| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1182, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188 ... 1887  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:13 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Fee wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
Back of the radiator. The answer is always down the back of the radiator. If I've learnt anything from the PPK, this is it. Fee will back me up on this.

True story. I don't even have a radiator, but every thing I've ever lost has been behind it.

this is the only important lesson i've ever taught anybody.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

So, this is why I don't leave the house. It's just aggravation.

I went to credit union to pay my Harley loan (alllllllmost mine! All mine. 1/3 payment left), and to withdraw all my monies so I can go Christmas shopping and pay property taxes. I deposited the money into my regular bank.my small job and $300/month go to cu savings so I'm everything else is direct deposit at my regular bank, which used to be great. Anyway, forkers charged me $5 to deposit $460* because it wasn't a direct deposit. What kind of fuckery is that?

also, since the takeover, I have to pay $15/month because 10 months direct deposit isn't good enough for the forkwads. Way to screw teachers there! Nice one. None of the districts do summer checks any longer to save money.

Then. I went in Books A Million and decided to get a latte. I'm assured they have soy milk. I order and pay and put my $1.60 change in the tip jar. Girl doesn't find soy milk, so she looks in the back. 7 minutes later (I'm on a tight schedule, on way to work) she comes out and says they don't have any. So, now she calls a manager for a refund. This takes TWENTY minutes. Then manager wants me to fill out my name, phone, and address on a return form. I refuse, she gets annoyed, but finally does it and gives me the refund. This entire thing takes well over 30 minutes. Then I leave without the book Inwanted (they didn't have it), a latte, or my $1.60. And I don't have time to stop at SB because I'm close to being late for work. The worst part: neither of these people seemed tomgive a rats asparagus that I was thoroughly inconvenienced. A simple "sorry!" would have diffused 99.8% of my aggravation quite nicely. A coupon for another day would have taken care of the remaining .2%

I really wanted to take my money back out of the tip jar, but I'm not that mean or petty.

Gah!

*this sounds like a lot for Christmas shopping, but, sadly, most goes to personal property taxes and insurance. I can probably buy Molly a chew toy with the rest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:40 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Ugh LW, that sucks. I have a grudge against the BAM cafe nearest to me because the first time I went there I got a soy latte. I started drinking it on my way down the street and it was obviously real milk. I went back and asked the guy at the counter and he assured me it was soy. I'm totally spineless so I figured hey, "He's probably right, I'm being paranoid." I was not being paranoid. I could've gone back and asked him to make me another one, but again, spinelessness.
(Maybe this is a mostly unfounded grudge based on a single incident. Shh! Grudges don't have to make sense.)

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

interrobang?! wrote:
Urgh. I'm, effectively, the manager at the Saturday job I have (I mean, it's not my actual job title, but I am it as far as the person in charge there in the moment or whatev.) This Saturday just past one of the Sunday library assistants phoned in sick for her shift the next day so I phoned around (successfully) to get someone to cover the vacant shift. I just checked my email for that job and the weekday head of dept I technically report to replied: "Well done you! [for arranging the cover] You are such a good girl!" That's... what? Some kind of patronising weird shiitake.

Ooh, maybe if you do one more thing right, you'll get belly scritches. Just make sure you poop in the box and don't barf in his/her shoes and you're solid.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:12 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

So, the vet called and actually sounded really upbeat because my cat apparently decided to chow down on some of the prescription canned food they gave her. Cats are so weird. The vet was like, "Yeah, you'd think that an animal wouldn't starve itself just because it was pissed off about something, and yet... that's exactly what cats do." Her x-rays came back showing nothing other than liver enlargement (as we already knew), so that's good. They're still giving her IV fluids to help flush out her system and she'll be staying at the vet until at least Wednesday.

She's definitely not out of the woods but her eating on her own seemed to get the vet (and me!) pretty excited.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:19 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

acr wrote:
Fee wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
Back of the radiator. The answer is always down the back of the radiator. If I've learnt anything from the PPK, this is it. Fee will back me up on this.

True story. I don't even have a radiator, but every thing I've ever lost has been behind it.

this is the only important lesson i've ever taught anybody.

I don't even want to know what's in back of my radiators. Whatever has been lost back there over the decades has probably gained sentience by this point, and I do not want to disturb it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:39 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Migrane.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Drinking while studying for tomorrow's final is a good idea, right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:07 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

AutumnLeaves wrote:
Migrane.

Ugh, those are the worst. Feel better soon Autumn!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

(It's me! and my a cappella group! <3)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:08 am 
Dead by dawn

*&#@*!

I bought a Christmas tree after work and left it downstairs in the entry to dry off while I ate dinner and hauled the decorations out of storage. So it was almost 9 by the time I was ready to bring the tree upstairs. And the trunk doesn't fit in the stand. And there's only one store that I can think of that I know is open. And they're sold out. And now my tree is propped up downstairs in a mixing bowl of water until tomorrow after work. I guess it's fine as long as (a) it doesn't come crashing down during the night and (b) the dog leaves it alone while I'm gone tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:39 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

j-dub wrote:
vijita wrote:
I have done nothing today either, and it has been glorious. This is my first two day weekend in AGES and I have reserved today for nothing but cat snuggles, a bath, naps, and later meeting friends at a vegan-friendly pub. Tomorrow I will be a little bit more productive and do some writing, but today is just for being lazy. I have to go get insurance on my car though, which pains me because it is such a boring and annoying thing to do on relaxation day, but it could be much worse.

Tell me more.

Spinnakers is totally vegan friendly if you call in advance/have a business partnership with them (we do). I had a yummy dinner. Unfortunately, most of their brews are not vegan, but they are working on changing that, and have plenty of vegan wine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:45 am 
Saggy Butt

Someone please tell me why I have been so ravenously hungry lately. This is getting to be a problem.

It's probably because I'm cold and trying to eat food to keep warm? Or something like that?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:12 am 

xGreenling: Have you been exercising more than usual? Maybe your body is fighting off germs you've been exposed to and you need extra nutrition to do that. Did you start a new medication where hunger could be a side effect? Could you be pregnant? Are you eating less calorie dense foods and therefor needing more? Are you eating well balanced meals; getting enough fat, protein, carbs, fiber, and drinking enough water? You don't have to answer any of those personal questions here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 am 

choirqueer wrote:

(It's me! and my a cappella group! <3)

YOU ROCK!!!! LOVE IT! Love that song, you kill it, and I love your hair.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:23 am 
Nailed to the V

I had a cool dream last night. It had snowed avocado and the ground was covered in a thick layer of smooth guacamole.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

CQ! That is awesome!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:50 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Emilie wrote:
I had a cool dream last night. It had snowed avocado and the ground was covered in a thick layer of smooth guacamole.

Pretty sure the worst part of my day is that this is not real life :( :(

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 am 

Sometimes I wish a never ended bagel was a thing. I'd like to spend the rest of the morning eating a bagel. I've finished it though! (It was really good.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I loved that, choirqueer! Loved your bouncy performance, too.

I'd like to make guacamole angels (like snow angels but in guacamole - does everyone make snow angels?)

I bought hair elastics today to put my hair in a ponytail at the gym or yoga. This is the first time since Pierre Trudeau was Prime Minister that my hair was long enough to go back in a ponytail. You can look it up but that's before a bunch of you were born.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:50 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

CQ, you are positively adorbs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:05 pm 
Dead by dawn

I was born during the Trudeau administration and I didn't have to look it up!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:10 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Whoa, when did vegweb get a new look? I like it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

It's been a few months, I think! I like it too, but part of me misses the cluttered, bright yellow site from before.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:12 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My best friend's mom is going in for some pretty invasive surgery today. A complete hysterectomy, and then some. Send her all the vibes in the world! And lots of glitter!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1182, 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188 ... 1887  Next