| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:09 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Ugh. I'm back. I'd been doing pretty well at maintaining, then a mix of no running and holiday snacks converged, resulting in gaining 7 lbs. I want to get this back off, if anything just because my pants are uncomfortable. A lady I work with says I shouldn't worry about it until after New Years--what do you think? I think that's what got me in trouble the first time (I gained like 30 or pounds; I've had it off for a year and a half or so with slight fluctuations.) I feel like you have to look at every day as a chance to move somehow and eat some fruits and veggies. Finding the motivation to do that, however...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

ndpittman, if I were in that position, I wouldn't wait until New Year's! It just makes it that much harder to lose it again. You might find it's easier to get rid of while it's still "new."

This is the first winter of my life that I haven't gained as soon as the weather changed. Y'ALL. This is the first winter EVER. The hard work is actually worth it, because the weight I lost is still gone!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:31 pm 
WRETCHED

dakini wrote:
I think I'm spoiled by how great the PPK forums are. I go to the MFP forums and it's just tons of trolling.
Some greatest hits: Sugar is poison, microwaves are death traps, vegetables have carbs so don't eat them.

Ha, yes, MFP is crazy. Also, a lot of people view it as a quasi dating forum which again is crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:42 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I stopped trying to lose weight for a few weeks but to my surprise I stayed roughly where I was. I kept expecting to see the scales creep up, but I think they reason they didn't much is that I'm on a really tight budget but have also started getting an organic veg-bag delivery and I really can't afford to waste the contents so I'm forced to eat fruit and veg instead of pizza and chips! (mostly).

I also had that vomiting bug the last few days, and the only good thing about it was that I lost 3 pounds (and still don't have my appetite back. Having to force myself to eat something because I got dizzy was weird!) so now I'm 10 pounds off "normal" range.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:47 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

dakini wrote:
... Sugar is poison, microwaves are death traps, vegetables have carbs so don't eat them.

Oh, the temptation to sig that out of context!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:23 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I started back on the diet this Monday. Besides constantly biting my husband's head off because now everything about him when I'm on a diet makes me want to KILL KILL KILL, it's going well. I braved the scale this morning for the first time since the hurricane and I am happy to say I am two pounds below where I was at the beginning of the hurricane! I have no idea how that happened and I'm not feeling as slim as I was before I fell off the wagon, but I've now lost 10 solid pounds from my starting weight. 75-80 to go, huzzah!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 pm 
WRETCHED

I can't believe that I'm struggling with vegetables. I mean I still eat more vegetables than the average person but as soon as the weather dips, my vegetable consumption also dips. So I'm working vegetables back in.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:19 pm 

linanil wrote:
I can't believe that I'm struggling with vegetables. I mean I still eat more vegetables than the average person but as soon as the weather dips, my vegetable consumption also dips. So I'm working vegetables back in.

This! I'm all carbs all the time. And sugar. Which is a carb, ha. I made a point tonight to make half of my plate veggies tonight.

ETA: Thanks thisheregiraffe. I am not waiting. Before I was always waiting--oh, I don't want to start something on a Friday, or I don't want to start something at the end of the month. I was even doing it tonight. I hadn't been to they gym this week, and part of me was like, meh, wait until next week. But I went, and it felt great.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:55 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I went out of town for two days and gained a pound. It was a business trip and good food was the only part of that was any fun, so I went out and ate a massive dinner both nights (and my company paid for it, so sure, of course I'll have an appetizer AND a dessert!).

It's only a pound, but it's annoying because I knew it was going to happen, and I did it anyway. Meh. Back on the wagon again!

I do find myself getting obsessive about counting calories as precisely as possible. Even when it makes very little sense. Tonight I had to estimate the weight of my broccoli and it was kind of upsetting. And I find myself wanting to eat more packaged foods because the counting work is already done for me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 pm 
***LIES!!!***

ashley wrote:
And I find myself wanting to eat more packaged foods because the counting work is already done for me.

I have that problem. It's infuriating. Otherwise I have to weigh everything and become neurotic about it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:12 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Also it drives me crazy when I portion meals out exactly and then someone comes along and takes a few bites of one or eats just part of a serving. What do I do then?! Eat the whole serving please or leave it alone! Don't leave me with something I can't count.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:37 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ariann wrote:
ashley wrote:
And I find myself wanting to eat more packaged foods because the counting work is already done for me.

I have that problem. It's infuriating. Otherwise I have to weigh everything and become neurotic about it.
Get a cheap set of scales and keep a mental note about how many calories are in 50g dry weight (for things like lentils and pasta) and what vegetables are in the high/medium/low calorie groups. After a few meals, you can guestimate things pretty well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:23 am 
Ninja Master

linanil wrote:

I'm the same, I'm really struggling to eat enough. I love veg but sometimes I just can't be bothered to prep it.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 am 
***LIES!!!***

Gulliver wrote:
Ariann wrote:
ashley wrote:

Get a cheap set of scales and keep a mental note about how many calories are in 50g dry weight (for things like lentils and pasta) and what vegetables are in the high/medium/low calorie groups. After a few meals, you can guestimate things pretty well.

I have a scale and use it all the time. I can't retain a mental image of the size of things, though, so I can't guesstimate anything (I've been dieting for 20+ years, this is just not a skill I can develop). Also, guesstimating is not in my nature (and for almost everybody, leads to underestimating calories). I want exactness. I also don't eat things that lend themselves well to guesstimating (like a pile of just one food).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:14 am 
***LIES!!!***

ashley wrote:
Also it drives me crazy when I portion meals out exactly and then someone comes along and takes a few bites of one or eats just part of a serving. What do I do then?! Eat the whole serving please or leave it alone! Don't leave me with something I can't count.

Ugh, yes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 am 

baps wrote:
linanil wrote:

I'm the same, I'm really struggling to eat enough. I love veg but sometimes I just can't be bothered to prep it.

This! I filled half my plate with veggies because I microwaved frozen veggies. They were pretty good though! Organic from Whole Foods, California blend with cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli. They didn't get mushy, and I kept myself from slathering them in Earth Balance (partially because the other have of my plate was mac and cheese...)

Baby steps!

Ariann, FWIW, I'm the same way. I am terrible about having a mental image about the size of things.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:18 am 
Ninja Master

ashley wrote:

My dad is a nightmare for doing this! He likes to try things so he'll pick at leftovers til he's eaten half of it. Drives me nuts.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I lost a little more! About half a pound. I'm losing really slowly BUT I'm cool with it. I'm not counting cals, I'm not gaining weight, I have a pretty active lifestyle, and I'm eating my veggies. And cookies.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:36 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I gained a pound tonight (for the week). I can deal with that....hoping to have a big, solid loss number come up next time though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:26 am 
Frees Bunny Slippers

weighed myself this morning, and i am down 16.6 pounds since July. I am 3.4 pounds away from my high school graduation/current goal weight (almost 6 years ago). maybe by new years?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:45 am 
Seagull of the PPK

yeah, i'm back too. i'm back to running but my clothes are getting tight (not due to running). there's been too much drinking lately. i'm trying to make some simple, basic changes like more veg and less wheat.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:56 am 
Naked Under Apron

ndpittman wrote:
I feel like you have to look at every day as a chance to move somehow and eat some fruits and veggies. Finding the motivation to do that, however...

This is where I am. Trying not to say "eff it, it's Christmas! ... and New Year's" But my pants are mighty tight this week too, so I'm trying to make good choices NOW instead of some theoretical point in the future. Which is hard.

I think counting calories drives me nuts, but I may do unlimited veggies and focus on servings of other things- like 2 servings of grains per day (I know that's always about 200 calories), 2 servings of something higher-fat (1/2 an avocado, a Tbsp of oil), etc. and see how that goes. My biggest challenge is planning ahead (and then sticking to the meals I've planned instead of letting myself change my mind!)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:33 am 
WRETCHED

I went to the gym yesterday (good) but then decided to make brownies (which I have a lack of portion control) and had nachos for dinner (not exactly balanced).

Today, I went to the gym and did a kettlebell workout and I also avoided buying a Silk Nog (again, lack of portion control).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

SAD is making me squishy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:40 am 

Do you bike year round, fupapack? I'd really like to be a year-round runner, but I just psych myself out so much about running in the cold. And my nose and throat feel funny breathing in that cold air, and my inner grandma keeps telling me I'm going to catch pneumonia by sweating in the cold.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 145  Next