| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 241  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:52 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Wow, she sounds like a treat! Maybe she thinks riling people up is a good start to a spicy relationship.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:57 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I don't understand why'd people would take the time to troll people on a dating site?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:10 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

fupapack wrote:
I don't understand why'd people would take the time to troll people on a dating site?

I don't know. Sometimes people will write that you shouldn't bother messaging them if all they have to say is "Hey, what's up?" So sometimes I'll lead off with that as a joke. I almost always write more after that and it's always sent to women I'm interested in. But it's probably not nearly as cute as I think it is.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:06 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I don't think so, I think it pay to be earnest on OKC because not everyone is into sarcasm or it will come off as a cheap joke as it's hard to infer intention at times over the internet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:07 am 

fupapack wrote:
I don't think so, I think it pay to be earnest on OKC because not everyone is into sarcasm or it will come off as a cheap joke as it's hard to infer intention at times over the internet.

That's true.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:08 am 

fupapack wrote:
And I just got this message "I like your hair...it reminds me of bozo the clowns pubes" what is wrong with people? i also looked at the questions she had answered and apparently she likes racist jokes! Wheee!

Barely related: I answered the question about whether it's okay for women to have short hair, and commented that I think short hair on women is beautiful. A guy sent me a message that said "Just so you know, some men think short hair on girls is unattractive. :)" It's quite clear in my pictures that I'm a girl with short hair so I told him that was a pretty ridiculous message to send. He said "Oh, no, your hair isn't 'short,' your hair is cute. You don't look like a man." Uh, thanks guy?

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 am 

kilgore trout wrote:
fupapack wrote:
And I just got this message "I like your hair...it reminds me of bozo the clowns pubes" what is wrong with people? i also looked at the questions she had answered and apparently she likes racist jokes! Wheee!

Barely related: I answered the question about whether it's okay for women to have short hair, and commented that I think short hair on women is beautiful. A guy sent me a message that said "Just so you know, some men think short hair on girls is unattractive. :)" It's quite clear in my pictures that I'm a girl with short hair so I told him that was a pretty ridiculous message to send. He said "Oh, no, your hair isn't 'short,' your hair is cute. You don't look like a man." Uh, thanks guy?

I was dating a woman once who had the most beautiful long blond hair. Then she shaved it all off. Not like Mia Farrow in "Rosemary's Baby" but Natalie Portman in "V for Vendetta." At first I was kind of bummed about it. But I grew to think it was absolutely badass and hella sexy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:16 am 
WRETCHED

I once had an ex boyfriend tell me that he'd be very upset if I cut my hair. We broke up shortly after that (unrelated) and I totally went for a short hair cut.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:55 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Chiming in a bit late on this, but if I were fupa, the deal breaker would be does not ride a bike. Especially if you're broke and don't drive. How you gonna get around without a bike? How am I going to take you on any of my romantic ride a bike to (place) dates if you got no bike?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:11 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Olives wrote:
Chiming in a bit late on this, but if I were fupa, the deal breaker would be does not ride a bike. Especially if you're broke and don't drive. How you gonna get around without a bike? How am I going to take you on any of my romantic ride a bike to (place) dates if you got no bike?

She lives in a neighborhood where there isn't much going and suggested the one bar over there that's a dumpy faux irish pub. I suggested a beer bar a few blocks over and she said she didn't want to go. I now realize it's because she didn't want to walk over there. I mean that makes her world incredibly small. so yeah if we went anywhere I'd have to drive and I make a point not to drive around my city because it's so small and it's quite wasteful.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:13 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

JonnyWoop wrote:
fupapack wrote:

I don't know. Sometimes people will write that you shouldn't bother messaging them if all they have to say is "Hey, what's up?" So sometimes I'll lead off with that as a joke. I almost always write more after that and it's always sent to women I'm interested in. But it's probably not nearly as cute as I think it is.

It's not...I have a similar caveat (about sending a wink. God I forking hate winks) and when people send one then go "haha naw, just kidding" it's an immediate mark against them.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:21 am 

fupapack wrote:
Olives wrote:

She lives in a neighborhood where there isn't much going and suggested the one bar over there that's a dumpy faux irish pub. I suggested a beer bar a few blocks over and she said she didn't want to go. I now realize it's because she didn't want to walk over there. I mean that makes her world incredibly small. so yeah if we went anywhere I'd have to drive and I make a point not to drive around my city because it's so small and it's quite wasteful.

Does your city not have public transit? That must suck for her!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:26 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

We have public transport but it's very expensive and not too helpful unless you need to get to a college. I don't know that I have too much sympathy for her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:38 am 

fupapack wrote:
We have public transport but it's very expensive and not too helpful unless you need to get to a college. I don't know that I have too much sympathy for her.

As someone who's terrified of biking if there is a car anywhere nearby and doesn't drive, I can't imagine living somewhere without decent public transit. If I'm going someplace that's less than a 45 minute walk I just walk, though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:43 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

strawberryrock wrote:
fupapack wrote:

As someone who's terrified of biking if there is a car anywhere nearby and doesn't drive, I can't imagine living somewhere without decent public transit. If I'm going someplace that's less than a 45 minute walk I just walk, though.

Well the thing is she was talking about her bike that she used to have in college in Minneapolis so she's not afraid to bike in traffic. She also flat out said she isn't really willing to walk to places that aren't in the immediate vicinity, like the beer bar I wanted to go to was maybe a 20-25 minute walk from her neighborhood. She does drive but refuses to learn to drive stick, so it all adds up to an air of laziness to me. That is why I don't have much sympathy. If she was afraid of biking and had to rely on public transportation I would feel for her but most things on the east side are within a 45 minute walk.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 pm 
Nailed to the V

fupapack wrote:

because it's hilarious. But only if they ask for it, like the time a woman didn't think mushrooms were vegan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:31 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

GuiltyofBeingSprite wrote:
fupapack wrote:

because it's hilarious. But only if they ask for it, like the time a woman didn't think mushrooms were vegan.

haw haw!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:36 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

GuiltyofBeingSprite wrote:

Fungus is alive you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:25 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Fezza where you at! I saw something FB official! wheeeeee!

And its actually getting really good with my long-distanceish biology-permaculture lady. In the beginning I was a bit scared about her moving too fast and she put on the breaks and gave me some time and I'm really glad I eventually went camping with her and now...well, not trying to make far-off plans because I'm still working on being in the moment about it, not having expectations and such, but, yeah. I am all aflutter. I'm still weird about wanting to define it maybe? But does it really matter?

So maybe I'll be joining the "long distance relationship" thread some time soon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:05 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

lycophyte wrote:
Fezza where you at! I saw something FB official! wheeeeee!

And its actually getting really good with my long-distanceish biology-permaculture lady. In the beginning I was a bit scared about her moving too fast and she put on the breaks and gave me some time and I'm really glad I eventually went camping with her and now...well, not trying to make far-off plans because I'm still working on being in the moment about it, not having expectations and such, but, yeah. I am all aflutter. I'm still weird about wanting to define it maybe? But does it really matter?

So maybe I'll be joining the "long distance relationship" thread some time soon.

Bwahahaaa! Yep, it's 7 weeks now and he raised the subject of facebook relationship status earlier. I hadn't thought about it really, any keen eyes would spot there was something going on by our photo linking, so wasn't really bothered about doing it. He decided he wouldn't do it, if I wasn't really into it so I said "sod it, I'm changing it when I get home". He had his changed by the time I was home, hehe!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:29 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yay, Fezza!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:20 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

That's so awesome, Fezza!

I got an interesting message from a guy from my town saying, "you live here? let's hook up sometime" Yeah no

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:02 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Hey my vegan peeps. I searched for this question but found only one reference in this thread.
...Will you date someone who lists fishing/hunting as an interest in their profile? I have been telling people who list one or both as an interest that I'm not interested, but now I'm second-guessing myself. Your thoughts are welcome.

My new online dating blog: http://oklavafish.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:47 pm 
WRETCHED

I wouldn't have dated a hunter as a non-vegan. If you aren't comfortable with it, no reason to try to force it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 pm 

evolvedtriangle wrote:
Hey my vegan peeps. I searched for this question but found only one reference in this thread.
...Will you date someone who lists fishing/hunting as an interest in their profile? I have been telling people who list one or both as an interest that I'm not interested, but now I'm second-guessing myself. Your thoughts are welcome.

I wouldn't be able to. I think it's totally valid for those things to be dealbreakers.

P.S. Yayyy Fezza!

I guess I have a Twitter now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6004 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 241  Next