| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Happy Herbivore Abroad by Lindsay S Nixon
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:31 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

lavawitch wrote:
linanil wrote:
Yeah, I always feel cheated if a cookbook has drink recipes. I can understand having 1 page in the appendix or something that lists 20 drinks on a single page but 1 drink per page? Or is it actually multiple drinks per page?

I kind of like the recipes in Urban Vegan. I guess the fit the vibe of the book, plus they don't exactly cut into the content.

I love drink recipes in cookbooks and wish more cookbooks included them. Having a fancy drink bumps a meal up to another level. The Bloody Moskowitz is one of my favorite recipes in Vegan Brunch.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:46 pm 
WRETCHED

Yeah and maybe that is just personal preference but I can't remember what other book I bought that had an entire chapter of drinks and I was so annoyed. I don't drink much other than water, iced tea and the occasional coke zero though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:08 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Lemondroplet wrote:
Fee wrote:
You registered today and made one post and you're already annoyed with something that's done here. Man, sounds unpleasant.

I was registered and would post very frequently about a year ago and a stopped because people on this site can be so unwelcoming and judgmental at times but I still occasionally read the forums

You mean your real email isn't 'ppksuks'? This is so sad and pathetic. How often were you checking the thread and waiting to troll it?

We're a forum about cooking and community. We have tons of authors who are active members here, who participate in their own threads and answer questions (check out the Artisan Cheese thread to see how dedicated Miyoko is to helping people troubleshoot her book), so I don't want to hear shiitake about how 'Isa can't handle competition' or cliques or whatever excuse you want to make. It's sad that I have to say that I wish our members knew better than to bring that up, because I shouldn't have to say, "Hey, if you talk about that, the trolls will come." I can't even say much else than that, can I? What can I say that isn't going to be used as 'ppkers are crassholes' or such?

If I close this thread, we're crassholes.
If I delete it, we're crassholes*.
When I ban the troll, I will be a crasshole. This is not because of what the troll is saying, it's a rule and a pretty common one that people who sign up just to harass other members get banned. If you actually had a real account and think we're jerkwads anyway, you could've used that one.
If I leave it open and more people dare to say less-than-nice things about this book, we're crassholes.
Please, tell me what course of action i'm supposed to take beyond sending out a mass message to every member that tells them if they can't say anything totally positive about a cookbook, they shouldn't say anything at all, will make us not be crassholes. I can't think of one. I also can't currently ask Isa about this and since it's her reputation that's tied to these forums and not mine,

SO. I am just going to politely, gently, loving, ask our members to stop posting in this thread for dramz or lolz or whateverz. Then I don't have to close it so i'm not 'censoring' anyone who wants to talk about how awesome the book is. Some people who post here genuinely have no idea what the frig this is all about. If the troll wants to troll and sign up again, go ahead. I feel that no matter what your point is, using an anonymous email to sign up for a forum to talk shiitake always makes YOU (and sometimes the person you are representing) look bad. I have said some things in the past that I regret saying for various reasons, but my name is on them and I will fully admit that I said them AND that I wish I hadn't because people sometimes make mistakes and get into it with people they shouldn't.

And finally, did you know that if you donate to Farm Sanctuary before the end of the year, your donation will be matched? Look at this forking turkey. His name is Tibbot. Don't you want to sponsor this majestic creature?

http://www.farmsanctuary.org/giving/ado ... rm-animal/

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:05 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Okay, the decision is that we lock it and leave it. We can't have threads about Happy Herbivore because the trolls always come out. We've tried for the past two years to be the bigger people and it's not working, so it's someone else's turn to try that.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3