| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 146  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:48 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I weigh myself a few times a week but I consider the weekend "official weigh in" time. So it's pretty much whatever day of the weekend I weigh the least?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:36 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I update my weight on MFP every Sunday morning but I do weigh myself most days. I've lost three pounds in the 2 weeks since I joined MFP. It's slow but I feel like it's happening!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:31 am 
Seagull of the PPK

yeah, last week i did so well.
this weekend, i dipped into the holiday baking. it's the first time i had wheat in a week and i am so bloated it's uncomfortable.
why can't i learn???

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 am 
Level 7 Vegan

torque wrote:
this weekend, i dipped into the holiday baking. it's the first time i had wheat in a week and i am so bloated it's uncomfortable.
why can't i learn???

Ha ha, I always wonder this too. Every time I swear that I will never eat so many goodies again, but apparently I forget :P

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:51 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

torque wrote:
why can't i learn???

because hedonism

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:34 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I had gained 6 pounds of bloat and holiday sadness from Thanksgiving, eep! Fortunately I've already lost all but .8 lbs of it. But damn, weight gain happens so fast if you're not paying attention. Maintaining is such a struggle for me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:56 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I'd like to join this thread! I'm down 18 pounds from my heaviest weight at the end of August. But up 3 pounds from my lowest weight thanks to holiday food and my work schedule changing abruptly and my eating went to hell.

I'm in Week 12 of P90X. I'm looking at running a half-marathon at some point next year (fall) to keep me motivated to stay MOVING after I finish P90X. That's my biggest issue. I can change my eating easily. But working out every day is such a struggle for me as soon as I miss one day I spiral out of control.

My main goal is a healthy BMI and body fat percentage. So far, the numbers are going down!

I promise I'm not a bot! My birthday is June 10th. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:46 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I've lost.... 1lb! Which means I've reached my first goal!
Another 7 lbs to go!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:33 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Amajorrecords wrote:
VeganinBerlin wrote:
:(

My stupid hashimoto's makes it impossible to lose weight right now. I can't even go to the gym.

I have hashimotos too. Right now levels are off and I'm extremely hypo. Much sympathy!

Are you upping your hormones? I just went from 75 to 100 and im really hoping this is going to help. Besides not being able to lose weight I'm also experienced a lot of weird stuff. Hair falling out, my skin is weird, I feel faint all the time, a sensation like someone is strangling me, feeling depressed, etc.

Also it makes me think about cutting my calories and I know its not a good idea but I really need to lose weight..

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:07 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I just looked up Hashimoto's--that sounds terrible! Lots of love to you both!

I think I lost a pound, but it's hard to even judge at this point. I think I'm headed in the right direction. I need to get used to eating a little less to make up for the fact I'm not longer running 15-20 miles a week.

I went to the gym by my house twice and really liked the workouts I got. More importantly it meant that I didn't spend the whole weekend in the same pajamas, lying around the house and snacking.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:08 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm having such a hard time. I got off track during hurricane sandy, then I got sick, then thanksgiving....etc, etc. I keep trying to get back in the groove. Before the hurricane I was in this zen-like place of not even worrying about food or what I could eat (while staying on plan and losing). Now I'm struggling to even get to the grocery store once a week to make sure I have healthy options.

I think one thing that is making it hard for me is that even though I still have a lot to lose, I lost enough to fit back into some pants I used to wear. That was a real confidence boost, but it also kinda put me in a place of less urgency. I guess I'm apathetic about losing more? I'm still not at a healthy weight for me so I need to refocus. Maybe I can do that even though Christmas will be a challenge? Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:24 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

VeganinBerlin wrote:
Amajorrecords wrote:
VeganinBerlin wrote:
:(

My stupid hashimoto's makes it impossible to lose weight right now. I can't even go to the gym.

I have hashimotos too. Right now levels are off and I'm extremely hypo. Much sympathy!

Are you upping your hormones? I just went from 75 to 100 and im really hoping this is going to help. Besides not being able to lose weight I'm also experienced a lot of weird stuff. Hair falling out, my skin is weird, I feel faint all the time, a sensation like someone is strangling me, feeling depressed, etc.

Also it makes me think about cutting my calories and I know its not a good idea but I really need to lose weight..

Yeah my dosage just got upped to 150. My levels have been crazy for a few years. I can be hyper on 88 or hypo on 137 apparently. They cant figure out why my levels wont normalize. I went 10 years on the same dose and then this craziness for 5 years. All the symptoms you described are me to a T. I also itch like crazy, can never get enough sleep, severe constipation, always freeing cold etc. Honestly it's very hard to lose weight while hypo. Concentrate on eating well and don't be surprised if you gain weight regardless. Hugs! I hope we both feel better soon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

ndpittman wrote:
I just looked up Hashimoto's--that sounds terrible! Lots of love to you both!

I think I lost a pound, but it's hard to even judge at this point. I think I'm headed in the right direction. I need to get used to eating a little less to make up for the fact I'm not longer running 15-20 miles a week.

I went to the gym by my house twice and really liked the workouts I got. More importantly it meant that I didn't spend the whole weekend in the same pajamas, lying around the house and snacking.

Thank you <3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:14 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Butternut wrote:
I'm having such a hard time. I got off track during hurricane sandy, then I got sick, then thanksgiving....etc, etc. I keep trying to get back in the groove. Before the hurricane I was in this zen-like place of not even worrying about food or what I could eat (while staying on plan and losing). Now I'm struggling to even get to the grocery store once a week to make sure I have healthy options.

I think one thing that is making it hard for me is that even though I still have a lot to lose, I lost enough to fit back into some pants I used to wear. That was a real confidence boost, but it also kinda put me in a place of less urgency. I guess I'm apathetic about losing more? I'm still not at a healthy weight for me so I need to refocus. Maybe I can do that even though Christmas will be a challenge? Ugh.

hugs to you, Butternut. I feel your pain. I just got back on track this week after all of that (we had a very similar series of events, and actually I'm still sick, but not sick enough to use it as an excuse anymore). You'll get back to it. I also have that problem where if I lose just a little I feel so over-confident that I gain it all back. Even though having good self-esteem is supposed to be helpful in weight loss, I feel like I have to actively think negative thoughts about my current state to have any motivation to move forward. One thing that has been helpful for me in the past is writing a list on an index card (or business size card) of all the reasons I want to lose weight (I have a lot of reasons!), both petty and serious, and keeping the card with me all the time to read a few times a day and especially before I eat.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:34 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I've started pre-logging all my food on MFP and I find it really helps me to get as close to my calorie target as possible. It's a little OCD, but actually fairly easy during the work week since I have to plan ahead of time and pack my lunch/snacks anyway. I will probably be far less structured on the weekends, and I'm fine with that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:29 am 
Frees Bunny Slippers

wow! i'm so inspired by all of your progress!

i'm down about 17 pounds since July, but I've been stuck there for a week or so now. I'd really like to get to an even 20 pounds, and then set some small goals from there.

i seem to eat well all day long, but get home exhausted (i'm a teacher) and it's like "fork dinner! let's eat whatever i can grab quickly." it's easy not to snack at work since i only get 3 very precious breaks throughout the day.

also, i've fallen off the working out wagon. i can't find my iPod... so that is one reason. give me some inspiration PPK!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:46 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Thanks Ariann.

I made a list of reasons I need to lose on my phone and I think that is helping. I have looked at it a couple times. I also finally forced myself to weigh-in, after avoiding it for weeks. Thank goodness I hadn't gained, and I had actually lost 3.5 pounds. That's a miracle. Its also good to see that I am within reach of having a healthy BMI (soon, fingers crossed). So I'm feeling better about things and I'm working on my plan for handling the holidays and my birthday.

Good luck everyone working on this. It's so hard!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:32 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Nicely done Butternut!

I'm down 1.8 in 2 weeks. It was 2.8 for about 2 hours but I was totally dehydrated, so that didn't count...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:34 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Haha, lost two pounds on my weekly off day. Thank you puking and sleeping all day!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I need a serious slapping. I've lost the run of myself with food over the past week. Going to weigh myself in the morning to see what the damage is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:18 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

How much muscle weight do you need to gain before the numbers start going down??? I know it's normal, and I'm being silly, but it's so discouraging (for me)!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:38 pm 
WRETCHED

When you start weight training, you'll tend to retain more water which will cause the scale to go up. Are you measuring with a tape measure?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:59 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

160.8 the last 2 mornings. Hope it continues.
I guess less booze + more exercise + eating better really does work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:23 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Amajorrecords wrote:
VeganinBerlin wrote:
Amajorrecords wrote:

Yeah my dosage just got upped to 150. My levels have been crazy for a few years. I can be hyper on 88 or hypo on 137 apparently. They cant figure out why my levels wont normalize. I went 10 years on the same dose and then this craziness for 5 years. All the symptoms you described are me to a T. I also itch like crazy, can never get enough sleep, severe constipation, always freeing cold etc. Honestly it's very hard to lose weight while hypo. Concentrate on eating well and don't be surprised if you gain weight regardless. Hugs! I hope we both feel better soon.

That's horrible, I'm sorry. Im so glad my PG said "the levels arent everything" because in the hospital they told me they wouldnt up the dosage unless my levels were off.

I have gained two pounds... I hope it's not permanent. Do you eat gluten? A lot of people tell me to cut it out "just to see how it goes" but Im really unsure. I used to have an eating disorder and cutting out food just like that seems a bit dangerous.

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:35 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Wallace22 wrote:
160.8 the last 2 mornings. Hope it continues.
I guess less booze + more exercise + eating better really does work.

When my weight loss was first noticeable everyone wanted to know my 'secret.' Well, I try to fill up on fruits and veggies, and I exercise*. They were still like yeah, but what's the trick?

*I don't have any health issues that make losing weight difficult; I know other people aren't as lucky, and I'm sorry for that, especially you all with the thyroid issues!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 146  Next