, in upstate New York, there's essentially nothing.

And I didn't mean to bash on TV haters. My mom is a big TV hater and she can get a little self-righteous about it. That's all. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:21 am
Posts: 344
Location: Cape Cawd
You didn't bash!!!

I should confess that I'm in one of those really rare situations where the rent includes everything - there's no way I'd have TV if I had to pay for it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:21 am
Posts: 344
Location: Cape Cawd
Also - the Daily Mail gossip column. I'm hooked.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:05 pm 
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11080
Location: VA
The best tv solution instead of paying for cable: a tv box like an Apple TV (or whatever others there are no) + Netflix and/or Hulu. $15/month for both. Not sold on keeping Hulu, but I'm watching Castle instead of buying the season on iTunes, so I'll keep it for now.

I'm a TV hater! I do like some shows though, as long as I can watch on my terms without stupid commercials. I can't ever imagine just plopping down in from of the tv all evening. Ick. But I spend oodles of time doing things people hate too--a chacun son gout.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:08 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
lavawitch wrote:
The best tv solution instead of paying for cable: a tv box like an Apple TV (or whatever others there are no) + Netflix and/or Hulu. $15/month for both. Not sold on keeping Hulu, but I'm watching Castle instead of buying the season on iTunes, so I'll keep it for now.


Good idea! First I need to invest in internet though. Right now I'm bumming wifi from a distant neighbor and my connection is like two miles per hour— way too slow to play video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Guilty pleasures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:11 pm 
WRETCHED
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 7999
Location: Maryland/DC area
Amazon prime is $79/year and has ton of tv shows and movies.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer