| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382 ... 625  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:42 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

This just now made me giggle. I just overheard two little kids, a boy and a girl, talking about how they need to watch their weight and if they weigh too much, mom will be mad, especially after last time when he (the boy) weighed too much.

Spoiler: show
After I goggled a bit, horrified, I realized that they were talking about the $8.50/lb stuff at the Wegmans wokery bar. Man, context makes all the difference!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 pm 
Nailed to the V

I bought an 80 pound bag of organic yukon gold potatoes today for $80. I'm going in on it with some friends and coworkers, but I'm still walking away with 40 pounds of spuds. I'm so excited! They'll be delivered to my office next week, at which point I'm going to make a full scale mashed potato sculpture of myself!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:32 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

Veganismbot wrote:
I bought an 80 pound bag of organic yukon gold potatoes today for $80. I'm going in on it with some friends and coworkers, but I'm still walking away with 40 pounds of spuds. I'm so excited! They'll be delivered to my office next week, at which point I'm going to make a full scale mashed potato sculpture of myself!

This is wonderful!!

I had an awesome committee meeting today where it was decided that a) I already have basically enough stuff to graduate and b) I will probably graduate on time!! Then I did a volunteer activity with some kids and I asked them the best part and they said "EVERYTHING!!!" :) Kids are awesome and it is almost Christmas!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:53 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My crush mentioned he'd like to go out again really soon, and then brought up the fact that work gets out extra early on christmas eve... :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

How exciting GCZ!
The best part of today for me was talking to my friend on the phone to help her work out some details for her wedding and hearing all the giggly excitement in her voice as we talked.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:41 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Boyfriend and I got Pokémon Black and White for early Christmas presents! Gotta catch 'em all!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:07 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I managed to get a cake delivered to the bf's office for his birthday yesterday and he was so excited. Coworkers helped him polish most of it off and they couldn't believe it was vegan!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:39 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

How nice fisticuffs! What flavor?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Lemon, with lemon curd in the middle and covered in fondant.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

A 4x4 matrix that I was able to decompose into a 2x2 block diagonal, thus saving me from having to factor a quartic polynomial by hand to find its eigenvalues on my exam.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:44 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

zwingtip wrote:
A 4x4 matrix that I was able to decompose into a 2x2 block diagonal, thus saving me from having to factor a quartic polynomial by hand to find its eigenvalues on my exam.

Je ne parle pas français!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:21 pm 

My cousin welcomed his second son into the world today. After the loss of my uncle, my heart swells with well-needed joy for my family.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:24 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Aw, studio! That's great.

The best thing about my day was finding vegan cherry cordials.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

ijustdiedinside wrote:

I keep a couple boxes of those in my chocolate drawer* and it makes me so happy to know they're there. I had missed them.

*My kitchen has tons of drawers and a bunch are empty, so I am able to have a whole drawer dedicated to chocolate treats, like cherry cordials, and chocolate oranges from Trader Joe's.

Gulliver wrote:
Boyfriend and I got Pokémon Black and White for early Christmas presents! Gotta catch 'em all!

My boyfriend and I got that for birthday presents in August and it is the best Pokemon version I have played yet! So many things that are convenient! The Poke Mart is INSIDE the Poke Center! There are different lengths of grass, that have stronger pokemon some of the taller brush. I'm really excited for you to play it! I have almost beat it, and want Pokemon Black & White 2.

The best part of my day was leaving the house and going to the rec center even though I wanted to hide inside my warm house all day, and being rewarded with a rainbow to look at while I was running on the elliptical machines. Also, I held two of my neighbor's hamsters. We're babysitting them while my neighbors are on vacation. Hamsters are sweet little things.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:45 pm 
Nailed to the V

fisticuffs wrote:
Lemon, with lemon curd in the middle and covered in fondant.

Oh that sounds perfect!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:01 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

sisterlegume wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:

I keep a couple boxes of those in my chocolate drawer* and it makes me so happy to know they're there. I had missed them.

*My kitchen has tons of drawers and a bunch are empty, so I am able to have a whole drawer dedicated to chocolate treats, like cherry cordials, and chocolate oranges from Trader Joe's.

Are TJ's chocolate oranges, by any chance, like Terry's Chocolate Oranges that you smash? But vegan? Oh please say yes...

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:27 pm 

Stealing glances at my crush and seeing him do the same all day. And CARTOON PLANET IS ON!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:14 am 
Nooch of Earl

So my husband is on a submarine, and occasionally they take "distinguished visitors" along for a day where they give them a tour, do some diving and rocking around, feed them lunch, etc. Well one of them this time was an engineer and a vegan, and so he asked me to suggest something to feed the vegan. On family days they just do burgers, but for the DV cruises they usually do steak, right? So I was trying to think of something that would work as a platable thing and yet be simple enough for the cooking crew to make in a tiny kitchen in addition to all the other stuff they have to make for the meateaters without screwing it up or deveganizing it or whatever, and ended up bringing home some gardein stuff (the tuscan breasts if they couldn't use an oven - I know they're not great, but I couldn't think of anything else, and the little individual breaded stuffed holiday roasts if a hot oven would work with the rest of their plans). Also sent along some candy cane joe joes for an under the radar veg-friendly snack.

I don't know what they ended up doing for a meal - I also suggested they could put some white beans in with sauteed veggies on the side to make it a little more substantial if the vegan wasn't a fake meat fan, but I've been really really worried because my husband wanted the ship to look good and this is really just out of their realm of experience, my husband can barely get a vegetarian meal onboard. Anyway today I got this from him in email, which made me laugh because we've all been THERE, amiright? I'm crossing my fingers that she got a decent lunch.

"DV cruise went really well, and you'll be pleased to know that the vegan found her way to the candy cane Joe Joes... I think she was trying to stock up on calories in case lunch was a disaster; you would have been amused."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:49 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

j-dub wrote:
sisterlegume wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:

Are TJ's chocolate oranges, by any chance, like Terry's Chocolate Oranges that you smash? But vegan? Oh please say yes...

They are! Ugh, we need TJ's in Canada.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:51 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

New boyfriend met ex-boyfriend of 11 years/current best friend. All went well!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:53 am 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

vijita wrote:
j-dub wrote:
sisterlegume wrote:

They are! Ugh, we need TJ's in Canada.

I daresay we have not had any TJ's chocolate oranges this year, and I have seen Terry's already. I'm pretty bummed!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:01 am 
Married to the wolfman

It took us 4 hours to drive here, but by fun, we saw the Mountain Goats show at the Fillmore and it was amazing.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:18 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

GymClassZero wrote:
Stealing glances at my crush and seeing him do the same all day. And CARTOON PLANET IS ON!

Aaaaaaaawww, you two are a adorable! <3!

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
New boyfriend met ex-boyfriend of 11 years/current best friend. All went well!

Oooooo, glad it went well Erika!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:31 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

My cat who is sick most likely with hepatic lipidosis as a result of not eating for whatever reason came home from the vet yesterday after being there nearly a week. She's still jaundiced, but is acting perfectly normal, so the vet decided to send her home after a bunch of tests to help rule out other things that could be causing her liver troubles. Previously, I couldn't get her to eat anything at home... canned food, dry food... We're thinking maybe she got spooked when we went out of town over Thanksgiving since my friend that was coming over to care for her can come on a bit strong with cats a la Elmira from Tiny Toons.

Anyway, not only has she been eating the canned food that the vet was giving her while she was being hospitalized, but she also went over to the other cat's dish this morning and ate up her leftovers once she was done. I'm not worried about the healthy cat not getting enough food, since she mostly eats dry and I just gave her a bit of canned so she wouldn't bother the sick cat's food, but yeah! Progress! Hopefully she'll keep eating and her liver will heal itself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:25 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

coldandsleepy wrote:
It took us 4 hours to drive here, but by fun, we saw the Mountain Goats show at the Fillmore and it was amazing.

Ooh yay! I saw them earlier this year for the first time, they're so good live.

I guess I have a Twitter now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382 ... 625  Next