| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 410, 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416 ... 643  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:47 am 
WRETCHED

ijustdiedinside wrote:
the worst part of my day was waking up this morning after a dream in which i adopted a baby black kitten that had been injured after Sandy

Aww. My worst thing is quasi similar. I was in the midst of a very emotionally draining dream and then my beagle woke me up in the beagle way (howl). So I feel shaken due to my dream and hate to start the day feeling drained already.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:49 am 
Saggy Butt

joshua wrote:
walrus wrote:
joshua wrote:
what do you do? what kind of jobs are you after?

I know there's probably going to be some grumbling about this, but ... I'd only move if it were for an animal job. Not necessarily working with animals, but working for them as well. There's no point in moving for an office job, because I can probably hold out for one of those in Chico. I have admin, banking, and animal experience.

what *kind* of work/experience? receptionist? janitor? (admin is clear enough - safe to assume that kind of work for each of the others?)

I (and I'm sure others!) know people that know people that know people that work with animals in various capacities that can keep an eye out/put a good word in..

Admin ... working in the office. Well, running the office, independently.
Banking ... some teller experience, but tons of experience in the 'behind the scenes' stuff; ACH, processing checks and ATM cards, etc.
Working with animals ... farm animal shelter, dog and cat shelter, trap neuter return, League of Humane Voters (political stuff), things like that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:38 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm so vulnerable when people are angry at me for no reason or when things aren't my fault.

At work yesterday, someone decided that I was responsible for a serious mistake that I had no influence on and couldn't solve because I didn't have the authority and just started giving me shiitake and threatening me. And just now someone at the launderette accused me of 'hogging the dryer' and started yelling at me. (Because, according to her, she had more right to dry her clothes than I do, so I was 'hogging' a dryer, rather than just being another person using a dryer to dry clothes ?)

Now I feel all upset and hurt, and the people who hurt me just don't care. Boo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Spilled just boiled water down my shirt and my lip (I know, weird). Now my lip is burned. booo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:14 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

lillianp wrote:
Spilled just boiled water down my shirt and my lip (I know, weird). Now my lip is burned. booo.

did you do this testing to see if shaped pasta (like a shell/penne) is done? Of so, I do this all the dammed time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:14 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

my bestie is moving away tomorrow. i'm trying to use it as motivation to get my shiitake together because what else am i going to be doing? but right now, i'm just really sad and thinking, who am i going to watch hours of terrible movies on netflix and go on late-night runs to taco bell with nooooow?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:31 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

This is tiny but I am the last to leave at work on a huge property and I have to walk in the rain and cold (I did not dress properly) to lock everything up, and it is pitch black here so I am just putting it off.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:16 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I burnt my hand really bad while cooking dinner. Ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:25 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I was really excited to have a burger for dinner tonight and thought I'd try those new(ish) thin burger buns...it was AWFUL! Took all the burger joy out of my burger night.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:11 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Today I nearly had a heart attack because I thought my final exam was being held in another room I didn't know about, but then I realized that it's actually on Wednesday. Ugh!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:15 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Just burst out crying to my mom because of how rude a professor was to me in an email. I'm so done with this professor's lack of professionalism. One more day... just one more motherforking day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Turning 40 on the 5th utterly cloudy dreary grey day in a row, and going to work, (where I only got 1 card and didn't even have anyone to go to lunch with) after not having a party or doing anything other than go out to dinner this weekend.

I mean I can't really complain, my life is pretty great, but I used to have amazing house parties and dance all night. This is so boring in comparison, especially for such a milestone.

I feel OLD and it is frikkin depressing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:35 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My boyfriend just criticized by clothing choice for the night tonight and I cried for an hour. It is not because of his criticism, and honestly he was mostly trying to help, but whew did I ever need that cry.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:47 pm 

My face is really itchy- I think there's something in the veggie burgers at school that I'm allergic to :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:49 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I burned my hand on the oven. And it hurt, and it's still hurting. (Said in the Charlie bit me voice.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 pm 

Found out my kitten has ringworm. HOORAYYY HOORAY, definitely expecting all my hair to fall out momentarily! Very excited about it! Merry Christmas!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:24 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I have two! Today sucked!

1. Dude broke down SOBBING in my office because of a bad situation going on at work. I have nothing to do with this, but he just needed someone to vent to. Greeeeat. Happy to listen but I am horrible at knowing what to do when people start to cry. Especially like that.

2. Encountered a dead deer in the middle of the road on my way home. Obviously just hit a few minutes earlier. So sad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:20 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

ashley wrote:
I have two! Today sucked!

1. Dude broke down SOBBING in my office because of a bad situation going on at work. I have nothing to do with this, but he just needed someone to vent to. Greeeeat. Happy to listen but I am horrible at knowing what to do when people start to cry. Especially like that.

2. Encountered a dead deer in the middle of the road on my way home. Obviously just hit a few minutes earlier. So sad.

Approximately 60% of my job is providing emotional support to people who are in incredibly heartbreaking situations. I spend many, many hours a week with clients in tears or worse. Here is what I know: just be present. Don't run away from their emotions. Listen actively. Provide words of empathy and compassion when it seems appropriate. That's all. Really, just being there without judgment is what most people need.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:53 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Thanks, j-dub. That's what I tried to do. I just basically sat there with him for a few minutes, let him tell me as much as he wanted, and told him I was always there if he needed anything. I felt like I should have something more helpful to say, but in reality there is nothing I can do to change things, and we both know that. That in itself is frustrating.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:26 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Aubade wrote:
Turning 40 on the 5th utterly cloudy dreary grey day in a row, and going to work, (where I only got 1 card and didn't even have anyone to go to lunch with) after not having a party or doing anything other than go out to dinner this weekend.

I mean I can't really complain, my life is pretty great, but I used to have amazing house parties and dance all night. This is so boring in comparison, especially for such a milestone.

I feel OLD and it is frikkin depressing.

Happy birthday!!!!!
I am right behind you by only a year, spring chicken, and I didn't get my party either. My birthday was in September, but I was too busy to do anything, so I said I'd move it to December 2. Which has come and gone. No party.
Instead, i'll take an internet hi-5 from you. We made it another year, kid!! congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I have fun plans (and tickets!) to go to a gig in London with one of my BFFs tonight & I'm too sick to go. Suuucks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:53 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Woke up and stepped right in cat puke. Barefoot. Got on my slacks too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:54 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

j-dub wrote:
I was really excited to have a burger for dinner tonight and thought I'd try those new(ish) thin burger buns...it was AWFUL! Took all the burger joy out of my burger night.

I love burger thins! The Ozery brand anyway. For me I get to enjoy more of the stuff between bread and not so much...bread.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:56 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

My step-grandmother may have inoperable lung cancer. My family is really bad at communication, and I'm not exactly sure who dolled out this diagnosis, but it has me really worried. I'm trying not to get too upset until I've learned more.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:34 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm sorry, Nebraskalaska; good luck getting better information.

So a project I work on, which I believe is very important to my community, and which has been one of the biggest pieces of my life in the past few years closes this week (for a variety of depressing reasons.) Today, I'm staffing the last night of a portion of this project that has been nearest & dearest to me. I am heartbroken. And no one is here. So basically, I am sitting in a drafty warehouse, alone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 410, 411, 412, 413, 414, 415, 416 ... 643  Next