| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 116  Next
 Post subject: Re: the lactation station: share your breast feedin' stuff h
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:44 am 
Semen Strong

Leela has decided that she needs to be nursed to sleep before every car trip. So as I am strapping her into the carseat, she is pulling my nipple out and then she nurses with me bent over her chair. Its hilarious and very effective. once she drifts off or gets a bit distracted, I pull my nip out and get in and drive. But this has meant that at least 2x a day, I am standing in a public spot with a boob hanging out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

That's funny Tofulish. Must be cold! Speaking of cold, I've discovered my least favorite part of nursing in winter...cold hands. My partner takes babynut to the playground right before I get home from work. So she gets home, sees me, and wants to nurse right away. Oh those hands!

Thanks everyone for the helpful info on the plugged duct lump. I'm feeling less worried about it now

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

man, i am remembering all sorts of annoying things about breastfeeding that i'd forgotten. like the stickiness. and the fact that no matter how organized and prepared i am, i end up with milk all over my clothes by the end of the day, so that i always smell a little funny. and how milk tends to stain your clothes.

it's still pretty nice to be back in this club though, even with all the annoying stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:08 pm 

Heh. It's nice to have others who understand, eh?

Tofulish, that is hilarious. A sort of drive-up boobie stand.

@Butternut, when I had a plug/blister a few weeks ago, the LC at our local clinic said to try and nurse as much as you can on the affected side even after it felt a bit better as sometimes the milk can get sorta "thick" and is removed more slowly both by expressing and nursing. She mentioned it because when I expressed at the clinic, it was very creamy looking. Just in case...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:58 pm 
Inflexitarian

Ok moms of toddlers. Did you kids attack you like a kangaroo while nursing? Guineapiglet's arms and legs seem to go flying when she nurses, especially side nursing laying down. I get kicked in the stomach and ribs, she tries to climb up my arm, slaps my other boob, I feel like a punching bag!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:46 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Milk just tastes better when your foot is wedged against your mother's chin, apparently.

(Yes, V does all sorts of antics, and boobward facing dog is still a favorite nursing position)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:47 pm 
Semen Strong

Yes, toddler nursing is straight out of the WWF. See the boob gymnastics in the car seat upthread :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:22 pm 
Naked Under Apron

haha oh goodie I thought this whole thing with Sierra where she punches me in the opposite boob while nursing is just an infant phase...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:28 pm 
Inflexitarian

Tofulish wrote:
Yes, toddler nursing is straight out of the WWF. See the boob gymnastics in the car seat upthread :)

I did! And I literally laughed out loud. It reminded me of the days when I lay did contortions bent over Bradley's crib, breast dangling in her mouth nursing her to sleep for a nap so I could get a shower and eat without worrying about her rolling out of my bed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:29 pm 
Semen Strong

Someone was telling me that the reason why infants punch and tweak your other nipple is to stimulate more milk in the boob they are on. I prefer tweaking and pinching to biting, but its still so not my favorite thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:34 pm 
Inflexitarian

Yeah that's what they teach us in IBCLC training. But no one has an explanation for why they kick you in the stomach! :) She kicked my ribs to the point of soreness and almost tears when I was pregnant (I have video of her feet extending out of my stomach and rummaging around in there like she was building a small baby colony) so I take it as her just extending the tradition into toddlerhood.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:23 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

yeah, tzipi was annoying as hell for the last few months she nursed. i was pretty strict and would kinda clamp her down with my body or opposite arm. i'm kind of touch sensitive though, so poking, prodding, tweaking etc are absolute no-goes... makes my skin crawl. even lydia gets me a bit aggravated when she flails her arms around, especially in the middle of the night when i'm tired.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:40 pm 
Chip Strong

Oh yeah, Ada has been super annoying lately when she's nursing. She is always trying to play with the other nipple. I am constantly trying to cover it up and she just somehow pushes her way under whatever is covering it or tries to push my hand away. If I'm trying to nurse her to sleep I try to lean forward so that my other boob is squished against her but she still squeezes her hand in. That and she keeps digging her elbow into my belly or slams into my belly or kicks me in the belly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:56 pm 
Inflexitarian

I wonder if the kicking and hitting is some kind of release. Like letting going of energy or something. I just finished nursing Guineapiglet to sleep and it seemed like the movement helped rock her to sleep and when I tried to stop her from flailing she actually started to wake up, when I just let her go at it, she fell right to sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh god, I am in this club. Grey is so annoying when he nurses. Always, always trying to get other nipple. I either cover it up with my arm and lace my finger behind my neck so he can't pull on it, or I lean over and nurse with the only nipple available so he can't pull on any nipple.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

For those with problems with "the other nipple" are you not wearing bras? Or are the babies reaching up inside them?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:51 pm 

I have a nipple tweaker over here too. I try to keep it covered because its really uncomfortable. It's like she knows exactly what's she's doing! She goes right for the top of the nipple and twists it between her thumb and her fingers...it drives me nuts. When she was little I could keep my nursing bra on the other breast and she would leave it alone. Now she puts her hands in there! Constant redirection.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:58 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

kimba wrote:
For those with problems with "the other nipple" are you not wearing bras? Or are the babies reaching up inside them?

Reaching inside or tweaking through the shirt and bra. I always have an arm pressed against the other breast now, to prevent tweaking and letdown.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:32 pm 
Chip Strong

mittenmacher wrote:
kimba wrote:

Reaching inside or tweaking through the shirt and bra. I always have an arm pressed against the other breast now, to prevent tweaking and letdown.

Yep, she is reaching right under my bra and whatever else I am trying to cover up with. Determination!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:37 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yup, I wear a bra and a shirt and he reaches over, under, inside, whatever to try and get to it. And sometimes he gets angry when I won't let m in there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:59 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Same here. Ugh those fingernails, pinching my nipples. I think Ada, Grey, and Violet are all about the same age.

V's latest thing is grabbing my shirt and bra down and just helping herself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:36 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh yeah, grey loves that move too. Grey started this around 9 months. Can you guess why I am ready to wean? I think I will make it to 20 months and then he's getting cut off.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:48 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Yikes - me too with Charlie. He just started some of this crepe, and it's really really annoying!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:56 am 
Semen Strong

I don't even know when L started it, but she's getting way more dexterous at manipulating under my shirt. I wear a nursing necklace to distract her, but no dice. Its boobytwiddling all night long. I take deep breaths to get through it, but it sounds like it just gets worse...

Still, I am so grateful that my boobs are a magical way to soothe her at this point, so twiddle on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:03 am 
Inflexitarian

As soon as Guineapiglet was able to stand (a little before 6 months) she was trying to figure out how to get her milk on her own without having to deal with asking the middlewoman (me). She was standing up and nursing by about 6 1/2 months and she is now proficient in lifting up my shirt, unlatching my nursing bra and going to town. This will, undoubtedly prove for some embarrassing moments in the years head.

Something new she started this week, when I'm just hanging out around the house and don't have a bra on. She walks up to me and pinches my nipple then signs "leche" and it's not a gentle pinch either!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 116  Next