| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3589 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 144  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:33 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
GUYS, I DID IT, I DIDN'T DIE, WE'RE GOING TO THE MOVIES ON SUNDAY!!!

Holy forking shiitake people!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:38 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 1082
Location: Denver
GymClassZero wrote:
GUYS, I DID IT, I DIDN'T DIE, WE'RE GOING TO THE MOVIES ON SUNDAY!!!

Holy forking shiitake people!

GCZ!GCZ!GCZ!
You are a hero to everyone who has ever chickened out when it comes to asking out crushes.
(don't forget to cut a hole in the bottom of the popcorn bucket for extra creepiness... Wait, no nevermind)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:53 pm 
Online
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12112
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
Whee! This is for the best things thread.

I hope you have a lovely time. Good for you for going for it!

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 pm 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7403
Location: Portland, OR
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:15 am
Posts: 1533
GymClassZero wrote:
GUYS, I DID IT, I DIDN'T DIE, WE'RE GOING TO THE MOVIES ON SUNDAY!!!

Holy forking shiitake people!

Whoooooooooo!

_________________
"One time I meant to send a potential employer a resume, but I accidentally sent them a bucket of puke!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:22 pm 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7872
Location: Seattle
lavawitch wrote:
Whee! This is for the best things thread.

I hope you have a lovely time. Good for you for going for it!

+1 yummy!

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:31 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
You rock GCZ.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:04 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 3972
Location: St. Louis
Yayyyy gcz!!!

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:11 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
I wish women asked men out more. That's definitely part of the feminist future I'm looking forward to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:24 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
Thanks everyone! I've been doing happy dances all night. Mom gave me a high-five.

(and lol @ the popcorn bucket. hmmmm)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:05 am 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:11 am
Posts: 302
Location: Ch-ch-ch-ch-Chico, CA
Yay!

_________________
Sentients Radio - Find Sentients in iTunes, too!
I like cats and elephants.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:38 am 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2932
Ermehgerd. Crush has given many signals he'd like to sleep with me. This is a bad idea. But man, I want to. I don't need more than that, I just want to play! What to do, what to do....

_________________
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:28 am 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:19 pm
Posts: 728
JonnyWoop wrote:
I wish women asked men out more. That's definitely part of the feminist future I'm looking forward to.


A lot of them (us) do in the feminist present.

_________________
Chicken>Lacan all day, any day. -pandacookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:04 am 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
molasses jane wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:
I wish women asked men out more. That's definitely part of the feminist future I'm looking forward to.


A lot of them (us) do in the feminist present.


Oh yeah, I know. I just wish it was more common.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
I don't tend to ask dudes out because I'm really shy! It's not because I don't think girls should, or anything like that. Maybe someday I'll be brave like GCZ.

In other news: going to see one of my favorite band with mutual-crush and some friends tonight. Wheee!

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:13 am 
Online
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12112
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
I've never known any women to not ask a guy out because it isn't something women do or should do. It's always an angsty shyness thing.

Well, except for these weird courtship only girls who didn't believe in any dating except when their dad would tell them to get married. Let's not count them.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:46 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
lavawitch wrote:
I've never known any women to not ask a guy out because it isn't something women do or should do. It's always an angsty shyness thing.

Well, except for these weird courtship only girls who didn't believe in any dating except when their dad would tell them to get married. Let's not count them.

Yeah that's what I was saying--I don't think it's an issue of being a feminist or not, it's an issue of shyness, or something like that.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:12 am 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
I got work crush's number yesterday!!!!... and apparently didn't save it correctly in my phone and lost it! So now I have to be sneaky and get it off the wall at work. Thankfully he's not working today so he won't see that part.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:44 am 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7872
Location: Seattle
kilgore trout wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
I've never known any women to not ask a guy out because it isn't something women do or should do. It's always an angsty shyness thing.

Well, except for these weird courtship only girls who didn't believe in any dating except when their dad would tell them to get married. Let's not count them.

Yeah that's what I was saying--I don't think it's an issue of being a feminist or not, it's an issue of shyness, or something like that.

Except that it's still more common for men to ask women out than vice-versa, so women can more easily get away with shyness and angst and (I suspect, anyway) there's more pressure on men to "have to" get over that. I mean, the only reason I've never asked a guy out is abject fear but if social norms dictated that I was "supposed to" be the instigator, I suppose I'd have made an effort to get over that like 25 years ago. Or maybe all of that is just my age talking and it's way closer to 50-50 amongst you young 'uns. The media doesn't seem to think so, though.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:04 pm 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7403
Location: Portland, OR
I'm with RC, plenty of my lady friends pine away wondering why a certain guy doesn't ask them out... I always remind them they could ask him out, but then they use all these justification for why they're not.

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:22 pm 
Offline
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
monkeytoes wrote:
kilgore trout wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
I've never known any women to not ask a guy out because it isn't something women do or should do. It's always an angsty shyness thing.

Well, except for these weird courtship only girls who didn't believe in any dating except when their dad would tell them to get married. Let's not count them.

Yeah that's what I was saying--I don't think it's an issue of being a feminist or not, it's an issue of shyness, or something like that.

Except that it's still more common for men to ask women out than vice-versa, so women can more easily get away with shyness and angst and (I suspect, anyway) there's more pressure on men to "have to" get over that. I mean, the only reason I've never asked a guy out is abject fear but if social norms dictated that I was "supposed to" be the instigator, I suppose I'd have made an effort to get over that like 25 years ago. Or maybe all of that is just my age talking and it's way closer to 50-50 amongst you young 'uns. The media doesn't seem to think so, though.


Totally agree with this.

I've asked many guys out, and the relationships have always crashed and burned horribly. This is apparently because the kinds of guys I ask out then expect me to do EVERYTHING in the relationship and tend to take me for granted and treat me kind of lukewarm. I've always wondered if this is because I have a specific type that is bad for me that I go after, or if it's because being asked out by girls is novel to guys, so they figured "what the heck, since a cute girl asked, I guess I'll go out with her, even though I'm not particularly into her... it'd be interesting to see what happens!"

Either way, the unusually spectacular ouch-rate of such experiences has lead me to significantly dial back my pursuit of dudes, partially because, as Monkeytoes says, I don't HAVE to. I can totally get away with waiting for the dudes to come after me.

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:38 pm 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:11 am
Posts: 302
Location: Ch-ch-ch-ch-Chico, CA
DarthCupcake wrote:
I've asked many guys out, and the relationships have always crashed and burned horribly. This is apparently because the kinds of guys I ask out then expect me to do EVERYTHING in the relationship and tend to take me for granted and treat me kind of lukewarm. I've always wondered if this is because I have a specific type that is bad for me that I go after, or if it's because being asked out by girls is novel to guys, so they figured "what the heck, since a cute girl asked, I guess I'll go out with her, even though I'm not particularly into her... it'd be interesting to see what happens!"

This is my situation as well, except I didn't realize it until I read your post. I just mentally went through the last few guys I've dated (in fact, I asked one out yesterday; waiting for him to call back) and realized that you and I have the exact same problem. Frustrating, to say the least.

_________________
Sentients Radio - Find Sentients in iTunes, too!
I like cats and elephants.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:21 pm 
Online
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12112
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
If I ever go out, I'd have to ask because nobody has ever asked me.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:04 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
kilgore trout wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
I've never known any women to not ask a guy out because it isn't something women do or should do. It's always an angsty shyness thing.

Well, except for these weird courtship only girls who didn't believe in any dating except when their dad would tell them to get married. Let's not count them.

Yeah that's what I was saying--I don't think it's an issue of being a feminist or not, it's an issue of shyness, or something like that.


I know. But that shyness is socialized, right? I mean I'm terrified of asking women out, but I know if I want to find a partner I have to do it. Because a lot of women expect men to do the asking.

ETA: Didn't read Monkeytoes' post. She said what I was trying to say a million times better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:20 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:08 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Boston area
Moon wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:
She looks A LOT younger than I assume she is (given you have to be at least 18 to work until closing) and I'm way taller than her (I'm 6'3). I just wouldn't want people to see us together and think there was something shady going on.



If there's anything to worry about, this is NOT it. My husband is 6'4", I am 5'1". When we started dating I was eating and easily looked 16. Get over it!


Update: totally frustrated. Why am I attracted to women who are unavailable? It's sick. It's like that joke from Annie Hall: I'd never want to be part of a club that would take someone like me for a member.

So anyway, I talked again with the woman I spoke about in the quote above, who will hereby be referred to as "ginger" because she's even more of a ginger than me. She seems really, really cool. She's 19. I'm 25. Does that make me too old for her?? It doesn't even matter though, because she has a live-in boyfriend. Ugh. Last time we talked at all, she seemed nervous. But this time the tables were totally turned. My voice started getting all quivery. It was bad. Some people might think this being uncomfortable shows we wouldn't be compatible, but I'm like that with everyone I'm attracted to. I'm just dysfunctional, I guess. But again, none of this matters, because she has a live-in boyfriend. Also, I'm not sure if she even knows my name. She called me Buddy Holly today because of my glasses, lol.

In other "frustrated with being attracted to unavailable people news" a beautiful coworker from another department, who I haven't gotten a chance to talk to that much, but seems nice, was made the head of my department, effective in January. Obviously I can't undermine her authority so she's off limits. To be honest though, she probably wouldn't be interested in me anyway. She has model-like looks and wouldn't be attracted to a mere mortal like me. Way out of my league.

Uggggghhhhhh.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3589 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 144  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alice1drland, ashariel and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer