| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Waterproof phone case - Droid 4 edition
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:45 pm 
Semen Strong

The cat and the kid have worked out a system. I put the phone up high, the cat swats it down to the kid, who runs to the dogbowl and dunks the phone under until it dies.

I need something like the Lifeproof that is waterproof and keep hearing that the Otterbox isn't waterproof. A friend of mine had his phone stolen and it was thrown from a car window on 78 in an Otterbox and survived. So if I thought Leela would do that, I'd definitely get an Otterbox. But really she's just into drowning my phone.

What could I get to protect my Droid? Am I going to give up on having a smartphone and just move to hoping to bump into people randomly at the park? And yes, I am kicking myself for not getting an iPhone. Stupid Droid.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

Post subject: Re: Waterproof phone case - Droid 4 edition
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:48 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I apologize for laughing. But the visualization of cat/kid tag team was just too much.

IPhones are not any more waterproof than droids, but you can always try sticking the phone in a container of rice for a couple days, as long as you didn't try turning it on first. This saved my aunt.

This is awkward, but I would probably get a zip up wallet type case and keep the phone in there. I find most cases annoying, so that's what I use. It can be a pain to get it out quickly when it rings, but I am not too fussed about that.

Would your dog drink out of a dog fountain instead of a bowl?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:51 pm 
Semen Strong

A zipup isn't going to be waterproof, is it. I saved the phone once with rice and once it was just toast. Its like an end-zone hustle - she runs as fast as she can into the kitchen and spikes the phone into the waterbowl and then holds it down to make sure it dies.

I don't know where she learned this game, but it would be hilarious if she did it with something that didn't cost $100 to replace.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

Last edited by Tofulish on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Holy cow--this is a multiple occurrence thing?

Otter box does have some they say are waterproof, the dry boxes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:55 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

http://drycase.com/Content/waterproof-d ... orola.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:57 pm 
Semen Strong

lavawitch wrote:
Holy cow--this is a multiple occurrence thing?

Otter box does have some they say are waterproof, the dry boxes.

Its a multiple times a day thing. Like every time she gets my phone. I can't leave it anywhere within 3 feet off the ground.

She has gotten great at hiding other things too. Yesterday I paid for something online and put my credit card down for a second to pull her out of my purse. By the time I had put my purse back together my credit card was gone. My husband and I moved all the couches, the carpets everything and we still can't find it!

Thanks for the info. I didn't know the term dry box. But now I am laughing like a 12 year old.