| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:00 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

thanks fizz! good luck in getting yours soon!

sometimes i wonder my cramps hurt so bad, and then I overflow a cup in 75 minutes and I know why.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:46 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

okay so i have to go grocery shopping but earlier my cramps hurt so bad I couldn't and now they're better and I just want to sit here. sigh. i need chocolate.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:23 am 
Ninja Master

Tonight is my work xmas do and I think I'm gonna come on today instead of tomorrow when I'm due. I'm in pain and I'm so bloated. I'm glad I have a floaty dress! ugh.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

pms headache. now i remember why i usually skip my period. maybe this whole dropping the BC pill is a really bad idea.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:15 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Periods are the WORST.

I really want to start a discussion about clot sizes but I want to hear from you guys first.

(Also people are going to keep telling me I might have endometriosis and I will be like DENIAL.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:20 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

omg clots

Also, my period is making me irrational. Stahp.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

What do you guys take (if anything) for cramping? I've always done really well with ibuprofen, but recently my cramps have been so awful that the max dose (800 mg, or 4 caplets) is barely helping. I'm thinking of switching to naproxen or maybe talking to my doctor about a prescription for something stronger.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I am the mood swingiest!
bleeding like a champ and feeling irrationally sad that no one in my immediate vicinity wants to snuggle because I am cold.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:08 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I usually do Tylenol extra strength. Or pm if I can afford to just be not coherent for a while.

Timing is good, but I really want to eat all the things. And I have a few treats from trader joes to send 8ball for the junk food swap and it is so. forking. Hard. To not just eat it all and replace later...and I'm super bloated.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:32 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

massive, massive cramps and lower back pain. i took some pain revilers and then stood under a hot hot shower for a bit. of course the minute i got out of that situation they return with a vengeance.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

strawberryrock wrote:
Periods are the WORST.

I really want to start a discussion about clot sizes but I want to hear from you guys first.

(Also people are going to keep telling me I might have endometriosis and I will be like DENIAL.)

Might not be endometriosis. Might be fibroid cysts. [/not helpful]

But seriously, I used to have serious major clots (or as my mom calls them "liver chunks") until I got treated for some large fibroid cysts. I still have fibroids and I still have clots but they're not nearly as bad now. They're smaller/less alarming. If you're bleeding heavily (not sure if you've said that's the case) and have serious clots, you might want to get checked for this. Getting them treated made such a huge difference! At its worst, I was wearing the largest size of tampon available, overnight pads, and adult diapers over my underwear and I'd still bleed through. And this went on for three weeks out of the month. (I was seriously anemic at the time.) I still get heavy periods (have to empty my cup hourly on the heaviest days unless I take Tranexamic acid) but now my period lasts 7 days total with only 2-3 heavy days.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:09 am 
Married to the wolfman

+1 to clots and fibroids going hand in hand.

I'm having my third or fourth period since having a paragard installed. The first three weren't bad, about normal for me. This one, it's really not great. Aside from the cramping (bad), I'm also overflowing my cup every couple of hours. It's only been about two days but I'm hoping it's going to slow the hell down soon because dang.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:55 pm 

Why yes, Pms, I did want to sob at various chain Facebook posts. Don't worry, it doesn't make me feel insane as I sit here bawling and drowning my sorrows in root beer and chips.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

lepelaar wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:
Periods are the WORST.

Might not be endometriosis. Might be fibroid cysts. [/not helpful]

But seriously, I used to have serious major clots (or as my mom calls them "liver chunks") until I got treated for some large fibroid cysts. I still have fibroids and I still have clots but they're not nearly as bad now. They're smaller/less alarming. If you're bleeding heavily (not sure if you've said that's the case) and have serious clots, you might want to get checked for this. Getting them treated made such a huge difference! At its worst, I was wearing the largest size of tampon available, overnight pads, and adult diapers over my underwear and I'd still bleed through. And this went on for three weeks out of the month. (I was seriously anemic at the time.) I still get heavy periods (have to empty my cup hourly on the heaviest days unless I take Tranexamic acid) but now my period lasts 7 days total with only 2-3 heavy days.

My period definitely isn't as crazy as yours was but at the beginning I can totally fill my diva cup in an hour and there have been huge clots for a while, and my cramps are super bad especially when I have huge clots which makes sense.

Basically I am really terrified to find out that I might have fertility issues and obviously ignorance is bliss so I haven't talked to my doctor at all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:50 pm 

Sr, I hope everything is ok with you! Go to the doctor please though, now I'm all worried for you.

I had to leave work early today and cancel an appointment at the last minute because I could hardly stand and I realized I left my cup at home....I just spent an hour and a half in a hot bath eating potato chips and I feel much better. Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:55 am 
Ninja Master

strawberryrock wrote:
My period definitely isn't as crazy as yours was but at the beginning I can totally fill my diva cup in an hour and there have been huge clots for a while, and my cramps are super bad especially when I have huge clots which makes sense.

Basically I am really terrified to find out that I might have fertility issues and obviously ignorance is bliss so I haven't talked to my doctor at all.

My period used to be like that. CRAZY heavy and painful for 2-3 days and then 4 more days of a bit less horror. And massive clots like an alien was trying to claw its way out of me.

Sometimes when I think about coming off the pill, because I've burst out crying because the radio is playing Driving Home for Christmas or some shiitake, I remember what I used to go through and decide to never go back to that.

Definitely speak to your doc! They might suggest something to lighten your period like BC pills, if you're not opposed to them?

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:24 pm 
Impressive boner

I had my contraceptive implant removed a couple of months ago and OH MY GOD HORMONES!!! This afternoon I went through a mass of emotions and thoughts, from horny to sad to angry to dark. dark places before I realized the cause. Now I'm in Crampsville.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:45 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Mine showed up a few days early and I also had a root canal today. So much annoying pain.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Period shiitakes are the worst.
Also shouldn't my PMS headache be gone now that aunt flow is here?! Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:27 pm 
WRETCHED

I switched BC pills this past month and I just finished my first pack and... there is nothing. No cramps. No spotting. No whatever. Uhh hello? You've been showing up early for the past 2 months (like a week early), I switch pills and you decide not to show up at all? You got 2 days to get this over with because I'm on a 5 hour flight on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:32 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I wish I were as smart as my period. It always knows things. Like now: it randomly comes, way early, no notice, right when I hurt myself and the day before I'll have a likely 5 hr drive home from work (95S commute tomorrow afternoon won't be pretty; there is precedent)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:34 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Achy lower back: check!
Urge to cut my own hair: check! (I finally gave in to the urge and it was thrilling!)
Shouting at jerk drivers: check!
Wanting truckloads of salt on everything: check!

I'm due on Christmas day. I think it's going to be early. I hope so, otherwise I've got another 5 days of this before the real pain even starts.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:26 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Anyone got experience with skipping the break in bc packs? I'm getting married in july and what do you know, period will fall in honeymoon! My mum tells me absolutely no way can i skip periods but my future mother and grandmother ibs law both say yeah i can. Confused! I'm tempted to miss out the break this month just to see how I feel.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:09 am 
WRETCHED

I've done it before and the results aren't always 100%. Basically, you just go straight to the next pack and don't do the week off. You might still get spotting, you might still get your period, you might not get anything. It is a bit of a crepe shoot. I've talked to my gyn before I did it, she said as long as you have a period a year, you are good but the formal pill packs to do it have you having a period every 3 months.

Personally, I'd go for it. Also, you can move your period by skipping the week off which I've done as well, that might be more reliable if you map your period out to the week of your honeymoon. so you can start skipping now to move it to a different week.

Does that make sense?

Also, if you have a 24 active pill pack, take all 24, not just 21. Then move to the next month pill pack.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:25 am 
Impressive boner

My previous periods were never this bad. Nausea, headaches, diarrhea and it's associated cramps, dizziness and really heavy bleeding.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 70  Next