| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Can't remember what I weighed when I was last on here but my weight is finally going south and not running back up if I do so much as glance at a sweet. I've gone from 137 to 132.2 in about a month. I'm aiming for 130 by New Years. After that I will aim for 126 and try maintain at that since that was my weight watchers goal from last year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:18 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

OK, I'm in!
Full disclosure - 165 fully clothed (in workout gear) at the gym. That's a good 20 lb over my ideal weight and the heaviest I've been in 2.5 years. Hoping the new healthy habits I started this week will make a difference!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

ndpittman wrote:
Do you bike year round, fupapack? I'd really like to be a year-round runner, but I just psych myself out so much about running in the cold. And my nose and throat feel funny breathing in that cold air, and my inner grandma keeps telling me I'm going to catch pneumonia by sweating in the cold.

Yeah, I bike year round. I run year round too. Anything to try and combat SAD! I also ice skate, cross country ski, and snowshoe!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:24 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

fupapack wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
Do you bike year round, fupapack? I'd really like to be a year-round runner, but I just psych myself out so much about running in the cold. And my nose and throat feel funny breathing in that cold air, and my inner grandma keeps telling me I'm going to catch pneumonia by sweating in the cold.

Yeah, I bike year round. I run year round too. Anything to try and combat SAD! I also ice skate, cross country ski, and snowshoe!

I just shivered thinking about all that! There's a rink by my house though, I used to love ice skating... I wonder if my hockey skates still fit...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:31 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:31 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

if we lived closer together i'd make you run with me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm 

Aw, thanks, fupapack! I'm going to try to get out on Sunday as long as the forecast stays the same (no rain, mid 40's). The other thing is I'm just going to have to get over my hatred of the treadmill. It's funny to me, because I used to like the treadmill! But now that I got used to running outside, the treadmill seems so tortuous and boring. I'm thinking of maybe breaking up the cardio with a bit on the treadmill and a bit on the bike or something like that. I'm worried about losing endurance over the winter because I'd managed to speed up my pace by 30 seconds from last year, and I don't want to start all over again in the Spring.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:31 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

In the last two years I have gone from 275 to 153. (9 months of that I was pregnant) I'm not sure how much more I want to lose but I'm definitely still working on it. For me it's more about lifestyle changes than counting calories. I need to add exercise into my life. It's hard to find the time, energy, and self confidence to start this. Or at least those are my excuses.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:57 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

my SAD is so bad right now. I had to force myself to run yesterday and the whole time i was sulking. i guess that's responsible though, doing shiitake you don't want to do to get the desired outcome.

amajorrecords, do any of your buddies work out? maybe you can do something low key with them or do stuff in your house like workout videos or weights? i really like weight lifting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:04 pm 

I feel ya on the SAD. Winter is killing me and any motivation to be active.

Unfortunately right now my buddies are mostly my two girls (4 and 9 months). My best option is working out at home. I need to look into some DVDs or something to get started. I just can't afford to pay for the gym and/or childcare. I wish I had a jogging stroller...but again money is an issue. The thing is besides sports as a kid I've never really worked out in my entire life. I need to figure out something fun or I'll get bored. I also need to figure out where to start and not kill myself initially by doing too much. I took a yoga class before I had the girls and loved it but quit due to my social anxiety. I'm definitely at the point in my weight loss that I need to be toning big time to get rid of some of the sagginess.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:29 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Amajorrecords wrote:
In the last two years I have gone from 275 to 153. (9 months of that I was pregnant) I'm not sure how much more I want to lose but I'm definitely still working on it. For me it's more about lifestyle changes than counting calories. I need to add exercise into my life. It's hard to find the time, energy, and self confidence to start this. Or at least those are my excuses.

That is an AMAZING accomplishment, especially with a pregnancy in between! Got any tips for the rest of us? Is there any way you can integrate exercise into your play time with your kids? Dance party at home? Jump rope? Racing in the back yard? (ETA: Also, wearing the baby in a carrier on walks is great exercise, don't bother with the jogging stroller!) Any movement is good. I'm trying to go from now about 217 to 130-140. My highest pregnancy weight was around 230 (at some point I started refusing to get on the scale). I had been losing weight slowly right before I got pregnant and then gained 70 pounds while eating really well during pregnancy (I even saw a nutritionist for most of my pregnancy - she was amazed at how healthy my diet was), I just have a hard time getting control of hunger or not seeing hunger as an emergency (*especially* during pregnancy).

I'm so frustrated right now because I started back on the diet on Monday and then found out Wednesday night I had bronchitis and am now on antibiotics. Of course the antibiotics make me nauseous and my stomach being empty makes the nausea worse (just like pregnancy!), so the past couple of days I've overdone the starches. Why can't I have just one week of normal before life throws a wrench in it?

Last edited by Ariann on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:32 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ariann wrote:
Amajorrecords wrote:

That is an AMAZING accomplishment, especially with a pregnancy in between! Got any tips for the rest of us? Is there any way you can integrate exercise into your play time with your kids? Dance party at home? Jump rope? Racing in the back yard? Any movement is good. I'm trying to go from now about 217 to 130-140. I had been losing weight slowly right before I got pregnant and then gained 70 pounds while eating really well during pregnancy (I even saw a nutritionist for most of my pregnancy - she was amazed at how healthy my diet was), I just have a hard time getting control of hunger or not seeing hunger as an emergency (*especially* during pregnancy).

I'm so frustrated right now because I started back on the diet on Monday and then found out Wednesday night I had bronchitis and am now on antibiotics. Of course the antibiotics make me nauseous and my stomach being empty makes the nausea worse (just like pregnancy!), so the past couple of days I've overdone the starches. Why can't I have just one week of normal before life throws a wrench in it?

jump roping is a crazy work out!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:34 pm 
***LIES!!!***

It's a great work out! Just in small spurts!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:43 pm 

Honestly going vegan was what helped me lose the weight. Cooking everything at home and mostly from scratch. I was a fast food pizza ordering junkie. I don't count calories or limit myself from treats. In order to keep the weight off i need this to be a change of lifestyle. I try to be mindful of a healthy balance and portion control but mostly Im trying to listen to my body for the first time in my life.

I also had horrific morning sickness with D and lost weight during my pregnancy instead of gaining. I'm still having some stomach issues which make eating 3 meals a day difficult. However I also am battling hypothyroidism and despite medication cannot seem
to get my levels back to normal. It's weird I'm not gaining weight. I see a GI doc on the 20th. I really screwed up my body with
a horrible diet and am paying the price now.

Playing with the kids is definitely what I need to do. It's hard with the weather right now but dancing is a good idea! I know Z will love that and playing with D is natural weight lifting. Haha. She is 20lbs at 9 months! Eeks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:18 am 
WRETCHED

I hate counting calories but I definitely need to do it. I also know I need to be more active, my activity level dropped and my weight went up.

I'm excited because we are going to enjoy the nice weather today and go to DC. We will be walking, walking and walking some more. Then maybe pizza for dinner.

Oh and guys, I did my first sit-up the other day without an Abmat. I had never been able to do a sit-up ever but I had done it on an Abmat. During classes there are no abmats but they tell everyone to do sit-ups and I usually do crunches. Then I tried and I could do it. Then I worked with my trainer yesterday and showed him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:05 am 

That's awesome, linanlil!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 am 
Bathes in Braggs

:(

My stupid hashimoto's makes it impossible to lose weight right now. I can't even go to the gym.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:15 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Well, I've lost two pounds since last week! I'm shocked. I had to think of whether I was dehydrated or not. I did a happy dance.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:18 pm 

VeganinBerlin wrote:
:(

My stupid hashimoto's makes it impossible to lose weight right now. I can't even go to the gym.

I have hashimotos too. Right now levels are off and I'm extremely hypo. Much sympathy!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:18 pm 

GymClassZero wrote:
Well, I've lost two pounds since last week! I'm shocked. I had to think of whether I was dehydrated or not. I did a happy dance.

Good job! That's awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:53 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i'm back on track! weighing myself after 2 weeks of not was motivation!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:38 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I've lost ten pounds since September, wooo! If I can drop about fifteen more I'll be happy.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:50 pm 

Good luck fupa, you cam do it! :) Also nice work jigglypuff! That's impressive!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:52 am 
WRETCHED

I actually stopped weighing myself and I'm going to trust in the process. Weighing myself apparently is a trigger for me. Or at least I tend to eat poorly on the days I weigh myself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:58 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Interesting how different methods work for different people!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 145  Next