| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Parenthood
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:01 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I hope they don't kill Kristina. I don't even think I can handle that. Too sad!

I actually really like Max. His storyline is what drew me into the show. I don't like candy rewards in normal situations, but kids like Max have to work so hard to do all the things that come easily to us. When a much of life is a struggle, something like candy helping him through it doesn't seem like such a big deal. I definetly don't think it makes Kristina a bad mom.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:41 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

I haven't watched in at least 2-3 eps. I hate Ray Romano. Everybody Hates Raymond. I can't handle that whole Mark sadness thing. It's stupid. If they kill Kristina, I will just keep not watching.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I don't love Ray Romano, but I don't hate him. I am annoyed by that storyline though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 am 
Semen Strong

I actually do like what they've done with the Ray storyline. That Sarah can't help herself from going to help the broken guys, whether its Seth or sad photog. I wonder if its from seeing Zeke and Camille's relationship when she was young.... Either way, I hope they don't have sex, though. Ugh.

Also, I'd like to see more reference to how Zeke was as a Dad, before Camille left him and he reformed.

They aren't going to kill Kristina - that would be too much reality for television.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:10 am 
***LIES!!!***

Well, that was a tearjerker. My husband walked in at the moment when Kristina's in the hospital and says she doesn't feel good and said, "Oh, I don't feel good from all this pretend cancer."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:44 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Oh man! I wish I would have had someone to say something for comic relief while I was watching, Ariann. I bawled and bawled.

What is the deal with Amber though? Her one note acting is getting distracting.

Also, regarding RR: Blech.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:53 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I was riding my exercise bike while watching, so I didn't cry. Phew!

I like Amber a lot. I definitely thought she forked up by pushing Ryan too much, but I'm also glad she realized she was just repeating the pattern of her mom. She needs a break from him more than he needs a break from her. He was right, she was just trying to fix him. I have no idea how realistic the show is regarding soldiers coming home, but it seems like they are doing a good job showing how screwed up Ryan is right now. Poor guy!

Also, come on Sara! You weren't even going to try to get Mark back? She cannot seriously jump into another relationship this fast. Jesus.

Also, would a photographer who is super into his "art" or whatever seriously write "sara looking pretty at a wedding" or whatever ON the photo mat? jesus. Misanthropists do not sign up to be santa photographers!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm 

I like the Amber and Ryan story line a great deal, and I did really like her bringing up that stuff about falling into her mom's patterns. I love that they're doing a story line with a veteran so at least more people are thinking about what veterans have to go through. I feel like Amber is always crying though. Crying or like, laughing and cool. I don't know. I guess I don't know how I would show the conflicting emotions like that either. Maybe I should give the actress a break!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 pm 

heh, yeah, she is always crying! but maybe that's good acting on her part since Lauren Graham's ONLY acting style is "on the verge of tears" so Mae Whitman is just following along. (i'm so mean!)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:55 pm 

HA! You have a point though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I cried through that entire episode even though I had idji tell me the outcome just so I could handle watching. I don't even think I stopped crying when they were on other things.

So annoyed at Sara, but honestly I have been most episodes. That photo thing was just weird. Him doing the Santa pics was ridiculous.

I love Amber, but I didn't like how over the top she was.

I can't even think about Kristina without crying still! I'm a mess.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:40 pm 

Aw, sorry Kelly. I'm guessing the reason I wasn't so upset is that I don't have kids. I can't even imagine if I could have related to her on that level...I'd have been a mess, too. I did cry at the very end when Haddie came in the room because that made me think about my mom.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It's probably because I'm leaving Silas for the first time ever to go out of town this weekend and I'm already kind of a mess about that. Also, I've been dealing with some lymph node stuff (Dont worry, I've seen drs! They think I'm fine but in wait & watch mode now) so it's just hitting way too close to home.

Also, ALSO, I'm a huge wimp.

I forgot to say that I'm super pissed at how Adam didn't want to tell anyone what was going on. I hate hate hate when people do that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:56 pm 
Semen Strong

ARGH! No one is taking decent care of Nora! Stupid Crosby putting her on a couch and just leaving her in the middle of a diaperchange. It sounded like she was just inconsolably crying and no one cared. I just paused the video because it is making me SO SAD. Shut up Max. And shut up Zeke for saying he was unwilling to hold Nora because she isn't in a diaper, and then leaving Crosby with both kids and his colossal incompetence even though he was the only one who had soothed her for even a second, because he needs to go stomp on Adam and Kristina's boundaries. Babybutts are cute. Shut up all of you. Be nice to Nora.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:19 pm 

I don't know if it's still paused for you, but Jasmine comes and takes care of her and she's ok.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:25 pm 
Semen Strong

No, I saw that. But still, that whole scene with Crosby was awful. I can't believe Adam would call Crosby and not Jasmine or his mother to babysit and I can't believe that Crosby would engage with Max instead of calming a wailing infant.

Poor Nora. She is such a throw-away plot device.

God Lauren Graham is amazing. She telegraphs so much in the smallest gesture. She really looked old and defeated. She almost made banging Ray Romano seem credible....

The parallel between Amber and Sarah is really well done.

Also, Ryan coming back with a crushed up car is the best reminder to never lend anyone your car.

15 minutes to go. Stop sucking show. Be nice to Nora.

NO CROSBY AND JASMINE DON'T HAVE ANOTHER SHITTY THROWAWAY PLOT TWIST BABBY!

Yay for great grandparenting. Sit your grandchildren in front of the tree and swear to God that Santa is real. Its totally not going to affect your credibility you lying liar who lies.

Kristina in her message: "I figured out how to use the computer...." Ummm how did she run a political campaign without knowing how to use a computer?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:39 pm 
protein lump

this episode made me realize that i don't like anyone on this show except for joel.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:42 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh man, Wishlist has been my favorite song since the late 90s. I love this song. Its the best part of the episode.

Oh and go Amber! In the words of No More Salt, if only the human heart could comprehend the meaning of sunk costs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

esme wrote:
this episode made me realize that i don't like anyone on this show except for joel.

Joel is pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:26 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish wrote:
Also, Ryan coming back with a crushed up car is the best reminder to never lend anyone your car.

15 minutes to go. Stop sucking show. Be nice to Nora.

NO CROSBY AND JASMINE DON'T HAVE ANOTHER SHITTY THROWAWAY PLOT TWIST BABBY!

Yay for great grandparenting. Sit your grandchildren in front of the tree and swear to God that Santa is real. Its totally not going to affect your credibility you lying liar who lies.

Kristina in her message: "I figured out how to use the computer...." Ummm how did she run a political campaign without knowing how to use a computer?

Your frustration at this show is making me crack up.

Babies on TV are always throwaway plot twists because the alternative is like a year of new parents being so tired that they are too boring to put on TV, they're not having any sex, they are inches from losing their minds every day, their houses go to shiitake, and the baby mostly does nothing that would be interesting to anyone not related to it. Some shows are even worse, though - think of Harrison on Dexter. If he's even acknowledged to exist, he has almost no interaction with his family, and he has never said anything on the show, even though by now he should clearly be speaking plenty.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:00 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I cried. I always cry.

About the Ray Romano thing: I always disliked him but I really like him on this show. Even to the point where I think he's hot. Am I weird?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:23 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Ray Romano is kinda growing on me too, but jesus fork Sarah is annoying. Bouncing from one dude to another, I feel for her kids.

Anyone else see Ryan becoming a psycho stalker now that Amber kinda broke up with him?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:42 pm 

I hope not. I mean, I can see it because it'd be good TV, but I like the way they've been developing his character.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:01 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

He definitely has anger issues though...I think something weird has to happen with him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:35 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

bathsheba wrote:

About the Ray Romano thing: I always disliked him but I really like him on this show. Even to the point where I think he's hot. Am I weird?

HA! No seriously, I feel the same way. When I heard he was joining the cast I mad because I am NOT a fan. But his character is SO adorable and awkwardly cute, I really like him. I was actually rooting for him over Mark and I never root for the 'other' guy!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next