| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 104  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:28 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

mandycoot wrote:
I'm scared reading about all the toothy troubles! Sven hasn't cut a new tooth after the first six in five months or so, so I'm nervous it's going to happen all at once.

Will popped 4 or 5 within a 2-week period and it didn't bother him a bit... so you just never know!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:18 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

kdub wrote:
mandycoot wrote:
I'm scared reading about all the toothy troubles! Sven hasn't cut a new tooth after the first six in five months or so, so I'm nervous it's going to happen all at once.

Will popped 4 or 5 within a 2-week period and it didn't bother him a bit... so you just never know!

It's true! Henry was the same way, I didn't know his bottom two were coming in until they popped through, and then he got his top four within a few weeks and they didn't seem to trouble him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 pm 
Saggy Butt

Sven is 11 months today! He has taken 4 steps at the most and frequently takes a few little steps at a time, so I'm hoping full-on walking will happen soon. He babbles a lot and knows a few signs, and I *think* he might be saying "dada" now officially. What blows me away most right now is his dexterity. I had no idea babies could be so delicate and refine their movements so much. He's expertly manipulating lots of things with his hands, which is super cool to see and makes me excited that I may have a crafter in the making. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Sven's hair is so amazing! He looks like he coordinated his necklace to his red hair!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:44 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

bap wrote:
kdub wrote:
mandycoot wrote:

It's true! Henry was the same way, I didn't know his bottom two were coming in until they popped through, and then he got his top four within a few weeks and they didn't seem to trouble him.

yep Dahlia never seemed troubled by teething and she had a mouth full of teeth by her 1st bday! Sierra, on the other hand, has been working on her first 2 for months and they just FINALLY got through the gums. She is uber-cranky and well, I feel like a broken record saying this about every Sierra-related issue, but it's just so much dang harder with her than it was with Dahlia! Her papa is at the end of his rope and I don't know what to do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Oh my goodness Mandy, he looks like he's like 2. That hair! Love it.

We've been wondering if M would be a bit slower on the verbal stuff than E because he did all the physical stuff sooner. But over the past week, he's gone from having two-ish words ("hi", which he's said for a while, and "dah-ee" which seems to be either Daddy or doggy depending on context) to having something like five: hi, daddy/doggy, mama, Grey (gee), cereal (see-ul), and this. Everything in the world is one of these words to him!

I checked and this is about where E was at this age though his list of words was totally different. Daddy/mama, uh oh, and then mostly animal noises. He loved animal noises.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:24 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

coldandsleepy wrote:
Oh my goodness Mandy, he looks like he's like 2. That hair! Love it.

We've been wondering if M would be a bit slower on the verbal stuff than E because he did all the physical stuff sooner. But over the past week, he's gone from having two-ish words ("hi", which he's said for a while, and "dah-ee" which seems to be either Daddy or doggy depending on context) to having something like five: hi, daddy/doggy, mama, Grey (gee), cereal (see-ul), and this. Everything in the world is one of these words to him!

I checked and this is about where E was at this age though his list of words was totally different. Daddy/mama, uh oh, and then mostly animal noises. He loved animal noises.

I've heard that with siblings, the younger sometimes doesn't worry about learning to talk as soon because they've got a big sibling to do it for them. I keep thinking my younger one will talk early and a lot of parents I know said it worked out that their younger kids waited.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:27 pm 
Married to the wolfman

bodhi wrote:
I've heard that with siblings, the younger sometimes doesn't worry about learning to talk as soon because they've got a big sibling to do it for them. I keep thinking my younger one will talk early and a lot of parents I know said it worked out that their younger kids waited.

Yeah, I was expecting him to be later because I'm the third of five in a VERY verbal family (and certainly very verbal as an adult), and I didn't really talk at all until I was 2. The joke is that I've never stopped since...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:56 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Took the kids for immunizations yesterday, and they were so fantastic! Isaiah hasn't had any that he can remember (all done as a wee one), but he got his kindergarten shots - he watched the nurse do it (eeep!) and didn't cry. He was a super good sport. Little Z cried during, and was calm shortly after. All day I was expecting slight crankiness, but they were both so laid back and in great moods.

Zephyr is sitting steadily all on his own now - for the whole last week actually. It has been wonderful. I love that I can sit him down on a blanket and fold laundry next to him while he plays. He's so good at entertaining himself and playing independently. But he loves it more when Isaiah plays with him. They will seriously just sit and giggle at each other.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:19 pm 
Semen Strong

Ariann, I've been thinking about you and Malka. Remember when our friend's daughter N fell off the chart at 15 months? She was absolutely fine - just hit a developmental and growth spurt in height and needed a wee bit to catch up weightwise. She was back on the chart by the next visit.

Sven looks so cute! Love the amber teething necklace and thinking of getting one just because its SO PRETTY.

Today we learned the signs for "Happy Hanukkah" and we're going to our first Hanukkah potluck on Sunday. Oh and L is going to the first wedding she's ever been invited to on Saturday. Oh and a Christmas pageant featuring a dog as the Christmas Angel on Sunday. Holiday funtimes!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:32 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

What a cutie Sven is! I feel like we haven't seen a pic of him in ages. All these babies that seem like they were just born yesterday...now walking and talking!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:07 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish wrote:
Ariann, I've been thinking about you and Malka. Remember when our friend's daughter N fell off the chart at 15 months? She was absolutely fine - just hit a developmental and growth spurt in height and needed a wee bit to catch up weightwise. She was back on the chart by the next visit.

Sven looks so cute! Love the amber teething necklace and thinking of getting one just because its SO PRETTY.

Today we learned the signs for "Happy Hanukkah" and we're going to our first Hanukkah potluck on Sunday. Oh and L is going to the first wedding she's ever been invited to on Saturday. Oh and a Christmas pageant featuring a dog as the Christmas Angel on Sunday. Holiday funtimes!

Thanks for reminding me about N!

I'm expecting L to sign Happy Chanukah to Malka on Saturday!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:04 pm 
Semen Strong

Ariann wrote:
Thanks for reminding me about N!

I'm expecting L to sign Happy Chanukah to Malka on Saturday!

We are at a wedding :) If you want to come along, please sit next to me and Leela and stop me rolling my eyes. :)

Otherwise, L and I'll sign Happy Chanukah at Malka this week if you're around!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:29 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I forgot about your wedding and hoped we would run into each other at the hurricane sandy benefit thingamajigger that maybe I wrongly thought you had invited me to. Now I am all confused, what else is new.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:13 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

coldandsleepy wrote:

Yeah, I was expecting him to be later because I'm the third of five in a VERY verbal family (and certainly very verbal as an adult), and I didn't really talk at all until I was 2. The joke is that I've never stopped since...

Sam was 2.5 when he really started talking. I was worried but now, dude, I cant shut him up. He's a lean mean talkin' machine lol :P

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:47 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm the third child and barely spoke until I was 3... I now speak 3 languages, if that's any help!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:55 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

My brother didn't talk until well into his second year, and now he's teaching English in South Korea! Henry doesn't have any words, but loves putting his hand up to his ear and grunting "Huh!" when we say hello or telephone. He also has this cute fake cough he does when we try to get him to "answer the phone" and he doesn't want to. This is sort of like how he claps almost exclusively when he's trying to avoid settling down for a nap.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:06 pm 
***LIES!!!***

bap wrote:
This is sort of like how he claps almost exclusively when he's trying to avoid settling down for a nap.

That is freaking adorable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:15 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

D is now cruising. What is going on? Two weeks go she couldn't even get into a sitting position by herself. Now she is pulling herself up and just cruising around the living room like it ain't no thang.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:59 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

If it wasn't for this forum I would be totally freaking out about where Milo is verbally. He'll be in two in a little over a month, and we really had to go out of our way to get him to start talking. Many of his "words" are very unclear. A lot of the time he just uses similar tones (His "I love you" is "Oo ooo OOOOOO." But, I can tell he understands us very well, and he is very noticeably using more words in the last month or two.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:37 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Grey used his first sign yesterday! I haven't really been teaching him any signs, but sometimes when he is finished eating I use the all done sign and he used it twice yesterday! So cool. Maybe I should see if he wants to learn more of them! He is also getting more verbal by the day and I feel like he is really understanding us and he is exerting opinions better, not just crying when he doesn't get something. Yesterday we were going outside for a walk and he wanted his bunny and I was holding him, but he let me know and he was so happy when I picked Bun up and gave it to him. Seriously, each month keeps getting better!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:10 am 
Semen Strong

Oh yay Grey! How cool is that!

I love our ASL class - its a fun playdate with other awesome moms, we sing songs and she really ends up learning a lot. I bought the books and the video but in the class she sees its not just random things mom does but an actual way of talking to others.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:42 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Magician has another word - "ball".

The molars aren't in yet... his gums still look gruesome, black and blue pretty much everywhere. But he popped another non-molar tooth out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

D has started to use the sign for done during meal times.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela started to sing the ABC song. Its recognizable. I cried.

I am just in awe of how they learn, these little people that we share our lives with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2583 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 104  Next