| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:26 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

triskellgirl wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:
Thanks for the empathetic words, triskellgirl!

Do you mind if I ask where you're from upstate? I only ask because that's where I'm from originally. The Olympic region. If you don't feel comfortable answering on a public forum, don't worry about it!

Not remotely (a million years later). I'm from the capital region. And you're welcome - no doubt I'll be needing some of those myself, eventually.

LOL, the Capital region isn't upstate. You have to be able to see the Canadian border to be upstate! :P

ETA: Were you involved at all with Adirondack Animal Rights? It was a group I was a part of a few years ago that was pretty active in the Capital region.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:27 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Boop beep. I thenk I rully lyke dis boy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:30 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

JonnyWoop wrote:
LOL, the Capital region isn't upstate. You have to be able to see the Canadian border to be upstate! :P

ETA: Were you involved at all with Adirondack Animal Rights? It was a group I was a part of a few years ago that was pretty active in the Capital region.

Ha! Don't judge my location! I only say 'upstate' because most out of staters think I'm in NYC unless otherwise indicated.

I am not/was not. I'm so crazy busy with work, I am sort of useless otherwise...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:31 pm 

triskellgirl wrote:
JonnyWoop wrote:

I am not/was not. I'm so crazy busy with work, I am sort of useless otherwise...

Oh I wasn't judging. Was just curious if I might have met you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 am 

I ran into my tattoo artist again today and I waz all "<3".

UNNGGGG DREAMY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:39 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mm mars, tattoo guys <333

also, I was sitting next to him this evening and he kept doing the whole (totally normal friend thing), turn attention away from group and focus on/talk with me thing and the whole time I was thinking "waitttt, I could totally just make out with him right now, right? nothing wrong with that! SHUT UP SHUT UP OH MY GOD WHY ARE PEOPLE SO CUTE"

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:43 am 
Saggy Butt

I just had a long Facebook conversation with this cute person with whom I have been engaged in mutual flirtation for months, about a crisis of gender and identity, and how they're afraid of losing their family's support, and their girlfriend, who is 'the one thing I've ever loved.'

Welp.

I think I'm going to go find the guy who convinced them to get back together a little while ago, despite his lingering crush on this person, so we can drown our sorrows in mutual 'why-do-we-want-car-crashes' whining.

I should just write teen movies about my social circle. I'd be a millionaire in no time flat. You know, if teen movies this colossally queer were likely to make any money.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:07 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

The upside to having a reciprocated crush is I feel I should dress nicer, and so I do, and then I feel better about myself, and thus more confident, and then I act more flirty and confident around my crush = PROFIT. The downside (maybe?) is now other people are noticing me, too. I got flirted with grocery shopping today. So, I guess, confidence is huge. My usual demeanor is kind of shrunken away, not wanting to initiate conversation, not super friendly to people I don't know because I'm usually terrified of what they'll think of me. Things change when you decide: fork that, I'm worthy of flirting and cute people and I will have that. It's like magic, the way it works.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ugh and can I also just...
(cut for continued nonsense teen girl gushing and mention of dead animal :( )
Spoiler: show
he got upset at someone for putting a picture of a dead deer in a presentation on my behalf. sighhh <33

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:43 am 

Omg so new bff who lives next door and I hung out all night and she wanted to share all our past loves/crushes with each other by internet stalking etc... anyhow..

talking about/looking at my crushes all night is making me feel.... <3<3 <3 but also ARGH! :( Also kind of :)

Mostly I talked about 4 guys in particular. Main Crush (baggage one) who've I've been talking about for the past while here, new promising crush (the one who asked me to the gallery show, forever here on dubbed as Astrology Crush), Coffee Shop Crush (who, oddly enough, I ran into with Astrology Crush while at the gallery show) and Crush I've Had For Forever (since 12) But Is Bad At Making Out But I Still Want To Make Out With Crush.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:52 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

So I work in the drop-in peer writing center in our school's library, and this week I have gotten immediate crushes on everyone I have tutored (a couple boys in particular). And obviously, it's way easier for me to be witty and charming when helping someone edit their paper than it is in real life. This is so bad...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:58 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I have a giant crush on this yoga teacher who only teaches vinyasa classes at my yoga studio and I'm scared to take vinyasa classes because I think I'll die. And then I saw her at Sweet Hereafter last night and all her friends looked super gay so I was like, is she gay?? So today I facebook stalked her and while the results are not conclusive, I am pretty sure she is gay (yay!) and also has a girlfriend (oh no!). Or just has a gay looking friend who is frequently in her profile pictures? Could happen...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:07 pm 

And goes on road trips with and goes to weddings with and posts picture where they're kind of holding each other...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:46 pm 
Saggy Butt

I Missed Connectioned this dude I saw at a restaurant. No response. I almost hate that I posted there.

ETA: I posted it a few days ago, not today.

Last edited by walrus on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:47 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Going to pick up my check tomorrow and maybe get something from the deli so I can see work crush. I actually look forward to working this Thursday, even though it's a terrible icky stupid place to work, because I get to close with him and flirt a little more. Mmm boys

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:26 pm 

strawberryrock wrote:
And goes on road trips with and goes to weddings with and posts picture where they're kind of holding each other...

Lol, I love the denial going on here. :)

walrus wrote:
I Missed Connectioned this dude I saw at a restaurant. No response. I almost hate that I posted there.

I don't mean this to be offensive in the slightest, but does that ever work? I'm really curious. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:42 pm 
Dead by dawn

If everyone reads missed connections as often as I do, say once a year, my calculations are that it works practically never. I like the idea though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 pm 

I know at least a few people who have met people through Missed Connections. None of then ended up dating, though.

I have posted three in my life and never received a response.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Occasionally I've done something and was like 'I'm totally getting missed connectioned for that!' but no dice.

-alice1drland

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

kilgore trout wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
fupapack wrote:
i have the biggest crush on this boy, who i met at a napalm death show. then i saw him at a cross race. and then the next one! and the next one. we've been super flirting with each other but i think he's turned off because at the race today i went with my ex bf whose trying to be my bf. i could tell that the crushee likes me back because of how he interacted with the bf but he hasn't asked me for my number or anything...

So, what are you waiting for?

+1!

Update: I kind of thought crush* was losing interest, but I think he's just not much of a texter. He came out to a show with me the other night and there was much hand-holding and cute stuff.

*He needs a nickname, I think. Really-cute-nerdy-guy-from-the-internet is a bit clunky.

this weekend! i'll see him this weekend. but also i am afraid he was going to ask for my number at the race this weekend then my ex was with me...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:59 pm 
Saggy Butt

JonnyWoop wrote:
I don't mean this to be offensive in the slightest, but does that ever work? I'm really curious. :)

It didn't work this time, obvs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:01 pm 
Saggy Butt

So I asked this guy out a couple days ago. I ran into him tonight (small town, god dammit) and he totally blew me off. He was, literally, all over the place. Totally drunk. I finally got him to stand next to me at the bar and I asked him, (because he wasn't engaging me in convo), "So ... you're a chef?" and he said yeah and walked away. fork that guy. Tonight was a bad night overall.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:28 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

JonnyWoop wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:

Lol, I love the denial going on here. :)

walrus wrote:

There's a former ppker who met her love via missed connections and I believe they recently had a baby.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:32 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

walrus wrote:
So I asked this guy out a couple days ago. I ran into him tonight (small town, god dammit) and he totally blew me off. He was, literally, all over the place. Totally drunk. I finally got him to stand next to me at the bar and I asked him, (because he wasn't engaging me in convo), "So ... you're a chef?" and he said yeah and walked away. fork that guy. Tonight was a bad night overall.

WHAAAAAAAAT. That is utter and complete bullshiitake. I'm sorry. Totally fork that guy.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 pm 

j-dub wrote:

There's a former ppker who met her love via missed connections and I believe they recently had a baby.

Whoa! That's incredible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 144  Next