| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: conceivin' thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:18 pm 
Chip Strong

Oh I'm so sorry jildez and mitten.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:22 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry jildez and mitten. Much love and light to you both.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:40 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm so sorry for both of you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:47 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

So sorry jildez and mittenmacher.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:56 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Oh, so sorry for what you're both going through!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:16 am 
Nooch of Earl

So sorry, Mitten & Jildez.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:50 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

So sorry for your losses, mittenmacher and jildez.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:26 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Aw mitten... I'm so sorry for your loss. And jildez, I am so sorry about your loss too. What an absolutely shiitake thing for both of you to be going through.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:50 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Urgh. Sorry to hear this news on both accounts. Hope that you are feeling better soon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:59 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

So sorry jildez and mittens.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 pm 

Thank you everyone. I seem to finally be through the pain part, and i have a followup with the doctor on Thursday. I'm kinda dreading it, because i know we will end up talking about whether we should hope for another child this way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I'm very sorry jildez and Mittenmacher. Sending you hugs and support.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:16 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Have any of you taken anti-depressants while pregnant/breast feeding? There's a huge difference between me on them and not on them, and I really don't want to go back to how I was (suicidal and never leaving the house). Plus, with postpartum depression, I can't imagine what life would be like.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:22 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I recall a thread on this topic from earlier, but I think the general conclusion was: that's probably a conversation you should be having with your doctor.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:23 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I was on antidepressants for about 18 months, while breastfeeding. It's definitely a talk to have with your doctor, but there are definitely medications that are safe to take while breastfeeding. I was wary about it at first, but happy mother is so crucial in raising a happy child.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:34 pm 

I've taken antidepressants while breastfeeding for PPD. My Dr prescribed Zoloft because studies have shown that very little of it gets into your milk, so it's considered relatively safe.

I think things get a bit murkier when it comes to taking antidepressants during pregnancy. None of them are classified as category A or B drugs by the FDA, so it really is something best discussed with your Dr.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:36 pm 

I just made an appointment with my doc for this coming Monday. I hope she'll have knowledge about this. I'm glad to know I can take meds while breastfeeding at least.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:16 pm 
Married to the wolfman

bastah wrote:
Have any of you taken anti-depressants while pregnant/breast feeding? There's a huge difference between me on them and not on them, and I really don't want to go back to how I was (suicidal and never leaving the house). Plus, with postpartum depression, I can't imagine what life would be like.

I took zoloft while breastfeeding. It's generally considered compatible, though some others may not be. Good luck with your appointment!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:38 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

im sorry sorry jildez and mitten for what you are going through! *hugs*

bastah, i have stayed on anti-depressants throughout my pregnancy. i was on 60 mg cymbalta. i asked my OB early on about it and the answer i got was kind of a waffly one. there seems to be not a lot of definitive info yay or nay on the subject. after the discussion with my dr the impression that i got is that while there is a risk as with anything it was a small risk and depending on the level of your depression it's better for the mama to stay on the meds and stay stable.

i think some meds are considered more safe than others and i think as a lot of people said zoloft is one of the more benign ones. i know that i personally react VERY badly to be weaned on and off meds so i chose to stay on the cymbalta. i also had been on zoloft previously and didnt like it. i decided to wean myself to a lower dose.

i had just ordered a 3 months supply so for awhile i took a 60 mg pill every other day. i dont recommend that but that's what i did. then eventually i got a Rx for 30 mg and that's what im on now. originally i was thinking of weaning down even farther closer to the birth but to be honest im not sure if that's the best thing for me. so im undecided there. im TERRIFIED of PPD so im unsure if completely coming off meds is the best idea for me.

if you know yourself that you arent good off meds then i would have a serious discussion with your Dr about staying on them, the right dosage, and risks etc.

my dr highly recommended therapy and i guess the hospital im giving birth in actually has a women's mental health dept that deals specifically with pregnancy and issues regarding pregnancy and she kept telling me i should call them.

part of my issues with depression/anxiety is i have severe anxiety and especially social anxiety so picking up the phone to make that call never happened :-P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:48 pm 

Sooo impatient. I find out this week if I'm pregnant. I've been taking my temp every morning, and the pattern seems to say I am, but I know that's not the most reliable. I have symptoms, so we'll see.

Oh and my doc wanted me to go off of the meds. She never put in the prescription for the lower dosage to ween myself off of them, and she didn't think it was a good idea anyway. My bottle of meds says that I just shouldn't take them during the third trimester. It seems like the only known risk is that it doubles the risk of miscarriage. I am on a lower dose than most people who take Effexor (75mg), so that's good at least. I'm really scared to go off of them now though, because I just got a promotion, and I know I'll need the meds for this awesome, big change. Plus, if I am pregnant, that's another change, AND it means we'll have to move too, so I think I'll need the meds for a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:20 pm 
Semen Strong

Sending you a ton of good thoughts bastah! How exciting! I hope you are able to get support for your mental health in a way that doesn't affect your potential bastahcyte!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 am 

Thank you! I'm seriously going crazy here. My BBT did have an implantation dip, but then yesterday my temp went up .4 degrees to my highest temp yet in my cycle, and my period should be here today... and my temp dropped .5 degrees from where it was yesterday, so I don't know what to expect. It could go either way?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:14 pm 

Looks like it won't be happening this month, maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Aw, so sorry to hear that, Bastah. I remember feeling awful every time I'd get that low temp right after all the highs. And it's right in the morning, too, so I'd spend all day sulking and waiting for my period to arrive.
(Mind you, I wish I'd done that when I was younger because there were more than a few times my period took me completely by surprise.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 am 

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Aw, so sorry to hear that, Bastah. I remember feeling awful every time I'd get that low temp right after all the highs. And it's right in the morning, too, so I'd spend all day sulking and waiting for my period to arrive.
(Mind you, I wish I'd done that when I was younger because there were more than a few times my period took me completely by surprise.)

Yeah, my temp is lower again today, and I definitely have my period. Grrr. Why are PMS symptoms and pregnancy symptoms so similar? Next time, I have to not let myself get so hopeful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 40  Next