| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Protein Powder
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:39 am 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Apparently Arbonne has vegan protein shakes, bars and powders.

https://www.arbonne.com/HealthAndWellne ... /index.asp

I have a friend that recently started working for this company. I should check for discounts! Also, once she has been working there for a couple of months, I am going to ask her for a referral in the marketing department. Apparently ALL their products are vegan. I need a new job and protein haha

has anyone had any experience with their protein powder?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:02 pm 
WRETCHED

The fact that Arbonne doesn't list their ingredients or nutritional facts makes me not to want to buy from them. I'm also not a fan of MLMs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:49 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

linanil wrote:
The fact that Arbonne doesn't list their ingredients or nutritional facts makes me not to want to buy from them. I'm also not a fan of MLMs.

That's why I have not looked into them before, but they do tout the fact that they do not use any animal products, testing and are vegan friendly.

What is an MLM?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:21 pm 
WRETCHED

MLM - Multi-level marketing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:55 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

My search for a good non-soy protein powder continues. I tried Garden of Life RAW original flavor and it was so gritty! I couldn't get it smooth, even in the vitamix. The flavor was kind of gross, too.

I keep going back to soy because I like it, but I would like to mix it up on days I know I'm going to be eating other forms of soy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:38 am 
WRETCHED

I think I just accept grittiness. Is garden of life with hemp? If so, you might try to see if you can get a pea/rice blend without hemp.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:46 pm 

No, there's no hemp in it. The ingredients sound pretty good (and it was fairly expensive, even on sale and with a coupon), so I'm going to try to like it. I've only tried it once, in a smoothie with spinach and peaches, so maybe I just need to try again with frozen bananas.

Organic RAW Sprout Blend (21,925mg): (Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Protein, Organic Amaranth Sprout, Organic Quinoa Sprout, Organic Millet Sprout, Organic Buckwheat Sprout, Organic Garbanzo Bean Sprout, Organic Kidney Bean Sprout, Organic Lentil Sprout, Organic Adzuki Bean Sprout, Organic Flax Seed Sprout, Organic Sunflower Seed Sprout, Organic Pumpkin Seed Sprout, Organic Chia Seed Sprout, Organic Sesame Seed Sprout). RAW Probiotic and Enzyme Blend (270mg) (High Protein Chlorella, Proteases, Bacillus subtilis). Other Ingredients: Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Lactobacillus bulgaricus

Does plain rice protein have a good consistency? I don't mind chalkiness (like soy can be), but I hate feeling like I'm drinking sand. Gross.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:39 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro 70 is great, absolutely no grittiness. It has much higher protein per serving than other hemp powders, too, about 20g.

http://manitobaharvest.com/product/10/H ... -16oz.html

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:40 pm 

I'll put that on my list to try next. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:06 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

ashley wrote:
No, there's no hemp in it. The ingredients sound pretty good (and it was fairly expensive, even on sale and with a coupon), so I'm going to try to like it. I've only tried it once, in a smoothie with spinach and peaches, so maybe I just need to try again with frozen bananas.

Organic RAW Sprout Blend (21,925mg): (Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Protein, Organic Amaranth Sprout, Organic Quinoa Sprout, Organic Millet Sprout, Organic Buckwheat Sprout, Organic Garbanzo Bean Sprout, Organic Kidney Bean Sprout, Organic Lentil Sprout, Organic Adzuki Bean Sprout, Organic Flax Seed Sprout, Organic Sunflower Seed Sprout, Organic Pumpkin Seed Sprout, Organic Chia Seed Sprout, Organic Sesame Seed Sprout). RAW Probiotic and Enzyme Blend (270mg) (High Protein Chlorella, Proteases, Bacillus subtilis). Other Ingredients: Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Lactobacillus bulgaricus

Does plain rice protein have a good consistency? I don't mind chalkiness (like soy can be), but I hate feeling like I'm drinking sand. Gross.

I found the frozen bananas definitely helped since it made the drink thicker anyway. I liked this, but not as much as the Sunwarrior. For the price though, I'll probably go back to Nutriobiotic unless there's an AMAZING SALE or something. Even then, the nutribiotic is very neutral and nice. A little chalky, but not too bad. And it's a rice protein, fwiw.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:41 am 

I tried the raw one again with bananas, and it was a little better, but I still didn't like it.

I have, unfortunately, reverted back to soy for now. Damn it. I'll try something different when I finish what I have.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:05 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

ashley wrote:
I tried the raw one again with bananas, and it was a little better, but I still didn't like it.

I have, unfortunately, reverted back to soy for now. Damn it. I'll try something different when I finish what I have.

have you tried sunwarrior?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:37 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Ahh this thread has so many replies but I will reply regardless >:)

My holy grail protein powder is Nutra Summa's Pea Protein in chocolate. The chocolate is rich and delicious but their vanilla flavor tastes like feet.
I also really like NitroFusion! I've had the chocolate, vanilla, and chocolate-raspberry. Chocolate is great, vanilla is tolerable, and chocolate-raspberry is VERY sweet. meh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:38 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I REALLY like Vega Sport Performance Protein in Chocolate. But I remember thinking it was disgusting the first time I tried it, so I might just be used to the taste now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:14 am 

I just ordered three new ones from Vitacost: vanilla brown rice (their own brand), vanilla pea (also their brand), and Lifetime Life's Basic unsweetened. Hopefully they don't suck.

Apparently I collect protein powders now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:08 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Does the pea protein from truenutrition.com still really contain 600 mg sodium? According to the site, the pea protein has 300 mg sodium per scoop. Still a fair amount of sodium, but a lot less than 600 mg. Should I trust the site?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:37 pm 
Impressive boner

I bought some Sun Warrior raw warrior blend last week. It's rank! I've been adding an extra teaspoon of cocoa and some extra sweetener to it just to make it so I can drink it without grimacing. I'm going to try some of the raw Juvo stuff next.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:18 pm 

The vitacost pea protein is great! Blends up nice and smooth. It's sweetened pretty heavily with stevia though, which fortunately doesn't bother me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Ugh. I was all hyped to order from trueprotein.com... $38 to ship to Canada! (Jerks!)

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:22 pm 

ashley wrote:
I just ordered three new ones from Vitacost: vanilla brown rice (their own brand), vanilla pea (also their brand), and Lifetime Life's Basic unsweetened. Hopefully they don't suck.

Update on this: loved the Vitacost pea and Life's Basic (although the latter is a little salty), hated the Vitacost brown rice (still have a mostly full tub I have to force myself to drink)

Also, I learned that if you email Sunwarrior through the form on their web site and request a sample, they will send you a sample pack of every product they make. I got a package of about 10 proteins and other supplements. Awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:07 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I have Plantfusion with vanilla bean flavor at the moment and I love it. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:40 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

ashley wrote:
ashley wrote:

Update on this: loved the Vitacost pea and Life's Basic (although the latter is a little salty), hated the Vitacost brown rice (still have a mostly full tub I have to force myself to drink)

Also, I learned that if you email Sunwarrior through the form on their web site and request a sample, they will send you a sample pack of every product they make. I got a package of about 10 proteins and other supplements. Awesome!

Thanks for sharing! After you requested the samples, did they ask for your billing info? I thought the email I got back was kind of weird.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:00 pm 

Uh no. Weird! I just put my address in the message I sent them through the form and said something like "I want to try your product. Will you please send a sample?" I never got any follow-up email, but a week later I had a package.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:23 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Strange! The email said it was to track if their samples were leading to sales which makes sense, but I may just forget about it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 am 
Tofu Pup

I used to drink Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein, but have recently switched over to Plant Fusion. Both are great!

Only thing missing is neither of them have that chalk/paper mache taste I've grown to love in protein powders ;).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next