| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189 ... 1858  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:45 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I veganized the old fashioned fudge recipe that involves cocoa powder, milk, butter, sugar, salt and vanilla extract using soy milk and EB. I brought the mixture to the right temp and now it's cooling so I can beat the heck out of it. Hopefully it turns out and subbing the vegan ingredients doesn't mess anything up. I guess worst case scenario is I beat a little more soy milk into it and turn it into fudge sauce, which isn't a horrible thing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:53 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Happy belly! I have oreos and skittles in my tummy right now. Some how I think I won't manage to eat all my dinner tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Oh man! Sometimes candy just really hits the spot! Last night my dad was talking about Grandma buying candy for her mail carrier and newspaper delivery person, and I was so thankful I had a candy bar at home (can't think of the name, Go Max Go version of Almond Joy).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:06 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

A Mahalo bar! Yum!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Emilie wrote:
I had a cool dream last night. It had snowed avocado and the ground was covered in a thick layer of smooth guacamole.

I so want this to come true.

I had a dream that I planted a fajita so I could grow a fajita tree. Someone tried to tell me that "it doesn't work like that," and I got really angry at them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 pm 

Mahalo! I couldn't think of it, and I was too lazy to google. That has to be like, certifiably lazy. Like a whole new level of lazy. It was excellent and hit the spot.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:36 pm 
Dead by dawn

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Emilie wrote:
I had a cool dream last night. It had snowed avocado and the ground was covered in a thick layer of smooth guacamole.

I had a dream that I planted a fajita so I could grow a fajita tree. Someone tried to tell me that "it doesn't work like that," and I got really angry at them.

I bet you could grow a fajita tree in a place where it snowed avocado.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:44 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Wow! Fajita trees and avocado snow. Tasty!

So I managed to eat and enjoy dinner then had even more skittles and oreos. It was ruined by me having to go to bed early so I could lie down because of back pain. Now my throat is burning because of reflux. Stupid body.

Oh, I crashed into possibly the nicest person ever last week. He dropped by my work this evening as I was leaving to make sure I was doing ok and to tell me not to be worrying and that "these things happen." God bless nice people.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Freetahtah wrote:
I veganized the old fashioned fudge recipe that involves cocoa powder, milk, butter, sugar, salt and vanilla extract using soy milk and EB. I brought the mixture to the right temp and now it's cooling so I can beat the heck out of it. Hopefully it turns out and subbing the vegan ingredients doesn't mess anything up. I guess worst case scenario is I beat a little more soy milk into it and turn it into fudge sauce, which isn't a horrible thing.

I used to try to make fudge as a kid all the time and it never set up for me! So, unless you're an expert candy maker, I wouldn't blame the vegan ingredients if it doesn't turn out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

So fed up with a week of road blocks and riots in my city. Got caught in heavy traffic today and people in front started panicking and doing U turns, I think it was heavier than usual because people were trying to leave work early before the protesters gathered. A Christmas carol service in aid of a sick children's charity had to be cancelled at the weekend and the Christmas market had to be evacuated, so shameful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:19 pm 
Saggy Butt

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
xGreenling: Have you been exercising more than usual? Maybe your body is fighting off germs you've been exposed to and you need extra nutrition to do that. Did you start a new medication where hunger could be a side effect? Could you be pregnant? Are you eating less calorie dense foods and therefor needing more? Are you eating well balanced meals; getting enough fat, protein, carbs, fiber, and drinking enough water? You don't have to answer any of those personal questions here!

Probably that, though why it would take a couple of months for that to show up as a side effect is quite beyond me...

paprikapapaya wrote:
It's been a few months, I think! I like it too, but part of me misses the cluttered, bright yellow site from before.

Man, all of me misses the cluttered yellow siteastrophe of days gone by.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 pm 
Nailed to the V

monkeytoes wrote:
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Emilie wrote:

I bet you could grow a fajita tree in a place where it snowed avocado.

THAT would totally work! It's even highly recommanded!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:20 pm 
WRETCHED

Kitty ears are the best tasting things in this world.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:22 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

choirqueer wrote:

(It's me! and my a cappella group! <3)

Yay! That was great! Had my legs going all dancey.

starrynight87 wrote:
My best friend's mom is going in for some pretty invasive surgery today. A complete hysterectomy, and then some. Send her all the vibes in the world! And lots of glitter!

Glittery qi sent!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:26 pm 
Saggy Butt

Last night I dreamed that I had a piece of taffy stuck between my teeth, and when I would finally be able to pull it out, there was more there in it's place. It kept happening, over and over again, throughout my sleep (even invading other dreams). This morning when I went to pee I checked and nope, no taffy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:41 pm 
Mediocre Tart

fezza wrote:
So fed up with a week of road blocks and riots in my city. Got caught in heavy traffic today and people in front started panicking and doing U turns, I think it was heavier than usual because people were trying to leave work early before the protesters gathered. A Christmas carol service in aid of a sick children's charity had to be cancelled at the weekend and the Christmas market had to be evacuated, so shameful.

Woah, what? I'm so sorry, fezza, that is nuts. I think those of us further away tend to forget about some of the things that still go on over down your neck of the woods.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:02 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

interrobang?! wrote:
fezza wrote:

Woah, what? I'm so sorry, fezza, that is nuts. I think those of us further away tend to forget about some of the things that still go on over down your neck of the woods.

Thanks hun. City Hall have voted to limit the amount of days the union flag is flown, so the "loyalists" respond by rioting with the police, damaging the economy during the busiest shopping period, and attacked a police car and threw a petrol bomb into it while a policewoman was still in it. Thankfully she's ok. We're all skulking about the city, trying to get everything done before they start shutting off the roads. My friend has arranged a private viewing of the hobbit on Thursday night and I have an awful feeling he's going to end up with the bill for most of the seats. I think it also cost me an assignment this week. My lovely man has to make his way over from the other side of the city tomorrow night, I won't relax til he gets here. They think nothing of beating the tripe outta people and burning their cars out, scumbags.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:05 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

So, the fudge didn't work but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the vegan subs. I think I may have either stirred it too long after it cooled or cooked it for too long, because it was super thick but I kept stirring (and broke a wooden spoon in the process) and finally it started to look less shiny, but before I could dump it out into the pan, it solidified into a horrible mess in the pot and was super crumbly. Bleh. I think in my next attempt I'll either make the recipe for easy vegan fudge that was posted on the PPK or I'll use the veganized version of Alton Brown's recipe.

On a highly positive note, I decided to try 500 Vegan Recipes' Spicy Pepita Brittle just so that I could have *something* work out today for cooking and it turned out beautifully! Soooo spicy but in a really good way. Even my partner was sneaking bits of it and he's a self-professed hater of sweets. He whined that it was too spicy, but then kept eating it, so...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:14 pm 
Mediocre Tart

fezza wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
fezza wrote:

Thanks hun. City Hall have voted to limit the amount of days the union flag is flown, so the "loyalists" respond by rioting with the police, damaging the economy during the busiest shopping period, and attacked a police car and threw a petrol bomb into it while a policewoman was still in it. Thankfully she's ok. We're all skulking about the city, trying to get everything done before they start shutting off the roads. My friend has arranged a private viewing of the hobbit on Thursday night and I have an awful feeling he's going to end up with the bill for most of the seats. I think it also cost me an assignment this week. My lovely man has to make his way over from the other side of the city tomorrow night, I won't relax til he gets here. They think nothing of beating the tripe outta people and burning their cars out, scumbags.

Don't you call me a hun! :P

Urgh, though. This is all such forking baws. I'm so pissed on your behalf. But that doesn't even describe it at all. I just can't even. Oooft.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

interrobang?! wrote:

Don't you call me a hun! :P

Urgh, though. This is all such forking baws. I'm so pissed on your behalf. But that doesn't even describe it at all. I just can't even. Oooft.

Stay safe, Fezza! <3 Feckin' loyalists...We'll pure flag them!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:13 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Stop wheezing, Molly. Mama Bird needs new contacts and it's kind of an emergency.

Though I think today she only sounds like two of the rice crispies instead of the entire trio.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:47 pm 
Semen Strong

I am realizing that I have such a hard time bonding with non-vegans! I had only vegan friends in my life for so many years and now I am meeting more and more amazing women that I'd totally love, if they were only vegan. I'm going to have to start working on that one. Any tips?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:00 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My friend posted this on fb, and I immediately thought of the ppk:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:04 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Hehe yes! Just today I said HI DOGGIE! And ignored the person holding the leash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:07 pm 

I really like the juxtaposition of tofulish's and rc's posts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46434 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1183, 1184, 1185, 1186, 1187, 1188, 1189 ... 1858  Next