| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1172, 1173, 1174, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178 ... 1899  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:30 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

kfad wrote:
lillianp wrote:
kfad wrote:
I got up a half hour ago, and already want a nap.

Right there with you. The only way I'm getting through this day is with chai black tea with a dollop of coconut nog every hour or two.

That sounds magical... I should go to the store.

That was my first thought--great combination! I'm wondering if speculoos spread melting into apple cider would be awesome or too sweet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I need to buy presents. We're having our 'Not Christmas' meetup this weekend, which consists of friends who I won't see nearer the time, e.g. old uni buddies, and we do a secret santa and have a meal and sit round someone's fire and admire their tree.

I'm really looking forward to it, but I have to get the secret santa gift for someone who doesn't need anything and is rubbish about giving suggestions, plus a proper gift for my friend who likes exchanging proper gifts. I think I'm just going to get her a bunch of cake decorating things though. On which note, do we have a cake decorating thread in here? I've never noticed one, which strikes me as odd now I think about it.

So I need to drag myself into town, and I only have today or tomorrow to do it, but I'm also really tired! So, recoup my strength after my first day back at work after being sick, or make a first foray into town now rather than leaving it to the last minute tomorrow and possibly panic-buying unspeakable crepe?

Last edited by dropscone on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

ndpittman wrote:
kfad wrote:
lillianp wrote:

Right there with you. The only way I'm getting through this day is with chai black tea with a dollop of coconut nog every hour or two.

That sounds magical... I should go to the store.

That was my first thought--great combination! I'm wondering if speculoos spread melting into apple cider would be awesome or too sweet.

You'll never know until you try.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:33 am 

vijita wrote:
kfad wrote:
I got up a half hour ago, and already want a nap.

I actually do that almost every day. My cat wakes me up at 4, then I get up for a bit and then nap until 7. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I really love those wee hours of the morning (punctuated by cat snuggles), and then the luxury of fooling myself into thinking I can have a nap.

This is actually one of my favorite things. Minus the cat. Because I don't have a cat. But I like to get up, eat, look at internet, then go back to sleep. I usually only do it on the weekend though, because otherwise I'm really grumpy about getting back up to get ready for work.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 am 
Keepin' It Seal

ok it may be a bad idea to post this publicly on the internet, but I need to talk to someone about it. I think it's time to break up with my partner. I'm not exactly unhappy by the relationship, but I feel like I'm not getting anything out of it. My partner has been super distant lately, although they do acknowledge it and blame it on stress from finals. But still, saying you're sorry doesn't change the fact that we live less than 5 miles apart but only see each other once a week and when we do spend time together we either eat or watch netflix shows and barely talk to or touch each other. Maybe it'll get better over winter break once the stress factor is gone? I don't know; this kind of reaction to stress is so unfamiliar to me. I react to stress completely differently.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:40 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

When are finals over? If it's just been a few weeks I'd give them a chance over break, and then maybe talk about how you can deal with stressful times in a better way in future when you're both relaxed?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:57 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Yup. I feel like crepe today. 4 hr rt taking Molly to the bet on my day off didn't help.

I got my usual iced latte this morning, and then said to hell with it and went back for a hot latte to drink on the way to work. Yikes!

I have to teach evening classes today too. Don't wanna.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:02 am 
Keepin' It Seal

dropscone wrote:
When are finals over? If it's just been a few weeks I'd give them a chance over break, and then maybe talk about how you can deal with stressful times in a better way in future when you're both relaxed?

Finals will be over soon, but then I go on vacation and then they go on vacation right after I get back. So we won't have a chance to talk about things until like a month from now. So I guess I'm just going to pull back a little and pretty much pretend I'm single for now so I'm not disappointed that they spend more time with their friends than me. And Christmas crafts. That'll keep me occupied for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:19 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

How long have you been going out? I quickly jumped in with an answer, but if it's not been that long and you're not feeling any closeness or excitement then that doesn't sound good, you're right.

Seems like a bit of a bad time. You probably don't want to break up while they're in the middle of finals because then you really get to be the bad person if they mess their finals up! But I can see why you might want to sort something out if you're going to be separated for a month during the holiday season (with parties where you might meet other eligible people?).

Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 am 
Keepin' It Seal

We've been going out 6 months. Things were good in the beginning, but I don't know if it's because it was during summer break/beginning of the semester or just because it was the fun beginning stages. I'll definitely wait til January and see if things get better without school getting in the way. But it really doesn't even feel like they're that into me either at this point. They still have fun and hang out. Just not with me much. Other things I should also mention: there's a 7 year age difference, which is only an issue because it's the difference between being a senior in university and being graduated for several years. Also, neither of us know what we're doing here. It's their first relationship and it's my first committed, monogamous, non-casual relationship.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:26 pm 
Semen Strong

I am sorry Joyfulgirl. I remember how happy you were when you started dating. I'd take some time to think about my needs and then have a conversation now, even if its just to confirm that you're on a break for your mutual vacations and will talk when you both return.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:31 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Trying to come up with a dinner idea from what I have left over in the house (badly in need of groceries but no money until Friday) and not being very successful.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:10 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Tofulish wrote:
I am sorry Joyfulgirl. I remember how happy you were when you started dating. I'd take some time to think about my needs and then have a conversation now, even if its just to confirm that you're on a break for your mutual vacations and will talk when you both return.

Thanks <3 now that I'm thinking about it more, I'm realizing it's more than just the recent stress/distance thing. I'll give it until after the stressful holiday season and then see if I still feel the same. Then cue the anxiety. As someone who ordinarily avoids confrontation at all cost, I have no idea how to bring this up or how to break up with someone once the time comes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

people at work who make you repeat something 10 different times in 10 different ways in these crazy outta control email chains...driving me nuts today. Let's get with the program, people.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:16 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Also, people at work who ask me to do things: when you give me complicated instructions and I repeat them in front of you to make sure I have it correct, listen and correct me before I do all the work. Please don't wait until I finished it all to tell me I have to redo it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:21 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So my grandfather shattered his shoulder and probably has to have a total shoulder replacement. What the hell is going on with my family?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:49 pm 

Ugh, RC! I am so sorry to hear that!! I think y'all need to stay in doors. Away from steps. Possibly wearing bubble wrap.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:54 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I know, right? I think I'm going to get all my family members protective bubbles for xmas!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:22 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Moon wrote:
Trying to come up with a dinner idea from what I have left over in the house (badly in need of groceries but no money until Friday) and not being very successful.

Heya Moon, maybe if you give us a list of what you have in the house we can help you put something together? Although that's probably a whole other thread in itself!

Blog: veganbutnotscary.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 pm 
WRETCHED

I just roasted some pumpkin seeds and I'm on the fast track to eating them all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:26 pm 
Impressive boner

Please let me sleep tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Today sucked. I've been working at grooming place #1 for a month and a half and haven't gotten one customer complaint. I started at a new place last week and have gotten three complaints in three days. Manager says "it's really concerning." I don't know what the fork is going on. The other place is much higher-end, so I would think they would be more likely to complain about services.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:12 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Could it be a complaint about you as a person and not the product? Because maybe the people who go to this new place are more XY about things, like you might look too left wing/young/tattooed whatever and they are being mean because they don't like that? I've gotten a couple customer complaints and its always from rich straighty mc white in their mid-fifties men.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:43 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mars wrote:
Could it be a complaint about you as a person and not the product? Because maybe the people who go to this new place are more XY about things, like you might look too left wing/young/tattooed whatever and they are being mean because they don't like that? I've gotten a couple customer complaints and its always from rich straighty mc white in their mid-fifties men.

That would be really weird, because the first place is in an upscale yuppity conservative area, and the other is run by a bunch of tattooed college kids. I don't think that's it, though, two of the complaints were from suit-and-tie men, and one was from a woman I didn't even meet - I took her instructions over the phone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:53 pm 
Dead by dawn

I spent all day at work thinking it was Thursday. The sucky thing is that I have two more days to work, but the good part is that I got so much done today in a blind panic that I am a day ahead of the game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1172, 1173, 1174, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178 ... 1899  Next