| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 141  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Pics of your (human) kids!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:15 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

madam dahlia, they are just lovely, wow!
and refinnej, Freya is sooooo cute and happy-looking!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:45 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Audrey, sienna is so cute! I can't believe how much she's grown. I haven't seen her in awhile. And oh course, dahlia as always. That pump picture is AMAZING! E's expression makes it. Freya has such a pretty smile. Sven has grown so much! I'm sure I'm leaving someone out, but I so enjoy this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Where did all these new pictures come from? I swear I was just caught up!

Here's Will after sharing a burrito with me...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:00 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Bedtime snuggles from the big brother.
(I was in the dark and used my cell for this pic so its not great quality unfortunately)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:04 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

It is a Christmas miracle that any of these came out, I feel like the entire time we tried to get a picture, he was trying to get the hell out of there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:28 pm 

md, those are lovely pics (and lovely babies too :) )

suh, I try to take pics of Freya in bed all the time, but don't have any luck because of light....that is very cute and snuggly.

Henry is adorable! I feel the same way about xmas pics. I posted on FB that I took about 60 pictures and we have 2 (2!) that we thought were card-worthy. Love love the leggings!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:27 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Lots of extra cute pictures recently! I guess I haven't posted any pictures of Carlos in a while. Here he is Thanksgiving weekend when we visited the mall in Arizona. He was in the "crawling" section of the mall play area. It is supposed to be for kids who are crawling only, but all the big kids kept jumping in there not looking where they were going and I had to really hover over him.

Carlos in a rocket ship!

With Santa! He was supposed to still be wearing the cute pajamas, but it didn't work out that way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:29 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

The best part was when Carlos tried to pull Santa's beard and Santa said (very quietly) "that's real."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:44 pm 
Nooch of Earl

The crawler gym is such a good idea!! Too bad other kids weren't respecting it. It's nice when a playground is thoughtfully designed for all ages, though. He looks so cute on that little plane! (Though a little sketched out by Santa! Who isn't, though...)

ETA: Bap, those photos are amazingly good! I have about the same ratio of useable to unuseable ones whenever I bust out my decent camera, but those ones were totally worth the effort! They'll make great cards.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:48 pm 
Semen Strong

Carlos looks so cute! We have two malls with great little toddler play grounds in them, but yes, the problem is that those malls don't have play areas for bigger kids, and any parents with more than 1 kid will put all their kids into the toddler area to play. At the one closest to us, there is a height chart and its right by the mall police, but its still always full of giant kids jumping around the equipment and shoving hapless toddlers out of the way.

So far, I have never seen the parents of the older kids, who are often sitting right there, intervene. This one kid grabbed Leela, who was standing by a mirror, by her shoulders and shoved her to the ground. His mom didn't say a word. A few minutes later he tripped over my foot while running, which I am attributing to karmic payback.

Bap, I love the pictures!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:00 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yes, the mall play areas are insanely dangerous from crazy older kids (who won't even take off their shoes as the signs require) and non-interventionist parents, but still worth it on a cold day.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:04 pm 
Semen Strong

We have been doing good indoor playdates at people's houses. Tons of toys that aren't yours, good snacks and attentive parents. So much better than the mall with its gross germyness, overcrowding and giant kids.

The mall will probably get better after the holidays, but for right now, I'd rather avoid them like the plague.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ariann wrote:
Yes, the mall play areas are insanely dangerous from crazy older kids (who won't even take off their shoes as the signs require) and non-interventionist parents, but still worth it on a cold day.

At least the kids took their shoes off, but it was just weird to see all the parents not even caring.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 pm 

We have this problem on the outdoor playground. Babynut fearlessly plows through any and all big kid games much to my chagrin. She kept walking into a game and stealing a soccer ball the other day. It's hard to stop her and the kids are just running around like crazy...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:21 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Bap those are adorable!

And that is a great picture of Carlos with Santa. The outfit definitely works even though they are not the pjs!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:07 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Isn't it funny how preschoolers used to seem so little and cute but when you have an infant/toddler they start to look like lumbering cave trolls?

I usually feel like big kids are the biggest threat in playgrounds/play spaces. They're not old enough to look where they're going, and V likes to climb up slides from the bottom, or - now that she's at the point where she can easily climb those stupid stairs that playground equipment has - side note, why can't it be something a little harder to climb onto in the first place so you don't have to constantly extract a little kid from the area at top of the slide? Around here there is usually one side with stairs, one side with just a giant 4' drop off, one side with a slide, and one side with a rope ladder or ladder rungs. I hate these things!!! Anyway, she can get up the stairs, and makes a beeline to the slide, tries to go down belly first but gets stuck, and while I'm trying to extract her there's some lumbering 3 year old oaf who is pressing on her with his feet trying to push down the slide afterwards. It makes me stabby.

She also sprinted off in front of the big kid swings once and got a solid couple of older kid feet planted in her back, and flew a couple feet facefirst into the sand. Luckily, she was fine, but that was Not a Good Day. Now we avoid the playground on weekends.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:26 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Quote:
Isn't it funny how preschoolers used to seem so little and cute but when you have an infant/toddler they start to look like lumbering cave trolls?

you have no idea how funny this statement is to me. as soon as zaffy was born, little baby e went straight to lumbering cave troll status.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:04 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Awww Bap those christmas photos are so cute! I am so bummed we didn't make it anywhere to get nice pics this year. My cell phone ones always turn out blurry, especially in my living room which is pretty dark. Anyway, here's one of the best ones I got today - we celebrated christmas early because we're flying out to Canada on Friday for a week. This is right before he tore into his gifts:

And here's a video of him playing with his favorite thing he got today: a big cardboard box filled with peanuts. He must have played in it for a good half hour, probably more, until the entire living room was covered in peanuts.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:46 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I can't believe how enormous Kai is these days! He's having so much fun in that box of peanuts! (V's favorite toy right now is the box that the plastic cartons of apples come in from Costco. It's an airplane, it's a car, it's a train!)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:54 pm 
Semen Strong

I find this hilarious. Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:48 am 
Smuggling Raisins

Ahhh this is so wonderful!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:08 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Annak, bigger kids at the playground are kind of the bane of my existence. I don't want to feel as crabby about them as I do, but it's like kids hit a certain age and all their regard for other kids around them disappears. The Emperor is better about being mindful around smaller kids and babies at age 3 than the like 3rd/4th graders we run into... By far.

Also, Leela + B = adorbs. I love her expression a lot.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:52 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Leela is so adorable. I think I say it everytime I pop in this thread. She's just too cute!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:26 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Hi, I'm new to the forum...

This is my daughter Raphaëlle on her second birthday last month

... and right now, with Peace, her favourite teddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:35 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh she is lovely! She looks like a tiny angel in the first one!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 141  Next