| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 50  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Unstoppable Thread of Vegan Shoe Coveting
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:24 pm 
Chip Strong

i would like to chime in on wanting some snugs from vegetarian shoes! please someone advise if possible in on sizing. i'm a 9/9.5 and my danskos are 39. vegshoes chart looks like i need a 40/41... thats quite a bit different.... i need to know what size to suggest my husband order me for xmas.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

erynne936 wrote:
i would like to chime in on wanting some snugs from vegetarian shoes! please someone advise if possible in on sizing. i'm a 9/9.5 and my danskos are 39. vegshoes chart looks like i need a 40/41... thats quite a bit different.... i need to know what size to suggest my husband order me for xmas.

I can advise you- I already got mine! I wear a size 9 or 9.5 US womens mostly, and I ordered a 41. They were definitely too big but I was too impatient/cheap to return them so I put 2 pairs of insoles in them and they're fine. But, i would definitely order a size down- I would get a 40 if I were you.

They're really nice too BTW!

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:15 pm 
Chip Strong

Quarantined wrote:
erynne936 wrote:

I can advise you- I already got mine! I wear a size 9 or 9.5 US womens mostly, and I ordered a 41. They were definitely too big but I was too impatient/cheap to return them so I put 2 pairs of insoles in them and they're fine. But, i would definitely order a size down- I would get a 40 if I were you.

They're really nice too BTW!

Thank you thank you thank you! Love that you conveniently have the same size feet as me too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:51 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

erynne936 wrote:

Thank you thank you thank you! Love that you conveniently have the same size feet as me too.

Glad I could help! I was a little bummed mine were too big at first but now I love them.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:51 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I just ordered these! I've been wanting some like them for a while, but could only find them (a) for men or (b) made of real leather.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Those are SO CUTE pastabake!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:59 am 

Thanks! Here's the link: http://www.zooshoo.com/product_p/sandy61taupe.htm

They were really cheap. I hope they last.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 pm 

Helix wrote:
Hahaha, in Sweden we call people that wear platforms "Synthare" (=cyber goth), so wearing synth shoes is very appropiate ;)

Oh gawd, sometimes I wish I was born a decade or so earlier, just to get the oppurtunity to exeperience the first synth wave...

No. No we don't! At least not in my circles and I'm old and part of this demographic. How very peculiar. And what do you mean by the first synth wave? Something tells me you do not mean what I mean by that.

Do tell how the New Rocks are when you get them (and the EBM fan in me loves that they're called 242 of course). They sure are lovely.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:19 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

fruitbat wrote:
Helix wrote:
Hahaha, in Sweden we call people that wear platforms "Synthare" (=cyber goth), so wearing synth shoes is very appropiate ;)

Oh gawd, sometimes I wish I was born a decade or so earlier, just to get the oppurtunity to exeperience the first synth wave...

No. No we don't! At least not in my circles and I'm old and part of this demographic. How very peculiar. And what do you mean by the first synth wave? Something tells me you do not mean what I mean by that.

Do tell how the New Rocks are when you get them (and the EBM fan in me loves that they're called 242 of course). They sure are lovely.

But Adora Bratbat loves calling herself a synthare so it must be true! http://adorabatbrat.blogspot.com/2012_1 ... chive.html

Back on topic, I got these in tan from Asos and they pretty comfy. The upper is somehow cushioned as well! They feel like slippers! Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:33 pm 

Thessaly wrote:
fruitbat wrote:
Helix wrote:

But Adora Bratbat loves calling herself a synthare so it must be true! http://adorabatbrat.blogspot.com/2012_1 ... chive.html

Yes, but Adora BatBrat uses a correct definition of the word. I'm just saying that we don't generally call anyone wearing platforms synthare and it most definitely does not equal cyber goth.

Aaand back on topic: your new shoes look both stylish and comfortable = my favourite. I like the black, naturally.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:11 pm 

I want these so badly. They have a gore-Tex lining and a sealed tongue so they're completely waterproof, PLUS they're insulated, PLUS they look low-profile enough that I could ride my bike while wearing them without feeling like I have weights on my feet.

Too bad they're $150. I almost wish the logo were leather or something so I wouldn't feel so tempted. I found the larger sizes on sale, but no dice for the smaller ones.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:55 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Olsenhaus are having a sample sale: http://www.ebay.com/sch/nteo/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&_trksid=p3686

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 pm 

I asked for these studded booties for xmas:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:51 am 
So Totally Yiffy

fisticuffs wrote:

Are Olsehaus flats comfortable? I want to buy one of the ones on sale, but I'm kind of hesitant because it says "no returns."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

littlegarlic wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:

Are Olsehaus flats comfortable? I want to buy one of the ones on sale, but I'm kind of hesitant because it says "no returns."

For what it's worth, I have a pair of their sandals and they were super comfy! Actually cushioned instead of a flat piece of plastic. I'd imagine it would be the same for their flats.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 am 

If anyone is a size 9, I'd jump on this! Those prices are superb!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I desperately want some black wedge boots with a 3.5-3.75" wedge. That's about the wedge height that doesn't do weird things to my spine. flats would be ok too, but not as much fun. Flats have to be totally flat--the usual 1/2" or so heel kills my spine.

I'm so tried of wearing crappy, dorky shoes. I liked my pinkish red Birk clogs 7 years ago when I had other shoe options. Now I actively hate them even beyond their non veganness. Plus they look extra stupid with almost all of clothes. I feel like I have to hide my feet all the time.

Do well made, properly supported, quality vegan wedge boots exist? I don't even care what they cost (sort of) as my mom would be thrilled (THRILLED) to buy me shoes for Christmas. So, say under $300. But the quality has to match the price because I would need to still be wearing them 7 years from now.

Cheap, fashion shoes aren't going to work for me with my back issues, so anyplace like Target, Payless, etc is out.

Ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:00 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Eta: basically, I want something like these: http://www.mooshoes.com/index.php?produ ... color=navy

Only at a wedge height that doesn't kill me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:46 am 
Cranky

Hey, LW, I know you've said before that Danskos don't work well for you, but have you tried the canvas maryjanes? They feel a lot different (more comfortable) to me. I have them in three colors I like them so much. I'm not sure how you'd do with the buckle, but it might be worth a try?

(I've been thinking about you a lot since I hurt my back last week.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:43 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I think I saw vegan Docs in a Journeyz the other day but the sales lady was so f'ing annoying (you don't like leather? why don't you like leather? leather is great! it lasts forever!) that I just had to leave. When I asked her if the Docs were fake leather she said they were real leather but the hubs and I think she was wrong.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:42 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

appifanie wrote:
I think I saw vegan Docs in a Journeyz the other day but the sales lady was so f'ing annoying (you don't like leather? why don't you like leather? leather is great! it lasts forever!) that I just had to leave. When I asked her if the Docs were fake leather she said they were real leather but the hubs and I think she was wrong.

She might not know that a non-leather option even exists. They're probably cheaper online anyway. You could try on one of the leather ones in the store (if that doesn't gross you out?) and then order the vegan ones.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:19 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Dr. Apricot wrote:
Hey, LW, I know you've said before that Danskos don't work well for you, but have you tried the canvas maryjanes? They feel a lot different (more comfortable) to me. I have them in three colors I like them so much. I'm not sure how you'd do with the buckle, but it might be worth a try?

(I've been thinking about you a lot since I hurt my back last week.)

I love those, but they have the same split heel at a bad height that ruins all Danskos for me. There is just something about the small little heels that shifts my spine alignment in a way that increases pressure and hurts after only a minute or two wearing them.

Ow, what did you do? I hope it's feeling better.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 pm 
Naked Under Apron

LW, I just saw these the other day. Not sure about Blowfish's quality, because I don't have anything from them, but I think these are cute! Says the heel height is 3 1/2".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Ok. I'm freaking cursed with shoes. Those looked so PERFECT that I was all ready to press the order button, but they are out of sizes. Damn it.

Argh! I asked to be notified if back in stock.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:30 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Oh no! What size are you looking for? 9/9.5? DSW has black in a 9: http://www.dsw.com/shoe/blowfish+india+ ... adtype=pla

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 50  Next