| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378 ... 607  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:33 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

strawberryrock wrote:
They were spaced out and small and I ate a lot of potatoes.

I have sad, sad alcohol tolerance.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:33 pm 
Impressive boner

I love punk, I love the community that goes with it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:34 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

ijustdiedinside wrote:
we can all always talk about food! that's unlikely to be controversial unless you love Daiya or pronounce it DAY-UH.

crepe, I totally call it DAY-UH. How is it properly pronounced? I don't know any other vegans IRL so I've never heard it said out loud.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:48 am 
Grandfathered In

She's just being all contro. (Which is what all the cool kids say. I know because I was on the bus and I overheard them.) It is properly pronounced day-uh.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:33 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

FootFace wrote:
She's just being all contro. (Which is what all the cool kids say. I know because I was on the bus and I overheard them.) It is properly pronounced day-uh.

I thought it was pronounced "blech." That's what I heard, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:53 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

ijustdiedinside wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:
I'm really, really sorry if I creeped anyone out. People of both sexes have hit on me in the photo thread and I just thought it was part of the jocular atmosphere here. Seriously though, I'm super sorry if I made strawberryrock or anyone else uncomfortable. I won't do it again.

I don't really want to drag this out in this thread, but I think the key is, to judge each situation individually and also remember that this is a community of people who talk to each other everyday and who know each other online and/or in person to varying degrees. So, if you see someone hitting on someone else, that might be because they know each other in person or have developed a rapport that includes those kinds of comments. If you don't feel like you know the person or situation that well, maybe don't make a comment that might make someone uncomfortable. I don't know exactly how to explain this...and i don't want it to feel like an exclusive club, but if you're new here, maybe just be a little cautious until you feel like you know the situation pretty well.

I hope that makes sense. And when in doubt, we can all always talk about food! that's unlikely to be controversial unless you love Daiya or pronounce it DAY-UH.

Try thinking of the PPK as a social gathering, because really, it pretty much is. If you're a new person arriving at a gathering, and you don't know the other people there, I'd imagine you're generally more cautious than you would be when you're at a gathering of folks you've known for a while. Try to treat the PPK as a group of real people having a conversation, rather than disembodied internet bits, because really, that's what we are. We're not trying to be the thought police or some exclusive club, but we are trying (and have actually succeeded) in building a community. Part of that is encouraging people to relate to each other as they would in real life, which is also why we have rules against creating new accounts, changing usernames, etc. Again, not to be fascists, but to encourage people to interact like humans.

I think we've all had the uncomfortable experience of having a person we don't know very well act more familiar with us/our social group than is appropriate. It's not super awesome, and the same thing can happen here. It's not that no one wants to get to know you; it's that we don't know you YET. Chill out, and everything will be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:18 am 
Bathes in Braggs

My house smells like Nova Scotia balsam fir. Also Vitasoy mint chocolate milk was 99 cents at superstore. I am going for a run now and will have that for my "recovery drink".

Strawberryrock, at first I didn't see your cat's face in the picture and thought that was a guinea pig you were cuddling. Giant guinea pig.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 am 
Seagull of the PPK

PPK dream.

I was in a farm sanctuary, but suddenly it wasn't a farm sanctuary, it was a model of a farm sanctuary, like dollhouse size, and everyone was working with the little animal dolls! And who do I see but Esme, painting teeny tiny little porcelain miniatures of overly cute farmyard things like bales of hay, cat baskets, wooden buckets. I was so thrilled and going to buy some, i felt like i really NEEDED them, it became immediately clear that i was in the US for like 48 hours and had no idea how i was going to get around or get to the airport, but i was so thrilled to see people i knew that i didn't really care. So Esme is painting this elaborate clawfooted tub [for washing goats] and i was all "I MUST HAVE THIS" and she looked at me sadly and said that all the pieces were reserved for MGorhon. But there were thousands!!! I begged her to sell me just a few and as she said yes i realized i had no money and i had no idea how much they even cost.
Then I was suddenly in someone's backyard, which was also their closet-- the yard was definitely Kittee's old backyard, with the plates and the chickens and the dolls, but i think it was coldandsleepy, not kittee. Her entire wardrobe was hung out there, and she was trying to give me clothes that were so amazingly complicated and super-decorated- an entire rainforest painted on a skirt, a huge desert scenes with Hopi people and sheep and sunsets and canyons on a jacket, super bright colored and amazing. I felt so bad taking such amazing things but I desperately had to meet my coworkers at disney and had nothing to wear!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:44 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Edit: wrong thread! My face being eaten in my dreams is not my best thing. I'll be back with a real thing later.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 am 
Impressive boner

Arisaig wrote:
Giant guinea pig.

This would be the best thing ever!

Today I saw deer piddling.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:42 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

torque wrote:
this elaborate clawfooted tub [for washing goats]

I ALSO MUST HAVE THIS. but a real, full-sized one. with a goat in it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:19 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

"$1,000? Throw a goat in there and you got yourself a deal"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:24 pm 

It is cold today, and I spent the afternoon in a freezing garage, then running errands on my bike. Now I am baking lasagna, drinking hot chocolate & whiskey, and watching Christmas Vacation. The only thing that would make this better is if my partner had also been able to escape his family thing to any out, as he had threatened to do. But he'll be home soon; then it's time for cuddling for warmth! Best end of winter weekend possible!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:39 pm 

Going to the movies with work crush...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I have zero tolerance for Christmas movies, but I make an exception for Chevy Chase. I love the Vacation movies. Especially that damn moose.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:09 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Cleaning the apartment with T. We even scrubbed the baseboards. Okay, so it wasn't the Best Thing about my day, but it needed to be done. I guess the real best thing was watching Bob's Burgers while eating nacho kale chips T. made today.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:37 pm 
Chard Martyr

The sky at sunset is such a pretty blue with reddish/orange/pink tones.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:37 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

I finally finished the training to be a birth doula. I did it!! Now gimme all your babbiez & preggos, plz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:55 pm 
Chard Martyr

Congrats, giraffe!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:28 am 
Dead by dawn

Two and a half years ago, when I bought my house, I bought a beautiful big bookshelf with doors to use as a pantry but I cheaped out and didn't want to pay $300 for a custom stain job. I figured I'd do it myself except I forgot that I hate staining with the fire of 1,000 suns. So it languished in the garage forever while I kept my food in a little cheapo melamine cabinet from Target. Biker boy took it upon himself to take over my project so I could have my big pantry and he's put hours and hours into it. Today he finished!! I have to wait for it to dry, of course, so I don't have it upstairs yet. But it's finished and I have the best boyfriend!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:47 am 
Level 7 Vegan

thisheregiraffe wrote:
I finally finished the training to be a birth doula. I did it!! Now gimme all your babbiez & preggos, plz

Whoa, that's so awesome! Congratulations!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:51 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

That is so adorable and sweet, monkeyfeets! And we need pics!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

thisheregiraffe wrote:

Congratulations!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:43 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

monkeytoes wrote:
Two and a half years ago, when I bought my house, I bought a beautiful big bookshelf with doors to use as a pantry but I cheaped out and didn't want to pay $300 for a custom stain job. I figured I'd do it myself except I forgot that I hate staining with the fire of 1,000 suns. So it languished in the garage forever while I kept my food in a little cheapo melamine cabinet from Target. Biker boy took it upon himself to take over my project so I could have my big pantry and he's put hours and hours into it. Today he finished!! I have to wait for it to dry, of course, so I don't have it upstairs yet. But it's finished and I have the best boyfriend!

Aaaww, he's adorable!

I've taken a bit of a health crash and veggie photographer has insisted that I email him the shots I need to edit for a client and let him do it, so I can sort out the finances that need done asap and then get some rest. He came round last week and I had a migraine, so we lay on top of my bed listening to music with the lights dimmed while he massaged my feet. Best boyfriend I've ever had! <3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

wow, fezza and monkeytoes! you guys really scored awesome boyfriends! nice!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378 ... 607  Next