| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 133  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:04 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I sort of have a crush on another guy, we're like soul mates but the physical attraction really isn't there. I was pretty up front about it but still don't know what the hell to do. I can't decide if I should give it time or if that would just be leading him on. gah.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:06 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Ugh, I totally have one right now. I was trying to find out if he ate meat or not, and I wasn't sure whether I should hope that he did (because I figured I would not be into him anymore if he did) or that he didn't (because...eating meat, bad!) Well, he does. And I still have a crush on him. So now I have a big stupid crush that I'm sure isn't going to go anywhere and it's not going away even though now I know that he eats meat. Arrrrggghhhh.

But he's so pretty! :-P

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:32 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

choirqueer wrote:
Ugh, I totally have one right now. I was trying to find out if he ate meat or not, and I wasn't sure whether I should hope that he did (because I figured I would not be into him anymore if he did) or that he didn't (because...eating meat, bad!) Well, he does. And I still have a crush on him. So now I have a big stupid crush that I'm sure isn't going to go anywhere and it's not going away even though now I know that he eats meat. Arrrrggghhhh.

But he's so pretty! :-P

I totally understand that!

Well, looks like I'm still not over my crush, but I'm pretty sure it's a friend crush. He said he was thinking about vegetarianism for environmental reasons and I soooo want to give him a push in that direction (even though it would make him more attractive to me). Any tips? I mean the world definitely needs more vegetarians (that we can turn into vegans), right?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:48 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

oh god guys, this is bad. I'm facebook stalking him.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:52 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

booberthefraggle wrote:

Facebook is so creepy! I'm afraid of it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:53 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

fruitbat wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

that's one reason I'm not on Facebook, I know I would probably stalk exes and people I have crushes on.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:15 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i had 2 dates with a guy, one coffee date, one "come to my place and watch a movie, btw you're welcome to stay" date. so i did. and it was awesome. and he is totally not my type, but he is charming as hell.
so naturally we've decided to start an affair. no strings attached, just awesomeness.
definitely crushing a little.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:12 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

paprikapapaya wrote:
I am married, but I had a dream about an ex-boyfriend who it never really started or ended with, he moved away for art school, and in the meantime I met Trevor...and I've been with Trevor ever since, so it's kind of a weird thing for me when I actually see this guy in real life.
Anyway, I had a dream about him, we were kissing and I woke up with those crush pangs in my gut. Stupid realistic dreams!

i have one of these, only he's the married one. we went to high school together, but we didn't really become close until right around the time he graduated (a year before me). we stayed friends all through college, but we were in different states, and when he moved away for grad school (with the girl he eventually married) i cut ties for my own health. we didn't talk at all for four years, and then he wrote and told me something he'd overheard had reminded him of me and he missed me, and also he had gotten married. great. thanks. we've been intermittently in touch ever since then. i keep trying to quietly lose contact and get on with things, but he always tracks me down after six months and says something perfect and makes me love him again. mustard.

when i have dreams about him, we aren't kissing. he usually gets hit by a car, actually, which i don't totally understand. fear of really losing him, maybe. whatever it is, it's not good. i've been thinking about him a lot lately because his birthday just came and went, and usually i send him something small and silly, but this year i ignored it. i'm torn between feeling rotten, since it isn't his fault that i have residual whatever and it's not fair to punish him for it, and wanting to see it through and really close the door this time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:43 pm 
Dildo Queen

you guys i totally am in love with the guy from the artstore I LOVE HIM he is all around amazing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:59 pm 
Nailed to the V

Uh so, this isn't about a crush I have but a crush someone has on me. My bf's best friend. AWKWARD. I didn't notice it, but last night it basically smacked me upside the head when he started drunk texting me that he was emotionally devoid of feeling during sex. Also that he's glad that my bf is with a "good girl" and some <3's. The really awkward thing? He was texting me this stuff while my boyfriend was passed out drunk in the back seat of his car. I guess during the evening he also told all of their mutual friends that he thinks I am just swell.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:08 pm 
Dildo Queen

Una wrote:
Uh so, this isn't about a crush I have but a crush someone has on me. My bf's best friend. AWKWARD. I didn't notice it, but last night it basically smacked me upside the head when he started drunk texting me that he was emotionally devoid of feeling during sex. Also that he's glad that my bf is with a "good girl" and some <3's. The really awkward thing? He was texting me this stuff while my boyfriend was passed out drunk in the back seat of his car. I guess during the evening he also told all of their mutual friends that he thinks I am just swell.

oh boy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:33 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

i have a crush on a boy. he's vegan. and lives in my town. i used to write for his zine in 2001. he doesn't remember me. but gave me his telephone number via facebook. i texted him for drinks but he never texted back, this is about 2 weeks ago. i am thinking i'll give him a call in a few days.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:36 pm 
Dildo Queen

fupapack wrote:
i have a crush on a boy. he's vegan. and lives in my town. i used to write for his zine in 2001. he doesn't remember me. but gave me his telephone number via facebook. i texted him for drinks but he never texted back, this is about 2 weeks ago. i am thinking i'll give him a call in a few days.

yes do it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:55 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

/sigh

I've got a crush on my coworker. :( He's about four years older than me. We get along really well, and always laugh and have a good time when we work together. We have the same schedule, so it's rare that we *don't* work together. Always on weekend nights. Anywho! I work in a bakery, and when we're closing we go on "Coffe Cake Dates" XD. Halfway through close, we'll sit together and each have a slice of the coffee cake and talk for about thirty minutes before we get back to work. He's so funny! And I actually can make him laugh. :D And then after work lately we've been talking instead of just leaving. And he even invited me to see two movies! But one was with his friend, the other time it was just me and him.

Blagh. I don't consider those dates. Should I? I guess we've been kind of flirting. I just don't know. D: I feel so naive and out of the loop. I've only had one relationship, that crashed and burned, and have never been on a proper date. Ever. My ex and I just "hung out". But yeah. I don't know what to do. I really like this guy, but I have no idea if he *really* likes me too.

*Noms some coffee cake* ;-;

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:02 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Quarantined wrote:
fruitbat wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

that's one reason I'm not on Facebook, I know I would probably stalk exes and people I have crushes on.

its not THAT creepy, I mean... we're already friends on facebook and I was just looking at his profile to see whether or not he was single.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:04 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Mine decided to skip out on hanging out with me (and some other folks) tonight and go see Harry Potter instead.

I feel like if he had told me he couldn't hang out because he was reading Harry Potter, I would have been a lot less eyerolly. Is that weird?

Oh well, we had fun without him. I think I'm done having a crush on him. He eats meat and he picked HP over me.

I think I have a crush on someone else too, but I have noooooooo idea what her sexual orientation is or whether it includes me.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:18 am 
Dildo Queen

Arukai wrote:
Blagh. I don't consider those dates. Should I? I guess we've been kind of flirting. I just don't know. D: I feel so naive and out of the loop. I've only had one relationship, that crashed and burned, and have never been on a proper date. Ever. My ex and I just "hung out". But yeah. I don't know what to do. I really like this guy, but I have no idea if he *really* likes me too.

hi are you me?

Arukai wrote:
*Noms some coffee cake* ;-;

okay seriously
they are DATES. you can say you're just hanging out, but you know that shiitake is a date. that's so cute and romantic, you're like BFFs. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:56 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Facebook exists purely for stalking people.

I am so frustrateddd. I don't even want to like this guy, but he's just so damn lovely about everything. I was so uber stressed today that my hands were shaking from all this dumb crepe I had to put up with from everyone and he was like "Oh I bought you some noodles to make you feel better."

Damn these unexpectedly nice people. Damn them all to hell.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:49 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

semiautomatic wrote:
hi are you me?

Hai. I'm not sure that I'm you, but you may be me. Or wait. Omg. D:
...Maybe.

semiautomatic wrote:
okay seriously
they are DATES. you can say you're just hanging out, but you know that shiitake is a date. that's so cute and romantic, you're like BFFs. :D

D'awww. They really sound like dates, don't they? But I still dunno! Cause we have had these little "Coffee Cake Dates" before things started kind of changing. And at the movies it's not like there was anything...different? On one level it just felt like hanging out haha. On another it was like, "HOMAHGAWD. He asked me to go see a movie with him!111!!". If that makes any sense. xD

I just wish things were more black and white! Like..if he likes me, I wish he'd say something. But I think if he did, I'd be pretty shocked and really flustered. There is also my fear that if anything does progress, I'd hate for it all to end and then our awesome working relationship/friendship would be ruined. And then it'd be awkward at work. Noes!

Mmphadsljdfoiuwerouilkajsdfgaaahh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:07 am 
Chip Strong

Hey! I have a crush too. I just found out that he works right across the street from where I work, which is why I've seen him in the store so many times. He told me he liked my haircut. He NOTICED that I got my hair cut, hah. And he said I should stop by his store sometime to get coffee. Totally into me, right? RIGHT?!?!?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:03 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Una wrote:

i'm pretty sure my ex's best friend had a crush on me. there was a little innocent flirting, then a drunken few hours we spent talking in his room, where he basically told me that he thought i was cute and awesome and interesting and how i could not see that? we also wrote a bit on my boyfriend's chat programme for this game they play, mostly him writing by boyfriends name +? and then me replying "it's 2pm, he's not home!" and then a bit of sending silly links etc.
oh, and once he told my boyfriend drunkenly that he was a bit jealous.

it went away after 6 months or so, just ignore it. don't fall into the smoothie trap - don't flirt back!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:28 am 
Nailed to the V

smoothie wrote:
Una wrote:

i'm pretty sure my ex's best friend had a crush on me. there was a little innocent flirting, then a drunken few hours we spent talking in his room, where he basically told me that he thought i was cute and awesome and interesting and how i could not see that? we also wrote a bit on my boyfriend's chat programme for this game they play, mostly him writing by boyfriends name +? and then me replying "it's 2pm, he's not home!" and then a bit of sending silly links etc.
oh, and once he told my boyfriend drunkenly that he was a bit jealous.

it went away after 6 months or so, just ignore it. don't fall into the smoothie trap - don't flirt back!

If I am right, this crush has been going strong for over a year. The friend has been telling my bf for some time that he was jealous of our relationship, I had just assumed that he was jealous that he didn't have anyone of his own; but now he has a girlfriend.

I will not flirt back! I'll be like a nun when he comes around.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:31 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Rubella wrote:
Hey! I have a crush too. I just found out that he works right across the street from where I work, which is why I've seen him in the store so many times. He told me he liked my haircut. He NOTICED that I got my hair cut, hah. And he said I should stop by his store sometime to get coffee. Totally into me, right? RIGHT?!?!?

Right.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:36 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

smoothie wrote:
Una wrote:

Yeah, I've had tons of crushes on people in relationships it was definitely not a threat to the real relationship, it was just me having fun making this unattainable person my soulmate in my own head. In fact, if they had ever done anything like left their partner or done anything more than flirting with me, my crush would've gone away now that they were attainable. Not that you should do either of those things, just let the crush run its course.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:06 pm 
Nailed to the V

Coffee cake dates- so cute!

I hung out with my crush all evening yesterday. I volunteered at the place he works yesterday afternoon, and then went out for a drink with him and his cooworker afterward, then we biked back to our neighborhood together and he invited me to come see his awesome garden. Then we watched silly videos together. Then he asked if I wanted to watch a real movie, but I thought I should come home and walk the dog instead(sadface). What a nice evening though. Also he lent me a book that I am very excited to read.

Reply to topic  [ 3317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 133  Next