| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1174, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180 ... 1847  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:59 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Moon wrote:
I find when people are getting their dogs groomed they are either happy that the nightmare of Mr Fluffy being dirty is over with and pretty much anything will do, or the total opposite and they're not happy if their dogs aren't exactly like that picture in the magazine or like the person who worked there 10 years ago. Then there are the people that think they know what a "sport clip" is when they actually wanted a puppy cut. But very, very rarely are they complaining for any real reason. Do you know what the complaints were or were you just told that there were complaints with no specifics?

I do know. Person #1 had a standard poodle with a long matted coat. I dematted the dog and did a face/feet/tail cut, which means that aside from brushing, I don't touch the rest of the body. She complained that I hadn't cut some hair that isn't included in that type of cut and would have cost her like $30 more. Oh, and she complained about the price.

Person #2 just casually said "I would've liked more off the butt, but of course she wouldn't know that." (Since I'm new and don't know these people.)

Person #3 has two westies and basically hated everything about them. He said they were too short on the back, they were uneven, I shaved the butt (sanitary) too close. It was pretty much a textbook westie cut. In fact, no one has ever complained about one of my westie cuts, ever. I thought I was doing what he asked, but my only real instructions were "same as last time, short around the butt" so I was just relying on what the last groomer had written on the card.

Person #3 is an important customer who spends a lot of money there, so while the manager blew off the first two comments like they were no big deal, now that there may be a legitimate complaint, of course those first two complaints count.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:03 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

it sounds like they have some expectations that aren't standard and you don't know about, so maybe you can mention that to the manager and ask whoever is making appointments to get specific details for you about the cuts the people want? it sounds like LW is right that maybe someone there before you did things really differently and the customers don't know that their way wasn't standard.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:06 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ijustdiedinside wrote:
it sounds like they have some expectations that aren't standard and you don't know about, so maybe you can mention that to the manager and ask whoever is making appointments to get specific details for you about the cuts the people want? it sounds like LW is right that maybe someone there before you did things really differently and the customers don't know that their way wasn't standard.

I get my own instructions 90% of the time. I'm just going to have to start asking more questions instead of relying on the last groomer's notes, I guess. I often do the "same as last time?" and if they say yes, then I don't ask much more.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:14 am 
Ninja Master

I can't decide whether this should go in the best thing or the worst thing about my day thread. I'll let you decide, PPK.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... rease.html

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:52 am 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry creep. The first two really just sound like the usual grousing, and that you'll probably resolve the one issue if you just get better instructions. It sucks, but it sounds like you're a really great groomer! I wish you lived near us :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:56 am 
WRETCHED

Centipedes, GAH! I was sitting on my basement stairs, waiting for my dogs to finish their business outside and a centipede decided to sit next to me. Centipedes, if you are going to be in my house, at least stay in the dark corners.

And I totally love westies. The previous owner of our house had a couple and they were so cute.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:05 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've been feeling really badly about my work situation the past few days, but I'm focusing on the positives right now (and there are many!) so that feels nice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:09 am 
Dead by dawn

Same sex couples have been getting marriage licenses in WA for 8 hours now, since 12:01am (in my county at least, I'm sure many of the counties where they didn't vote in favor of it are not having special hours!) 300+ issued so far and there's still a line. Since there's a 3 day waiting period here, that means the first marriages can take place on Sunday. The King County courthouse will be open on Sunday for people who don't want to wait a day longer than they have to. Weddings! Love! Happy people!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:14 am 
WRETCHED

MT - You should do some major wedding crashing!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:17 am 
Dead by dawn

I'm a little bummed that I don't know anyone who's getting married right away. My friends want take their time and plan weddings!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:25 am 
WRETCHED

Who says you have to know them?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:30 am 
Keepin' It Seal

jeez creep, that sounds really frustrating. It sounds like they're used to things specifically like they used to be done and not the textbook way. Hopefully you'll get a feel for their expectations and I hope you get some positive reviews too to counteract these.

I'm having a better day today. I did zumba last night and had so much fun and then went back home and spent some quality time laughing and crafting with my housemate/friend and her partner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:52 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I just caught up on my PPKing, and I just want to hug all of you. So many sleep-deprived PPKers and PPKers with various life issues...love to everyone.

I did well in court today! I've been feeling super terrible about my ability to lawyer, that this was so necessary even though I didn't do a whole lot because it wasn't really contentious.

Now I am off to my cousin's wedding! family time...yay. I need to remember that I am not ugly/fat (used in as an insult by my aunts, nothing body positive in my extended family)/awful, and then I will be able to get through it...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:16 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I decided to stop trying to figure out what music my students will find acceptable during independant work time.

Yesterday, I added some of my Rihanna songs to the playlist. I thought she was reasonably popular, but they asked for Taylor Swift instead.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:19 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

The news out of Syria with the sarin gas is really scary.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 pm 
WELFARIST!

Fizzgig wrote:
I did well in court today! I've been feeling super terrible about my ability to lawyer, that this was so necessary even though I didn't do a whole lot because it wasn't really contentious.

Yay Fizzgig!!!

My advice for today: do not buy Christmas scented lotions and things. I let my Scroogeyness lapse for one goddamn second and splurged on some "candied mallow" scented handcream for Christmas and boy do I regret it every time I lotion up my hands before bed. It's putrid! I'm sort of in shock that my kitty still deigns to sleep with me when I'm wearing it. He's a trouper!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:18 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I saw a recipe on someone round here's blog recently that made me go and buy custard powder, and now I can't remember for the life of me what or where it was. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:29 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

My guy is telling his eldest (13) about us tonight and I've just read some of the tween thread in the playground, bad move 0.o

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:31 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

seitanicverses wrote:
Fizzgig wrote:

Yay Fizzgig!!!

My advice for today: do not buy Christmas scented lotions and things. I let my Scroogeyness lapse for one goddamn second and splurged on some "candied mallow" scented handcream for Christmas and boy do I regret it every time I lotion up my hands before bed. It's putrid! I'm sort of in shock that my kitty still deigns to sleep with me when I'm wearing it. He's a trouper!

There are some bath abd bodyworks christmas scents that I really like. I have friends that buy lotions seasonally and I love visiting them around the holidays. I think vanilla bean noel is my fave. Don't tell my mom, she'd be horrified!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm 
WRETCHED

fezza wrote:
My guy is telling his eldest (13) about us tonight and I've just read some of the tween thread in the playground, bad move 0.o

I'd say don't take anything personally. My mom started dating my stepfather when I was 13. He wasn't very nice to me but I wasn't very nice to him either. A lot of it was him 'ruining' my relationship with my mother. Some of that was obviously perceived.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:56 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I'm eating all the chocolates I bought to put in the boyfriend's calender. Hee!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:01 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Ruby Rose wrote:
I saw a recipe on someone round here's blog recently that made me go and buy custard powder, and now I can't remember for the life of me what or where it was. Any ideas?

I think I saw it recently in a recipe for vegan french vanilla ice cream, could it have been that? I don't know whether I saw that on a blog or somewhere else, though.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had a shitty day at work. I really need to apply for jobs, but I can only update my CV at work because neither Mike nor I have decent wp software (I have NeoOffice, which is shiitake). I asked my siblings to buy me Office for Mac, but I don't know if I can wait for them to buy it, have it shipped to one of them, and then send it to me (the US version is cheaper, but they won't ship it outside the US). I might just bite the bullet and buy the UK version.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:36 pm 
WRETCHED

Rachel, if you are using a Mac, have ou looked at the pricing for Pages? I swear it is a lot cheaper.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:44 pm 
Chard Martyr

Yeah Pages is cheaper and it is compatible. Plus you can just buy it right through app store.

YAY work is done for the week... kinda... just a presentation tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1174, 1175, 1176, 1177, 1178, 1179, 1180 ... 1847  Next