| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 141  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:26 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Invictus wrote:
Ermehgerd. Crush has given many signals he'd like to sleep with me. This is a bad idea. But man, I want to. I don't need more than that, I just want to play! What to do, what to do....

fork like your life depended on it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:59 pm 
Dead by dawn

Her relationship is a whole other story, but I don't think the 19 and 25 age difference would be an issue all by itself. I mean, depending on the individuals involved it might be, but that's the thing about age differences. Age is just a number but maturity differences and/or just being in different places in your lives can be an issue. But you only know that by dating someone. One of my friends is married to a man 12 years younger than her and they're great together (they were 37 and 49 when they met.) I dated a man 11 years younger than me and it was an unmitigated disaster (for me, anyway... he learned how to be a fully functioning adult from me.) I think you just have to decide where your comfort level is, get to know people and then decide if you're compatible based on real things like what you value and how you see your place in the world. Age, all by itself, isn't one of those real things.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:00 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Jonny, for the record, I'm 19 and work crush is 30. Most of the guys I crush on are mid twenties to thirties. So I don't think it's weird!

And I got work crush's number- for the second time. I had to ask his little brother who was thankfully on facebook today. Now I can tell him when we're going to the movies...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:57 pm 
Saggy Butt

I have a crush, but he's a bartender and this town is too small. We could never be! Plus, I threw myself at him once and he didn't pay attention. Or ignored it. Either way, it didn't work out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:01 am 
Saggy Butt

Also, I asked another crush out this morning and he never responded. peas.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:13 am 

I sent my crush a text about when the movie started and he called back because he doesn't know how to text on his phone. That's what he told me, anyhow. We talked for 5 minutes straight and he sounded so cute and he was like, "I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!". I almost squealed but you'll all be happy to know I waited until the call ended.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:16 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

GymClassZero wrote:
I sent my crush a text about when the movie started and he called back because he doesn't know how to text on his phone. That's what he told me, anyhow.

WUT I don't get this. But it worked out cute in your favor so yay!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:58 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

JonnyWoop wrote:
Why am I attracted to women who are unavailable?

Probably because most of them are. :( I find the same thing with guys, but it's not that you (or I, hopefully) have 'bad' taste, or poor timing, it's just that a lot of people are in relationships a lot of the time. Not to mention that people who are in relationships don't give off that desperation vibe that generally makes others run screaming in the other direction. :)

JonnyWoop wrote:
Some people might think this being uncomfortable shows we wouldn't be compatible, but I'm like that with everyone I'm attracted to. I'm just dysfunctional, I guess.

Nope. You're too hard on yourself. Sure, there are lots of suave types out there. But there are plenty of mortals out there who just become insane, second guessing types as soon as they are attracted to someone. This appears to be life. I would think I'd be over that by now (1 marriage and 1 long term relationship later), but, no. I just sort of try to hide it better.

JonnyWoop wrote:
To be honest though, she probably wouldn't be interested in me anyway. She has model-like looks and wouldn't be attracted to a mere mortal like me. Way out of my league.

Women (in my experience), aren't as crazy hung up on looks as men appear to be (based on observation, working with a whole lot of guys who want to settle down with a super model). For women, it's personality first. Of course looks are the basis of initial attraction, but personality counts for a whole lot more as long as you can get their attention long enough to get on their radar.

The boss thing, on the other hand, is not something I'd recommend trying to work around. Not if you enjoy and/or need your job.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:54 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Thanks for the empathetic words, triskellgirl!

Do you mind if I ask where you're from upstate? I only ask because that's where I'm from originally. The Olympic region. If you don't feel comfortable answering on a public forum, don't worry about it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:42 pm 

The date was awesome! He wants to do it again! I am beside myself with happiness right now. My first date ever!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:45 pm 

Hell yeah, GCZ! So glad your bravery was rewarded.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:47 pm 

GymClassZero wrote:
The date was awesome! He wants to do it again! I am beside myself with happiness right now. My first date ever!

Not that it matters, but did you see anything good? Or were you too busy making out to watch? :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:50 pm 
Dead by dawn

GymClassZero wrote:

Go you!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:52 pm 

JonnyWoop wrote:
GymClassZero wrote:

Not that it matters, but did you see anything good? Or were you too busy making out to watch? :P

Haha, I wish! We went to see "Killing Them Softly". I really liked it and love the cast. <3 Ray Liotta.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:54 pm 

GymClassZero wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:
GymClassZero wrote:

Haha, I wish! We went to see "Killing Them Softly". I really liked it and love the cast. <3 Ray Liotta.

Hmmm, I haven't even heard of it. I'll have to investigate. I like Liotta from Goodfellas and Vice City.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:04 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Best ever!

I'm so glad your bravery was richly rewarded.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:19 pm 

Me too! I can't believe I almost talked myself out of it. It makes ever having stepped foot into that awful deli worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i have the biggest crush on this boy, who i met at a napalm death show. then i saw him at a cross race. and then the next one! and the next one. we've been super flirting with each other but i think he's turned off because at the race today i went with my ex bf whose trying to be my bf. i could tell that the crushee likes me back because of how he interacted with the bf but he hasn't asked me for my number or anything...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:32 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

fupapack wrote:
i have the biggest crush on this boy, who i met at a napalm death show. then i saw him at a cross race. and then the next one! and the next one. we've been super flirting with each other but i think he's turned off because at the race today i went with my ex bf whose trying to be my bf. i could tell that the crushee likes me back because of how he interacted with the bf but he hasn't asked me for my number or anything...

So, what are you waiting for?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:56 am 
Saggy Butt

GymClassZero wrote:

I saw it and didn't really like it. What was up with James Gandolfini's character? So pointless!

But I digress. I am so excited that everything is working out!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:05 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

lavawitch wrote:
fupapack wrote:

So, what are you waiting for?

+1!

Update: I kind of thought crush* was losing interest, but I think he's just not much of a texter. He came out to a show with me the other night and there was much hand-holding and cute stuff.

*He needs a nickname, I think. Really-cute-nerdy-guy-from-the-internet is a bit clunky.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 pm 

My work crush, Ginger, who has a boyfriend, told me she doesn't work tomorrow. I kind of feel like: what's the point in going in now? Aside from getting a paycheck and having a roof over my head and minor stuff like that. :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:40 pm 

walrus wrote:
GymClassZero wrote:

I saw it and didn't really like it. What was up with James Gandolfini's character? So pointless!

But I digress. I am so excited that everything is working out!

I'm biased since I have an odd love for gangster movies (played too much GTA as a child) so I didn't really feel his character was that bad. But I totally see what you mean! Maybe it was for the lols?

I want another date. But I want to go somewhere we can talk more. Also, I want crush to ask this time, and I think he might very soon. I have never crushed this hard.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:42 pm 

GymClassZero wrote:
I have never crushed this hard.

You're so lucky. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:20 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

JonnyWoop wrote:
Thanks for the empathetic words, triskellgirl!

Do you mind if I ask where you're from upstate? I only ask because that's where I'm from originally. The Olympic region. If you don't feel comfortable answering on a public forum, don't worry about it!

Not remotely (a million years later). I'm from the capital region. And you're welcome - no doubt I'll be needing some of those myself, eventually.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 141  Next