| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:09 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

i like the manic panic one a lot!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:18 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I like the MP one, but it's not quite as bold as I'd like, and sometimes it starts to smear on me a bit. I get exceptionally oily as the day goes on. I'll check out the Senna one too.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:21 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

the senna seems blacker than MP too:) i like MP but i think it was hard on my lashes for some reason. i'm using lush lash right now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:36 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I also use the ELF mascara primer and I think that helps with staying and oomph. I don't wear fake lashes but I like my mascara to almost look like i'm wearing some.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:08 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So I was out shopping and saw a waterproof mascara from elf, so I bought it. I'll report back once I try it. The only mascara I used of theirs before was the mineral infused one and it was awful shiitake, it flaked in my eyes more than other mascara I've ever worn, so my hopes aren't high for this one, but for $3 it's worth a shot.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:00 am 
Baking In The Flavor

i didn't know elf had a mascara primer! i will check that out. do you know if they have that at target? i like my lashes to look as fake as possible, too:)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:22 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

They don't have it at mine, it probably depends on the size of your Target, though. Our ELF selection of products is pretty basic, they also don't have their eyebrow...mascara...stuff that I really like. I'm running low on both of those so i'm going to wait for a decent website deal and then just order them.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

MBM, have you checked Meijer, if you live near one? They have mascaras and brow stuff at mine.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:35 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

ndpittman wrote:
missmuffcake wrote:
I remember reading a post stating a Laura Mercier mascara was vegan....but I looked tonight at Macy's and it has beeswax...

The website lists synthetic beeswax, but it also lists panthenol in a couple of the mascaras, and I'm not sure if that's animal based or not. They were super responsive when I wrote about the Secret Brightener concealer though, if you're really interested. I was only interested when I wanted to replace UD during the selling to China scare.

ETA: I think this is the one that I was looking on based on the contact lenses review: http://www.lauramercier.com/store/shop/Mascara_Faux-Lash-Mascara_prod690002

I just wrote to them about their Long Lash Mascara (vegan at first glance -- in black, as burgundy contains carmine), and YAY! I've been using the Long Lash lately and looooving it so much more than the Faux Lash (which was clumpy).

"Hello,

The Panthenol used in our Long Lash Mascara is plant derived. Thank you for your interest in Laura Mercier Cosmetics.

Tis the season to be flawless!
CUSTOMER CARE
Toll Free 1.888.MERCIER (1-888-637-2437)"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UD I HATE YOU!

Bastages.... I knew it was too good to be true.
Well then fine.. Fool me once... what ever. wont buy from them again. Will just stick with my Too Faced.

anyway.

I grabbed a tube of Za Za Zu from Nyx a few weeks ago and am really liking it a lot. Not what I normally go for as I like the BIG lash look, but its really got some punch and the brush is very... fluffy? kind of and no clumps at all. I havent noticed any flaking and it doesnt smudge at all so far. Two coats gives it a good look and one gives a nice feathery look and still gives some punch.

I stick with all CF products so I am not sure about the Vegan side, but I also have a few others in there I have been jumping back and forth between. I have a tube of Hard Candy Lashaholic I have been liking a lot too but it has a small tendency to flake a bit.

I grabbed something called Lash Powder from Essence when I was at Ulta one day that you put on between coats of mascara, ANY Mascara, and it REALLY boosts your OOMPH of your lashes, giving you a falsie look without the fakes. its pretty interesting but you kind of have to find the right mascara to use with it because different mascaras will flake off pretty badly with it. I guess they have to have a bit more of a ... softer? base with them. Maybe my Physicians Formula "organic" formula will be better for that. not sure. havent opened it yet.

IF you guys havent tried the Too Faced mascaras yet? Def give them a try. They are pretty awesome. Lash Injection is still one of my all time faves, and Pin point under it?? Good Golly Miss Molly.... talk about mega lashes :D

Again... not sure if Vegan... but I know they are all CF...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:01 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Too Faced mascaras are not vegan. I wish they were, I like some of their products.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:11 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Raila wrote:
Maybe my Physicians Formula "organic" formula will be better for that. not sure. havent opened it yet.

the last time i checked, all of the physicians formula mascaras contained beeswax. i'd be psyched if that weren't the case anymore; for whatever reason, my local cvs carries a lot of physicians formula products and no wet 'n' wild or other normally common brands.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:55 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

man Im sorry guys :( between Freaking Loreal and China, this is killing all of our choices.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:39 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So I've worn the elf waterproof mascara a few times now. It doesn't smudge or flake, and it doesn't irritate my eyes, so that's good. The payoff isn't as dramatic as I like, but with 3 or so coats it's acceptable. I'll be saving it for long days and sticking with other mascaras for shorter days where smudging isn't an issue.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

la vie sale wrote:
Too Faced mascaras are not vegan. I wish they were, I like some of their products.

Out of curiosity, what is non-vegan about Size Queen Mascara? Is it the panthenol? No beeswax or carmine...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:48 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

fruitbat wrote:
la vie sale wrote:

Out of curiosity, what is non-vegan about Size Queen Mascara? Is it the panthenol? No beeswax or carmine...

i know the products are all vegetarian, i emailed them a long time ago. they use lanolin, silk, beeswax, carmine...i don't know what could be in there either, but it's not listed as vegan:( i'm also bummed that the 3 way liner isn't vegan. glad they added a vegan list, though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:58 pm 

Their products that are vegan they list, so it must be the panthenol. I emailed them once about a product and they were really quick and friendly to respond, so I suppose you can try asking them.

I just bought the Eyeko mascara and so far love it. My to go to will be that one and ZuZu.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:30 pm 

la vie sale wrote:
Their products that are vegan they list, so it must be the panthenol. I emailed them once about a product and they were really quick and friendly to respond, so I suppose you can try asking them.

I just bought the Eyeko mascara and so far love it. My to go to will be that one and ZuZu.

It's out of my price range, so I was just curious. Sometimes it's very hard to navigate what is vegan and not every company is nice enough to tell you if an item is vegan or not. I'll have to replace my mascara soon, but I have no clue what to replace it with. I also hate the fact that I have to order everything over the internet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:31 pm 

How about Barry M? You can order that through a few UK sites with free shipping. I ordered it before and it was free to the US and I like their mascara. I make my mascaras last a few months longer by adding a few drops of water a few times when they dry out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:14 am 
Ninja Master

la vie sale wrote:
How about Barry M? You can order that through a few UK sites with free shipping. I ordered it before and it was free to the US and I like their mascara. I make my mascaras last a few months longer by adding a few drops of water a few times when they dry out.

be very careful doing that! Mascara is notorious for harbouring bacteria, which is why you're meant to bin it every couple of months. Products with water in have to be properly preserved so it's never a good idea to add water to things.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:02 am 

baps wrote:
la vie sale wrote:

be very careful doing that! Mascara is notorious for harbouring bacteria, which is why you're meant to bin it every couple of months. Products with water in have to be properly preserved so it's never a good idea to add water to things.

Yeah, that sounds dangerous to me. Please tell me you are at least using distilled water... Anyway, I'll look into Barry M. Seems like the shipping on their site is £7 (ouch) but there are other places. Which one would be best for volume? The 3-in-1? I want a super black (I do not like greyish black) one that doesn't flake or smear. I don't like waterproof mascaras.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:33 am 
Ninja Master

fruitbat wrote:
Which one would be best for volume? The 3-in-1? I want a super black (I do not like greyish black) one that doesn't flake or smear. I don't like waterproof mascaras.

Personally I like the lash modelling mascara the best and they've just brought out an extra black one as well!

It has a brush that I like better than the 3 in 1.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:51 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Fruitbat, do stores near you carry GOSH? The Amazing Length’n Build Mascara (not the water-proof one) is vegan (see list of GOSH products in the Oh pretty vegan topic). I haven't tried it myself so I don't know if it's any good, but the price is probably not that bad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:18 am 

fisticuffs wrote:
Fruitbat, do stores near you carry GOSH? The Amazing Length’n Build Mascara (not the water-proof one) is vegan (see list of GOSH products in the Oh pretty vegan topic). I haven't tried it myself so I don't know if it's any good, but the price is probably not that bad.

I've never seen GOSH, but I'll keep an eye out. One would think Danish brands could be found in Sweden, but that's true for surprisingly few. It would be nice to find something you can buy in an actual shop... especially for things like mascara that needs to be replaced on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:34 am 

Nope, just tap water! I guess that's not a good idea then.

Barry M lash modeling is what I have, it's good and build-able.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next