| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Protein Powder
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:37 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I am going to be moving to Belfast in a few months, and I am hoping to find a suitable replacement for the protein powder I use in my smoothie every morning: http://plantfusion.net/vanilla.html

Anyone in the U.K. know of a vegan, gluten-free, soy-free protein powder to be found there? Shipping my current brand will cost more than the powder itself! Eek!

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Protein Powder
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:16 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

You can get these ones in most health shops http://www.pulsin.co.uk/protein-powders.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

http://www.myprotein.com is probably the cheapest and has the widest selection. There's a vegan blend, as well as separate rice, pea, hemp and soy proteins. If you use my referral code, you get 5% off your first order, I think: MP135271. They also price-match competitors and then discount it if you use the price match function. You can get some fairly good deals by playing myprotein, ironscience and Bulk Powders against each other using myprotein's price matcher. They used to have a sort of exploit that allowed you to stack discount codes, but sadly for me (and sensibly for them), they closed that little loophole (they once gave me a flat 20% discount code, which I used on top of price-beating discounts, and ended up getting about over third off of my entire order, which included 8kg of nut butters).

http://www.ironscience.co.uk/ has cheaper pea protein if you buy in bulk, though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:59 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Thank you both! I can now rest easy! :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:27 am 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I am reviving old threads all over the show this week!

Gulliver, have you tried the vegan blend? I am looking for something to take twice a day (after workout and just another because my protein intake is pretty low) just mixed with water. Does it taste ok?

I did see that H&B have a soya protein isolate but there seems to be a lot of stuff online about how terrible soya isolate is, which I don't necessarily believe, but I don't know enough to say it is wrong!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:41 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Sun Warrior is pretty widely available these days on this side of the pond and has a good range of proteins and supplements.
(thegoodhealthcompany website also has free shipping for orders over €25 for down south, so I presume it's about the same from their UK site for N.I.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:02 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Sarah-Jane wrote:
Gulliver, have you tried the vegan blend? I am looking for something to take twice a day (after workout and just another because my protein intake is pretty low) just mixed with water. Does it taste ok?
I haven't tried it because I bulk-bought once when I had a voucher and then more or less tailed off my training. It's quite expensive!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:37 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Here is a new vegan protein powder in the UK:

http://sativashakes.com/

Vegan hemp and plant powders, which imho taste delicious. My favourite flavours are chocolate and caramel, and strawberry and banana. The company has fast delivery and give out free shaker bottles with your order.

Not bad price, either.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:18 pm 
Impressive boner

Anyone tried Ignite Ultra-V? I'm considering getting some next week as the protein content seems pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:09 am 
Huffs Nooch

Never tried Ultra-V but those I know who have say it's great taste-wise. Protein content is actually quite low for a 'protein powder' but this is partly because of all the extra bits & bobs it contains.

Whilst I'd love to support the all-vegan company behind this product, personally I can't justify the expense - way way cheaper to buy your own unflavoured protein, creatine, dextrose & flavouring etc from online sites like Myprotein & Ironscience.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]