| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381 ... 619  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:39 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Yikes, cardiac appointment? Are you ok 8ball? (If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine of course. I don't mean to ask too personal questions, just expressing concern.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:32 pm 
Impressive boner

Thanks for your concern Rhiz, I'm fine and dandy. I've been having quite a few palpitations over the last year and an ECG didn't show anything unusual, but since my mother has a back-to-front heart with a hole in it my doctor wants me to wear a monitor for a week just to see if anything unusual is recorded.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:08 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

acr wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
Not to rub it in, ACR

I DON'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU.

Believe. It's delicious. And they have donuts there too and cinnamon rolls and all the regular ice cream toppings veganized and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:50 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

you new englanders are mean! i'd almost want to go back, if i could move into the apartment i left in somerville, and if nyc weren't the BEST CITY EVER. like we don't have donuts and ice cream. you know what else we have? trains that run 24/7! puppet shows about the evils of dogfighting! i can have vegan pizza delivered from any one of three pizza places in my neighborhood! i can buy pints of lula's ice cream at the grocery store! judah friedlander once kicked my friend in the leg while trying to squeeze behind her chair in atlas, and she jumped and got frosting from her oreo cream donut on her nose!

[writes "grasshopper" 5,000 times on a sheet of tear-spattered paper]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:51 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

acr wrote:
you new englanders are mean! i'd almost want to go back, if i could move into the apartment i left in somerville, and if nyc weren't the BEST CITY EVER. like we don't have donuts and ice cream. you know what else we have? trains that run 24/7! puppet shows about the evils of dogfighting! i can have vegan pizza delivered from any one of three pizza places in my neighborhood! i can buy pints of lula's ice cream at the grocery store! judah friedlander once kicked my friend in the leg while trying to squeeze behind her chair in atlas, and she jumped and got frosting from her oreo cream donut on her nose!

NYC is big and scary and for visiting, not living in. /personalbelief /hermit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:54 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

8ball wrote:
Thanks for your concern Rhiz, I'm fine and dandy. I've been having quite a few palpitations over the last year and an ECG didn't show anything unusual, but since my mother has a back-to-front heart with a hole in it my doctor wants me to wear a monitor for a week just to see if anything unusual is recorded.

hope it all turns out well. i had to do that a few years ago for the same reasons, turns out i have a rather insignificant hole, never knew about it and it never bothered me. the monitor is fun, if you do have any palpitations you have to call a service and the machine makes these funky alien beep-beep-boop-boop noises. Thoroughly amusing, but I recommend not going anywhere you need to pass through a metal detector when you're wearing it [learned that the hard way, courthouse was a bad idea, hehe] Take care!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm 

acr wrote:

That's pretty much what I was going to say. I would feel bad, but NYC has everything. I'm hoping to toughen up and go for a visit to eat all of the things. And MOO SHOES! Although we do have Sudo Shoes, but it's on the other end of the world. (I live in JP.)

Speaking of, the best thing about my day will be if Peace O' Pie delivers to JP tonight. I will eat pizza and drink wine and watch vamps.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i love JP! i used to live in roslindale, when i worked at angell. there was a thrift store on centre street that always had free people stuff for, like, $10.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:18 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Visit NYC! Eat all the things and buy shoes and pet the cats at Moo Shoes! And and and! Oh there's so much.
Clearly I just returned from visiting and am psyched about returning. I'd have a hard time living there, but visiting is something I could do time and time and time again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:31 pm 
Nailed to the V

(sent this big report to my Professor. Proud, releived, happy)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:34 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

acr wrote:

man! we have different experiences living here! I expect that has to do with vegan options in brooklyn vs queens. i wish i could love NYC that much! But I have seen judah freidlander walking around. that was pretty cool. Maybe if I left my house more, I'd feel differently.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:40 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

SCREW YOU ALL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:45 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Fee wrote:
SCREW YOU ALL

no kidding. *gnashes teeth*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:47 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

My 6-pack of hotdogs had 7 hotdogs in it!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 pm 

Fee wrote:
SCREW YOU ALL

The problem is, that I can't afford to eat at any of these awesome places or go anywhere cool. Life!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:05 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

The only good thing about today is that I got a text from my guy saying he misses me. Everything else sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:18 pm 
Impressive boner

torque wrote:
Thoroughly amusing, but I recommend not going anywhere you need to pass through a metal detector when you're wearing it [learned that the hard way, courthouse was a bad idea, hehe] Take care!

I was in two minds about using the microwave earlier!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:23 pm 

8ball wrote:
torque wrote:
Thoroughly amusing, but I recommend not going anywhere you need to pass through a metal detector when you're wearing it [learned that the hard way, courthouse was a bad idea, hehe] Take care!

I was in two minds about using the microwave earlier!

Wilson had to do it. I had to go into the exam room with him to translate, which was super fun with the nurse shaving his chest and everything.

ETA: I hope you get good news, 8ball!

Torque--they didn't think they ought to patch the hole?

Last edited by ndpittman on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:23 pm 
Inflexitarian

caterpillar wrote:
My 6-pack of hotdogs had 7 hotdogs in it!

I love when that happens, when I get extra food :D

My Conscious Box arrived today and I got a super sweet thank you card. I LOVE thank you cards. I don't expect to get them but they certainly do make my day.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:37 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

ndpittman wrote:
Torque--they didn't think they ought to patch the hole?

Nope, I've apparently had it all my life, played competitive sports without problems, never had a problem with my oxygen saturation, so no need to [it's little, and it was interesting seeing it compared to the hole my daughter had, which was so gaping that you could hear the noise it made without even having your ear touch her chest- and definitely had to be repaired].

Wilson could have gone to my cardiologist- who was Brazilian, from the city we moved to! Small world.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:40 pm 

That IS random!

I was asking because my friend had something similar, but they didn't know about it until she had a stroke. She's fine now and everything. They patched her. I'm not sure what size the hole was.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:58 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Mine are both academic!

Last night I noticed my department had opened a second section of the class I need to take next semester to graduate on time. I'd been waitlisted for the other section for some time and have been really, really stressed about it. (Another semester would end up being about another 10k for me.) It's actually at a better time for me anyway. Win!

Then just now, my advisor okayed me for an elective that will mean my schedule is just Tuesday/Thursday... no commuting a third day! I cannot tell you how happy and relieved that makes me.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:05 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

ndpittman wrote:
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
RC--where is this magical gym/vegan restaurant combination?

The restaurant is Peace O'Pie. They have really been making a wide variety of yummy desserts lately! And then there is some sort of gym place right nearby where my coworker does martial arts. Not sure what the name of it is.

Aha! Peace O' Pie has some mighty fine desserts! That's where I got the cookie that was bigger than my face! They've also been messing around with doughnuts. They updated Facebook today to say they're thinking about experimenting with jelly doughnuts. If I can get a Boston creme pie doughnut, I'd be in heaven.

Not a doughnut, obviously, but the Boston cream cake/pie in VPiTs is phenomenal. BCP is my dad's favorite dessert, and it won him over.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:35 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

ijustdiedinside wrote:
acr wrote:

man! we have different experiences living here! I expect that has to do with vegan options in brooklyn vs queens. i wish i could love NYC that much! But I have seen judah freidlander walking around. that was pretty cool. Maybe if I left my house more, I'd feel differently.

going outside is, in my experience at least, pretty key to the ooshy-gooshy lovestruck new york experience. leave your house and come to mine! i have cool celebrities! i can walk you right up to john hodgman's window! we'll order pizza and laugh at all the sad vegans who can't live it up new york style!

really, i don't have much money, either. if i didn't have the coop, there would never be money for extras. or i'd have to cancel my phone and internet and do all my work via library wifi (this day might come yet). i thought about moving to queens the last time i had to move, and the only thing that gave me serious pause was that i had no idea what would happen to me re: groceries. i could live without the restaurants, but not without the bulk bins and $1/pound organic potatoes/apples/kabocha. and i got SO lucky to find an apartment i could afford. i still can't believe i live here. i'm half-afraid to have people over, because i know how hard it is to find a reasonably priced, decent-sized apartment in an o.k. neighborhood, and i watch law & order, and i can sort of imagine someone killing me for this place.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:40 pm 

Makes sense! i've been to the coop and i know it's pretty magical! I have pretty much everything I want in terms of ethnic foods in the grocery, but nothing organic, nothing bulk. I have to go to whole foods for all my specialty vegan items besides soymilk and tofu. i actually really like my neighborhood, but it's not very vegan. however, we did just get a 16 Handles, so I can actually go out for ice cream (sorbet) whatever and all the toppings I want. I REALLY shouldn't complain because I totally have it better than others. I just find it hard to love new york on a tight budget.
hodgman and i are already BFFs, though.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11435373@N ... 5658933857

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381 ... 619  Next