| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 408, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:30 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

vijita, I'm so sorry.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:31 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so very sorry vijita. She sounds like a lovely friend, and someone who will be dearly missed.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:00 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So trivial compared to most... but, worst thing is just... this incredible loneliness. Feel so blue.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

vijita wrote:
My SF roommate's cancer is back, and she wrote me today that she likely won't be around for my wedding in March. She doesn't want to go through chemo/radiation again. She is one of my top five favourite people in the world. Her email was optimistic, because she was trying to save me from being sad, and it is heartbreaking. fork cancer.

fuckballs :( will you get a chance to visit her? or, is there any way to get her up before the wedding at all?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:41 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Oh vijita, I'm so sorry. You speak about her with so much love and fondness, I can't imagine how much you must be hurting right now. Lots of love to you.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:45 am 
Chard Martyr

Thanks guys. She truly is an amazing woman. I talked to my boss tonight and will be planning a trip down to SF as soon as I can manage it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:10 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I'm so sorry to hear that vijita! I hope you find somewhere to stay.

Ugh, Tofulish. That is so disappointing. I'm sorry that happened.

LW, I think you're the best teacher ever. I really wish I could have had more teachers like you. You have amazing endurance with these kids. Hopefully you'll spark something in a few of them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:08 am 

Also, worst thing about my day? Someone posted this on my father's FB wall.

Not sure if that's visible for other people as it's from FB. Anyway, I hate the lies that go around about 'illegal immigrants.'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 am 
ugh

Yeah, I hear North Korea is an awesome place to live.

Sending you like 10,000 internet hugs right now.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:28 am 
WRETCHED

Let's hold Iran, North Korea and Afghanistan up as the standards that we would like to follow (PS many people die crossing into the US, whether they get shot, die of dehydration, drown, whatever).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:35 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I have gotten so I hide that political stuff on my facebook. I am just tired of it, especially the more conservative stuff. Most of it isn't even true anyway. People violate the law - if they get away with it it's because they simply were skilled at not getting caught, not because they are getting special treatment.

The worst thing about my day? Feeling some anxiety coming on. Not a big deal, but I feel antsy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:36 am 

Thanks, b.vicious. My dad can't figure out how to delete it from his wall either. I can see where to report it was spam, but I think my dad can just delete it without reporting it as spam.

linanil: Exactly. Wilson walked for days, was robbed at knife point (stripped down to his underpants). He was forced to pay bribes to the Mexican officials, and he had to drink water out of puddles. Not long ago he had a friend who didn't make it. And I know I can't categorize all immigrants like this, but you know what they go through that for? To wash our forking dishes. Paint our houses, mow the lawns. Whatever they can do to earn a little bit of money.

ETA: I don't want to offend anyone here, and I'm hoping that I'm not. I know a lot of Americans are grateful for whatever work they can get, too. I don't think I'm above hard work, but I'm very thankful that I get to sit at a desk in a heated/cooled building.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:40 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

The political stuff on my FB really upsets me too. I live in a really conservative area, so a lot of my friends are pretty conservative themselves. We don't talk about it in person, but they paste it up all over facebook.

ndpittman, I have seen that exact post more times that I can count, it was on my newsfeed today in fact. Pissed me off.

Facebook is for pictures of your cat, not politics. Well, I think so anyway. Political and religious stuff gets me all worked up, and I have to restrain myself from aruging with people. I don't think facebook is an appropriate place for discussions like that. Twitter is even worse. You have 140 characters people! come on!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:51 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Conservatives' demonization of undocumented workers is brilliant when you think about it. Somehow they've convinced the white working class that the boot on their neck belongs to immigrants and not the corporations paying poverty wages. Divide and conquer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:02 pm 
ugh

I actually don't mind political discussions on Facebook - sometimes they're informative, and it's easy to walk away if I'm not interested. I just unfriend or hide the people with political opinions I find abhorrent.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:12 pm 

Yeah, I typically don't mind political or religious stuff. I'll hide if I do. (I love my aunt Carole, but sometimes I have to hide her. She's a fan of the anti-abortion fetus pic.) But that meme is just so abhorrent and false! And the guy posted it on my dad's wall. I was just looking at my dad's page squeeing over how cute him having facebook is, and I was greeted by that.

Also, JonnyWoop: Excellent point.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:43 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm stuck in Iowa with my parents for another weekend. 3 more days, I can get through this. It's been a rough week and a half with them so far.

Now I remember why I live far away. They are nice people, but I can't be around them for more than a few days without getting depressed and angry for some reason. Partially might be all the driving and the lack of walking, I'm from Boston and am used to 3-4 miles of walking a day, minimum!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:10 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

People. They are the worst thing about my day.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:13 pm 

Wallace22 wrote:
People. They are the worst thing about my day.

Well you know what Sartre says about other people.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:55 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Er - no. What did Sartre say about other people?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:32 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I was supposed to talk with my boss today about my surgery next month. The extent of that conversation was "How long are you going to be out?" "2-3 weeks." And then she made a disgusted face and said, "We'll discuss that when we get there."

She proceeded to say, with something that sounded like smugness, that a customer had complained about me yesterday and boring story even more boring, I should have told the customer to call her since I didn't know what to do regarding the party menu we have. I explained to her that I had indeed told the customer to call her, and that another coworker had been involved and also could not locate the party menus. So my boss says , "Sure you did."

And then she told me that I didn't do enough work (are you kidding? I do nothing but serve, clean, serve some more, and wash disgusting, smelly dishes, all while dealing with her bullshiitake!), and was doing closing wrong. She has never once told me how to do closing; my coworkers did. I am supposed to listen to them as they have been here longer. Everything that I'm doing "wrong" are things that other workers are doing without reprimand.

fork her. fork awful, rude people like her. I think she's doing this to find a way to justify firing me before my surgery. I really want to screw her over for the holiday rush and leave now. However, I have too much respect for my coworkers. It's not their fault she's an evil overlord.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:38 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

vijita wrote:
Thanks guys. She truly is an amazing woman. I talked to my boss tonight and will be planning a trip down to SF as soon as I can manage it.

I hope you are able to spend a lot of time with her. The worst part is knowing what is coming and I'm sure she will feel so much better seeing you.

My sister's funeral was today. It was nice to see all the people that came, but I could have done without my step-grandmother shaming me in front of my friends about not coming to Christmas for the past decade. It's not like there would be a reason for it or anything.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Send me your address for a pandacare package, fatcat.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Every time I come into this thread to post something, it totally puts things in perspective for me and I never post my dumb complaints. Hugs to everyone here.

(My dumb thing for the day, which probably highlights how good my day was more than anything- I wanted to make salt dough ornaments for people for Christmas, with their names stamped on the back so I could also use them as the gift tags for their presents. I bought an overpriced cookie-stamp set that had little alphabet pieces, since they were the only letter stamps I could find. I made the dough and kneaded it forever and rolled it out, then went to get stamping- and found that someone had opened the box, stolen the letter pieces, and sealed it back up. Who does that?)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:05 am 

Wallace22 wrote:
Er - no. What did Sartre say about other people?

Lol, "Hell is other people."

Pretty much my favorite quote ever. Sorry to nerd out on you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 408, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414 ... 617  Next