| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lotions, potions and other non edible items
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:44 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Can anyone recommend a more hypo-allergenic product than Simple facewash? It's fine until I use a facecloth to rinse afterwards, when it becomes clear that it has irritated my skin enough that my flannel feels like sandpaper.

Boots' Botanics once, years ago, triggered an allergic reaction which damaged my skin enough to get impetigo a couple of days later (and I then got a virus and then another skin thing... I had three weeks of covering myself with unguants and potions, guzzling down tablets).

I usually just wash my face with water and sometimes bicarb as an exfoliant scrub (which sounds harsh but isn't). I might end up going back to that...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:28 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I don't really use a face wash anymore. I use the Superdrug Vitamin E or cucumber facial wipe things. I have a couple of Origins exfoliators which I use weekly, the one I love is Never a Dull Moment. I have very dry and quite sensitive skin and these work well for me. (Origins is owned by someone who test, if that is a concern for you).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:42 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

baps wrote:
Just so you know, Tigi's animal testing policy is iffy. They don't test 'finished products' but they have over 200 ingredients and they they don't know if some could be tested by their suppliers, they don't check!

Thanks for letting me know, I've heard from various sources that they didn't test but if this is the case I'll avoid their products from now on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:57 am 
Ninja Master

Gulliver wrote:
Can anyone recommend a more hypo-allergenic product than Simple facewash? It's fine until I use a facecloth to rinse afterwards, when it becomes clear that it has irritated my skin enough that my flannel feels like sandpaper.

Boots' Botanics once, years ago, triggered an allergic reaction which damaged my skin enough to get impetigo a couple of days later (and I then got a virus and then another skin thing... I had three weeks of covering myself with unguants and potions, guzzling down tablets).

I usually just wash my face with water and sometimes bicarb as an exfoliant scrub (which sounds harsh but isn't). I might end up going back to that...

A flannel might be a bit too harsh for sensitive skin and face washes too! In fact I never would recommend a face wash to anyone to be honest, but some people do like them.

Maybe try a cleanser instead, massage it in and remove it with damp cotton pads.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:36 am 
Ninja Master

baps wrote:
Top Shop have just confirmed to me that their blank ink gel eyeliner and their black liquid eyeliner pen are both vegan. They are both fab eyeliners.

I am an idiot! I just re-read the email cuz I was searching for something else and their liners have carmine in! I must have misread it. I thought they'd said they do not contain carmine, it said they do! shiitake, sorry guys.

On the plus side, MUA's gel liners are cheap and look vegan from ingredients list.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:38 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

It's not for me but does anyone know of any vegan men's aftershave or other smellies?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:37 am 
Smuggling Raisins

I think bulldog did a vegan after shave balm a while ago, don't know if they still do.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:51 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Efcliz wrote:
It's not for me but does anyone know of any vegan men's aftershave or other smellies?
Original Source periodically release men's things, but they tend to never be that great. Their men's scented things just aren't as good as ungendered ones. They did a deodorant that was meant to smell like ocean mist or something, but I think smelt like ready salted crisps.

Lush have a few men's things, and I believe they do shaving stuff. I know Lush is a bit love-it-or-hate-it, though. I'd really like to love it, but they discontinue everything I like about the week after I discover it so they're on my naughty list forever. They do an okay shaving balm, but I can't remember the name.
Rachwins wrote:
I think bulldog did a vegan after shave balm a while ago, don't know if they still do.
They did, and I liked it! I think. I didn't buy it again, but I don't remember having any complaints about it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:27 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Gulliver wrote:
Efcliz wrote:

Rachwins wrote:
They did, and I liked it! I think. I didn't buy it again, but I don't remember having any complaints about it.

Nick uses the Bulldog moisturiser and loves it. I think he also has some Lush stuff.

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:12 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

jojo wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
Efcliz wrote:

Rachwins wrote:

Nick uses the Bulldog moisturiser and loves it. I think he also has some Lush stuff.
Yeah, I liked it too, but I'm a cheapskate, and I am so used to having allergic reactions to every single skin product I try, including ones I've used before, I err on the side of panic and use a Lush one they haven't made for two years and bought a huge amount of when I found out it was for the chop. I would certainly use Bulldog stuff again!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:18 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Bulldog is Bry's fave too - we have a whole bleedin' cupboard full of it in the bathroom after it was on a 3 for 2 deal at Superdrug not long ago. He's also a fan of the Korres stuff too, if you want something a bit more fancypants.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:58 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

baps wrote:
I really like Superdrug's BB Cream. I've wanted to buy one ever since all the beauty blogs have been raving about them and there's is marked vegan. The light one looks like it's too dark for me but once it's on it looks nice. It doesn't give coverage really, it just makes your face kind of glowy. It's perfect for summer.

The BB Cream was half price when I went in today. £4-something.

I really like how it looks on, it seems to have really evened out my skin tone, although I'll wait until I see what it looks like in daylight before I'm totally confident.

It's got a very strong scent to it though! It's not unpleasant, but it really reminds me of something, and it's bugging me that I can't remember what.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:29 am 
Ninja Master

Yeah it does have quite a strong smell, but I do like the smell. I wish they did one a little bit lighter because it is just a tad too dark for me, but I do really like it for days when my skin is ok enough to not need full foundation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:53 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Samy changed the formula of their shampoo, the new one stings my eyes (even though I keep them shut when rinsing) and flares up my psoriasis, bollox.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 am 
Ninja Master

Samy also admitted that they animal test, Fezza. I was bummed when I found this out because their whole range is vegan!! :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:56 am 

Whaaaaa??? croissants!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:28 am 
Ninja Master

Yeah someone posted it in here before somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:31 am 

Urgh, I missed that, thanks for letting me know, I'll not get any more of their conditioner when this one runs out then.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:11 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm really liking the new Tara Smith vegan haircare range in M&S - I've been using the Gorgeous Gentle (or summat poncified like that) conditioner for a few weeks since my L'Occitane one ran out, and it's lovely.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:14 am 

Ruby Rose wrote:
I'm really liking the new Tara Smith vegan haircare range in M&S - I've been using the Gorgeous Gentle (or summat poncified like that) conditioner for a few weeks since my L'Occitane one ran out, and it's lovely.

Oooooo, ta! I've been looking for Tara Smith in Tesco but can't find it here, I'll try M&S for it! <3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:44 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Is it not marked on the Barry M site what is vegan anymore or am I missing something?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:31 am 
Ninja Master

fisticuffs wrote:
Is it not marked on the Barry M site what is vegan anymore or am I missing something?

hmmm weird, the symbols do seem to be missing!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

baps wrote:
fisticuffs wrote:

hmmm weird, the symbols do seem to be missing!!

You need to click on 'Ingredients' now, the v symbols are there.

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:58 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

If anyone has dry sensitive skin I recommend Lavera body lotion. I get seriously dry sore skin on my hands, the kind that cracks and bleeds when I make a fist. So far this winter I haven't had the cracking, bleeding or that raw red colour. Just the dry skin part. It's great! Most lotions and creams I have a reaction to.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:02 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Thanks jojo!

Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next