| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good eatin' in Mississauga!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

Hey guys, I am asking on behalf of my husband. While I keep a staunchly vegan diet, he keeps falling off the wagon and decided "Dammit, I no longer want to fall off the wagon."

The catch? He travels A LOT for work and is having difficulty making proper vegan food choices and is too shy to ask at restaurants for a little help (he doesn't like to be seen as a problem diner though I tell him if you are polite and nice, usually kitchens have no problems accomodating you).

He will be in Mississauga for this coming week and has asked me to help find him options so he can eat healthy and more importantly VEGAN. I have referred him to Happy Cow but thought I would ask you guys if you have any good recs. He's staying at the Glen Erin Inn and I have no idea how its location relates to restaurants and groceries nearby.

Thanks for any info, guys. I mean it. I am determined to help him not be shy about being vegan when on the road.

Post subject: Re: Good eatin' in Mississauga!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:00 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

There's Zen Gardens in Mississauga - they have tons of vegan stuff, they're around Derry Rd and Hurontario. Not sure how close that is....but it is a really nice restaurant with tons of great choices!

Also, there's Raw Aura - a wonderful raw vegan restaurant in Port Credit. Delicious food there!

Post subject: Re: Good eatin' in Mississauga!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:56 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

He's in a great area! I'm going to assume he will have a car, because you can't really get anywhere in mississauga without one. There is a lot of ethnic food in the area. At Dundas/Winston Churchill, there is a sushi restaurant, and a Vietnamese place that have a lot of options.http://www.benthanh.ca/store.php?page=1 ... ississauga
Around Dundas & Hurontario there are lots of Indian/Asian places.
He is close to Port Credit where Raw Aura is located. There is also a nice health food store http://www.planetorganic.ca/ where he can get some take out.
Technically he is close to the Whole Foods Market in Oakville (QEW/Trafalgar rd). During the day, it shouldn't take him more than 20 minutes to get there, but at rush hour, forget it. That area gets backed up in a really bad way. He could get there by taking alternate routes.
Zen Gardens is awesome, but is a good 20 minute drive from his hotel. Up in that area is Guru Lakshmi, south indian, fantastic Dosas. You just have to ask the server about what's vegan and they will tell you.
Hope he has a good trip.