| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 133  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:57 pm 
Saggy Butt

DarthCupcake wrote:
walrus wrote:
So I asked this guy out a couple days ago. I ran into him tonight (small town, god dammit) and he totally blew me off. He was, literally, all over the place. Totally drunk. I finally got him to stand next to me at the bar and I asked him, (because he wasn't engaging me in convo), "So ... you're a chef?" and he said yeah and walked away. fork that guy. Tonight was a bad night overall.

WHAAAAAAAAT. That is utter and complete bullshiitake. I'm sorry. Totally fork that guy.

Yeah, kinda lame. This town is too forking small.

I find myself saying that a lot lately.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:56 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Resolved. I'm going to ask out a woman who I know from work next time I see her. She seems super nice, and funny and pretty and I've totally ignored her. Why? Because she's seemed vaguely interested in me and that's a major turn-off. I've got to stop being attracted to people who I can't have, whether they're in relationships, soon to be my boss, or a million miles away on this site. I've got to recognize the awesome women who are right in front of me. So I'm going to ask her out. That is if I don't turn into a total wuss, which is a definite possibility because I'm a little drunk right now and operating on liquid courage.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:07 pm 
Huffs Nooch

You've posted about it here. We'll nag you until you just do it to appease us.

Meanwhile, why is my best friend such a dick when it comes to blatantly ignoring how much I like him? I mean, he knows it. It's not a secret, but does he really have to go and flirt with EVERY girl in front of me? Does he really have to bemoan the fact that NO ONE cares about him? Really? Maybe I'm just being oversensitive, but it's this kind of stuff that makes me really wish I could hate him. Except that I can't. Being around him makes me feel awful and not being around him makes me feel awful, and it really just completely sucks.

NOT TO BE A DOWNER ON EVERYONE'S HAPPY CRUSHES. Sorry.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Work crush is cuting me to death. I thought I was awkward asking him out. Tonight at work he was like, "So, I still have your number, so whenever you wanna go out again..." And he was blushing. Then he brings up that on the 24th, work lets out early, which I guess means he'd like to go out on the 24th.

I'm hoping to get in lots of time with him before my surgery. And then after, of course.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:51 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

PPK, I demand you find me a real crush now. Right now on the list:

- Mars, because everyone should have a crush on him
- A friend in another country who is adorable
- A professor with an awesome brain

NONE OF THESE IS VIABLE REAL LIFE CRUSH MATERIAL. SOS. Make me have stutter-y rambling blush-y feelings about someone.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:10 am 
Tofu Pup Forever

zwingtip wrote:
PPK, I demand you find me a real crush now. Right now on the list:

- Mars, because everyone should have a crush on him
- A friend in another country who is adorable
- A professor with an awesome brain

NONE OF THESE IS VIABLE REAL LIFE CRUSH MATERIAL. SOS. Make me have stutter-y rambling blush-y feelings about someone.

I completely disagree. I don't know Mars, but I'm sure he's crushable, and I have a crush on an awesome punk rock professor I've never met, and I'm pretty sure that is viable crush material. Not, you know...graduatable to relationship type of crush, but completely viable as 'butterflies in stomach' crush material. *vehement nod*

Anyhow, sometimes it's nice to have out of town crushing to avoid embarrassing crushing. Like, 'can't work because I'm too busy obsessing' kind of crushing. That's tough. I know, I've been there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:15 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Shantylass wrote:
Meanwhile, why is my best friend such a dick when it comes to blatantly ignoring how much I like him? I mean, he knows it. It's not a secret, but does he really have to go and flirt with EVERY girl in front of me? Does he really have to bemoan the fact that NO ONE cares about him? Really? Maybe I'm just being oversensitive, but it's this kind of stuff that makes me really wish I could hate him. Except that I can't. Being around him makes me feel awful and not being around him makes me feel awful, and it really just completely sucks.

so this might not be the best situation in the world, is there a way you could spend some time apart? it's real hard to get over someone when you're around them all the time, and based on this he either is a.)really really upsettingly unconcerned with your feelings or b.) completely oblivious to them. you don't have to hate him, but you certainly are under no obligation to pine for him. it sucks a lot and I hope you can find someone to crush on that isn't a butthead.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:18 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

in other news, I have officially developed a stupid swoony hearts-in-eyes crush on this guy. sigh. glad we're friendos though, real good dude.

had his shirtsleeves rolled up the other day and I almost passed out*

*only sort of hyperbole, I also happened to be gross tired.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:39 am 
Huffs Nooch

booberthefraggle wrote:
Shantylass wrote:

so this might not be the best situation in the world, is there a way you could spend some time apart? it's real hard to get over someone when you're around them all the time, and based on this he either is a.)really really upsettingly unconcerned with your feelings or b.) completely oblivious to them. you don't have to hate him, but you certainly are under no obligation to pine for him. it sucks a lot and I hope you can find someone to crush on that isn't a butthead.

I mean, we go to a tiny college together and he's pretty close with my other best friends who also happen to be my roommates, we're in a music ensemble together, and we work together every day. So, no. But it's mostly okay, it's just a super weird and complex situation*. But break is coming up and I'm spending it in a different country, so that's some space.

*by super weird and complex I mean sitcom-worthy. Ferreals.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:00 am 

boober I know what you mean about arms. Work crush has sexy, sexy man arms. He's sexy even when he's doing the dishes. Okay, especially then. I'ma have to tell him sometime how sexy his arms are.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:30 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

omg I know I can't evennnn ~swooonn~
forking can't deal so cute ugh.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:29 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

*takes picture to better show off my arms*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:03 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

So, so swoony over my special lady friend lately. Swoooooooon. Keep thinkin bout her smilin' eyes! ooof.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:17 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Maybe it is because I am ovulating but I am crushing on some guy that comes into where I work. Not sure who he is or what he does but I do know he is working and not a patient so that's a plus.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:40 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

so my crush wasn't at the race but he'll be at a bike team's bash in boston tonight. i'm feeling nervous about going though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:44 pm 

I asked workcrush if he wanted to come see the Hobbit with me tonight but he couldn't make it, which is fine because it was short notice and his brother just got back from college but still!- no cuteness or sexy man arms to look forward to tonight :( I felt like a pest and then he was all, "I'm really happy you thought of me!" in a cute voice so I'll live.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:15 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Shantylass wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
Shantylass wrote:

I mean, we go to a tiny college together and he's pretty close with my other best friends who also happen to be my roommates, we're in a music ensemble together, and we work together every day. So, no. But it's mostly okay, it's just a super weird and complex situation*. But break is coming up and I'm spending it in a different country, so that's some space.

*by super weird and complex I mean sitcom-worthy. Ferreals.

Okay so my boyfriend I have now I was really good friends with before. And I liked him. Double liked him. And he knew it, but it never happened for real with us and I'd be his shoulder to cry on when it didn't work with some other girl and when he complained about his friends being fakes and no one caring about him. Finally I just had enough and stopped talking to him for almost 8 months. When we finally reunited he was super into it. Finally. He realized in my absence that I was what he wanted after all and we've been together ever since. There is no doubt in my mind we had to take that time apart for me to get over my crush and see clearly and for him to see he was taking me for granted.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:24 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

i didn't go to the bike party, but he messaged me on fb this morning asking how my race was!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 pm 

I posted on facebook in my status about wanting a ride to school, not expecting anyone to respond- just hoping I wouldn't have to walk in the cold. Two minutes later workcrush calls me, offering a ride! It was wicked cute- he was like, "I was just checking my email and facebook and happened to notice you needed a ride..." So since then I've been in a state of swoon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:18 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Keeper!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:45 pm 

Oh, Amazeballs, GCZ!

So, Astrology Crush came into my work today and I flirted him upppp and gave him this pretty lavender rose. Blaaaaah. Still super unsure how he feels about me back.

Also, this customer today came in, this super sexy, young, kinda chubby, huge super long unkempt beard gay guy... And I may be in love. He had me make him 'the most pink bouquet possible' to match all his pink gifts he had picked out as a present for a friend. It was all the same shade of hot pink, and I made the most amazing all hot pink bouquet, no greenery or anything. It was sexy and he loved it. I told him he should come back sometime and chat with me when I wasn't so busy. :]

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:05 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Mars, you strike me as the most fearlessly flirty person on the planet. TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 pm 

Well, flirting is easy, because you can just pass it off as friendliness or whatever if it goes awry. Fearless I am not when it comes to actually pushing through the flirting into the reality, BUT. Flirting. Yeah I do that like a mofo.

I think if I had to describe how I flirt, it would be something about super coy eyes/smile; but not so coy at all when it comes to body language/touching.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:58 am 

Yeah Jeebus. Frack. I just got back from drinks and movie watching/suggling/making out with this guy who... dammit. Is so forking cute. Frack. I don't know if I hate or love that we didn't have sex. Yeeeeaaaaaah he's going to be an Official™ crush. I'll call him Accupuncture Crush. (Yeah, all my crushes are super Woo) (I live in Portland, okay?!). There also may or may not have been some cute texts after.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:02 pm 

I sent work crush a cutesy thank you text after the ride yesterday knowing he would read it but not be able to respond with a text back. Childish much?

Tomorrow I go to the deli to see him! And maybe get rice and pea pod salad...

Reply to topic  [ 3314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 133  Next