| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1189, 1190, 1191, 1192, 1193, 1194, 1195 ... 1828  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:13 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

The best is ending a phone call or voicemail with "Bye, love ya!" when you're not talking to someone with whom you're actually on a "love ya" basis.

Also, when you go "hang on a sec, I can't find my phone"...while you're on the phone.

Not that I've ever done any such thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:12 am 
And you never will.

I have so much left to do tonight, but I just can't. I'm so tired I'm sick*. As soon as the cupcakes I just pulled out of the oven are cool enough to wrap, I'm going to bed.

*Warning: TMI and gross:
Spoiler: show
When I get really, truly exhausted, I get nauseated and eventually throw up. That's my body's way of telling me that I really can't go much further without passing out (I have learned that the hard way). So, once I puke, that's it. I have to stop.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:09 am 
Impressive boner

poopiebitch wrote:
I have so much left to do tonight, but I just can't. I'm so tired I'm sick*. As soon as the cupcakes I just pulled out of the oven are cool enough to wrap, I'm going to bed.

When I get really, truly exhausted, I get nauseated and eventually throw up. That's my body's way of telling me that I really can't go much further without passing out (I have learned that the hard way). So, once I puke, that's it. I have to stop.

Oh dear :( Hope you get plenty of rest and feel better soon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:19 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm studying for a contemporary religions exam, specifically on UFO spirituality, and now I'm too afraid to go out in the kitchen because its dark and the alien from Serial Experiments Lain might be there, watching, waiting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:38 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

poopiebitch wrote:

Oh you poor thing; that's awful. I hope you are in bed now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:31 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I've decided to apply for this online post-baccalaureate certificate in environmental policy through one branch of my state's university system. They can only accept the enroll information through internet explorer or [shudder] Netscape. (Do you even remember what Netscape is? I have really vague memories of it from when I was a tween)

Which means I can't enroll from my home mac computer and have to do it at work. But I forgot to email myself my personal statement or put it on dropbox so now I have to wait until monday to enroll because I won't even be going back to my apartment until Sunday (so maaaybe from the library if I get back early enough on Sunday).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:04 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

The obnoxious morning radio DJ on my station of choice (er, default, when I'm driving) was being even more obnoxious than usual this morning. Someone had called in concerned that his son wanted an Easy Bake Oven for Christmas, and, you know, that's not possible because they're pink! The DJ was encouraging what I'm sure he thought was an interesting debate on whether it's okay to buy boys "girl toys." I wanted to punch my radio.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:19 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

lillianp wrote:
I've decided to apply for this online post-baccalaureate certificate in environmental policy through one branch of my state's university system. They can only accept the enroll information through internet explorer or [shudder] Netscape. (Do you even remember what Netscape is? I have really vague memories of it from when I was a tween)

This is hilarious. I mean, I'm sure it's very irritating for you and I'm sorry for that, but my god! I can't believe a university hasn't moved beyond NETSCAPE!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:26 am 
Saggy Butt

I can't add a maths course I need because the online system won't allow students to repeat a course without departmental permission. I've been needing to repeat this course since my second term, and now I'm a second-year student. I've just been stalling, because I went and emailed the department head, and she told me that there was no record of me having the prerequisites to be able to take the course. You know, despite me having taken a maths course at the community college to patch up that hole in my trans-Atlantic education so I could be admitted to the university. And, you know, despite me having already taken the course once before.

I guess I'll finally grit my teeth and reply to that nearly-a-year-old email. Sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:29 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

xGreenling wrote:
I can't add a maths course I need because the online system won't allow students to repeat a course without departmental permission. I've been needing to repeat this course since my second term, and now I'm a second-year student. I've just been stalling, because I went and emailed the department head, and she told me that there was no record of me having the prerequisites to be able to take the course. You know, despite me having taken a maths course at the community college to patch up that hole in my trans-Atlantic education so I could be admitted to the university. And, you know, despite me having already taken the course once before.

I guess I'll finally grit my teeth and reply to that nearly-a-year-old email. Sigh.

I've found that sometimes these things are dealt with a lot more easily in person, if that's an option for you.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

lillianp wrote:

Which means I can't enroll from my home mac computer and have to do it at work. But I forgot to email myself my personal statement or put it on dropbox so now I have to wait until monday to enroll because I won't even be going back to my apartment until Sunday (so maaaybe from the library if I get back early enough on Sunday).

My mind is blown that Netscape even exists anymore.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:58 am 
A Bad Person

kilgore trout wrote:
lillianp wrote:

My mind is blown that Netscape even exists anymore.

Technically, Netscape as a brand still exists, but as a browser, it hasn't been updated in a long time. The browser bits were given over to Mozilla, who used them to make Firefox. So maybe Firefox would work? But any web application outdated enough to refer to Netscape is highly suspect.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:00 pm 
A Bad Person

Wikipedia says the last version of Netscape is Netscape Navigator 9, which was released in 2007. Five internet years may as well be five decades.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:22 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

HAHA! Netscape!

I asked my boyfriend for fake bacon for Christmas and he said no.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:24 pm 

DTMFA!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:26 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I know, right!!

His exact words were, "I'm not buying you JUST fake bacon for Christmas, you dummy."

So maybe the fake bacon will be a stocking stuffer?!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 pm 

Just as long as you get that fake bacon!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:16 pm 
Saggy Butt

j-dub wrote:
xGreenling wrote:

I've found that sometimes these things are dealt with a lot more easily in person, if that's an option for you.

Blehh. In person is scary. I guess I would just take deep breaths and make myself work out how to find and meet with the head of department in-person (with a script written on the back of my hand or something - I don't know) but I wouldn't be able to do that until the university is up and running again for the spring term. And, strictly speaking it's possible for me to put off taking this course for at least one more term, so I am totally turning my head and looking the other way, whistling a merry tune and twiddling my thumbs innocently.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:28 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

j-dub wrote:
lillianp wrote:

This is hilarious. I mean, I'm sure it's very irritating for you and I'm sorry for that, but my god! I can't believe a university hasn't moved beyond NETSCAPE!

I KNOW. It is ridiculously hilarious. I'm a little nervous about the program as a whole because of this but it's cheaper than the other option & seems decent enough (Umass isn't like, the most prestigious, but it's not awful.)

I think it's just the application process not the whole thing since I could see the test class online and whatnot.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:35 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

This is probably inconsiderate and not important given what is going on in the US right now. But I was just on CNN reading the news and scrolled down the page a bit. And saw a caption that said "Popular on Facebook" and it was ISA!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:34 pm 
WRETCHED

I ordered some dress shoes for my husband and they arrived today. I hope he likes them. I think they totally look cool. If he doesn't wear them, I will.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:01 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

bathsheba wrote:
HAHA! Netscape!

I asked my boyfriend for fake bacon for Christmas and he said no.

Once for Christmas my mom asked me what I wanted and I said vegan marshmallows. That was the only thing I asked for - they were pretty new and I had never had them before. Anyway, come Christmas, each present I opened I kept hoping it would be vegan marshmallows disguised in some clever way (like in a big box), because nothing looked like a bag of marshmallows wrapped in Christmas paper. Anyway, I didn't get the marshmallows. Later she said she didn't get them because they were too expensive. Even though that is the only thing I asked for and everything else she got me, I am sure, cost more than the marshmallows.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 pm 
Dead by dawn

I've never unfriended anyone on facebook until today. It was kinda weirdly fun.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:47 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I fully expected my gun nut friend to flip out today. He did but in the same way I did, which I have to say... shocked me.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:53 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My dog is wheezing very badly and doesn't want to eat. The vet is seeing her early in the morning. I'm worried it could be turning into pneumonia, or could be something more serious, like canine flu. Both of which are really bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1189, 1190, 1191, 1192, 1193, 1194, 1195 ... 1828  Next