| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: The Lazy People Mainstream Food Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:48 pm 
***LIES!!!***

If it makes you feel better, annak, there is nothing vegan in our 7-11 around the corner except some fruit and soda. They even stopped carrying the haagen dazs sorbet which used to be my emergency dessert.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:12 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I went on a search for the foods mentioned in this thread but BJ's is a jerk and so is the grocery store. Though, I did get a 16 pack of the vegan morningstar grillers for about 10 bucks, which made me happy. That's my go to for when I come home from work and I'm too beat to make a dinner from scratch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:55 am 
Nooch of Earl

Ariann wrote:
If it makes you feel better, annak, there is nothing vegan in our 7-11 around the corner except some fruit and soda. They even stopped carrying the haagen dazs sorbet which used to be my emergency dessert.

It's a pyrrhic victory. I don't want the east coast vegans to go hungry, just to share the bounty. :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:59 am 
WRETCHED

I would've never thought to get food at 7-11. I thought 7-11s were for slurpies and perhaps gatorade/powerade.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:40 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I have seen my friend post up pictures of vegan pad thai, some middle eastern type salads, and hummus and veggie plates that she gets from 7-11 in the San Diego area (mostly). They look good!

I am guessing that these meals are brought in by a seperate company? they did have 7-11 packaging (well stickers) on them. Not sure.

If you have a 7-11 nearby, might be worth checking out. Seems pretty random which ones have the vegan stuff. They are pretty cheap (like ~$5 mostly, but like I said, full meals and they look awesome) and definitely mainstream (if yours has them). And full meals. Meets the critera!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

linanil wrote:
I would've never thought to get food at 7-11. I thought 7-11s were for slurpies and perhaps gatorade/powerade.

I lived off of 7-11 food in Japan. They had roasted kabocha squash, inari, rice crackers, all sorts of seaweed crackers/snacks, popsicles, and my mainstay breakfast: vegan seaweed onigiri.

Here I just buy potato chips.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:08 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I noticed that in other countries (than the US) that 7-11 offers much more than just chips and soda and coffee. Lots more frozen meals, sandwiches, and basics like bread, eggs, milk etc. (ok, not basics for us, but still)

Yes, here I just buy chips. And coffee, a few years ago when I drove for work a lot. The 7-11's around here have surprisingly awesome coffee.

I am totally stopping by the 7-11 near my house sometime this week to see what kinda vegan goodies they might have.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:52 pm 

Okay, I've found lazy mainstream food paradise in my city. I bought gardein chicken tenders, a mac and cheeze, tofutti slices, the brown sugar poptarts without frosting, and there was a lot of stuff I didn't get because there's just not room.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:53 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

A company here recently released baked beans in pastry as a convenience food. I was skeptical but picked one up recently and it was delicious.

My emergency supermarket meals usually involve a can of beans or soup, sometimes with bread and a garden salad from the produce section.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:41 am 

Oh man, I thought the wrapper said "Big Bear Bar" and I was going to seek those out for all the bears in my life.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:18 am 
WELFARIST!

We don't even have 7-11's where I am!

I am currently eating a microwaveable bag of rice. Uncle Ben's has a lot that are vegan and Target's Market Pantry brand has some vegan ones as well- garden vegetable and Spanish rice for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:46 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

So I was in the cookie aisle at Mejier today and I remembered that I had once found accidentally vegan store brand cookies there, so I rechecked and: the 'Fudge Treasures', which are just girl scout cookie knock offs: The mint and peanut butter ones are dairy-free (the coconut one has milk). Obviously this is only fun news if you live in one of the five states that has a Mejier, but i'm sure other stores use the same cookies for their store brand too.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:24 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

mrsbadmouth wrote:
So I was in the cookie aisle at Mejier today and I remembered that I had once found accidentally vegan store brand cookies there, so I rechecked and: the 'Fudge Treasures', which are just girl scout cookie knock offs: The mint and peanut butter ones are dairy-free (the coconut one has milk). Obviously this is only fun news if you live in one of the five states that has a Mejier, but i'm sure other stores use the same cookies for their store brand too.

Yeah, the same cookies are vegan at HEBs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

A few varieties of Uncrustables are vegan. I just tried them and feel guilty saying they are good!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:19 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Veglicious wrote:
A company here recently released baked beans in pastry as a convenience food. I was skeptical but picked one up recently and it was delicious.

My emergency supermarket meals usually involve a can of beans or soup, sometimes with bread and a garden salad from the produce section.

That looks really good. I think I may need to try to make this one day (or go to Australia on vacation, which seems more likely given my kitchen laziness).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:31 am 
WELFARIST!

Campbell's Southwestern Style Vegetable Soup- microwaveable cups and regular cans.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5