| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207 ... 1890  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:21 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I opened my box. Fun box of goodies. Basically, it is a targeted Chanel raid mixed with "cleaning out the closets." She sent me the biggest bar of No5 soap I have ever seen, a bottle of No5, 5 pairs of unopened velvet Wolford tights (I don't even want to know how one forgets one bought many pairs of super expensive tights), a bunch of Diptique soaps and things that she said they said are cruelty free (not sure I like, but she just gave me one each of her extras), a European only nail polish release (pale metallic blue!), and the Hermes scarf that has a sentimental value to her. I won't wear it, but I like having things with attachment and histories.

The best part: cute bird card with a note saying she has more to send me but it has to come out of the kitty litter first. I'm afraid to ask.

I hope she likes the books I sent her. I just random things I've liked, hoping to find something she hasn't read and likes.

I really like the cleaning out the closet approach to gifts. It kind of gives me the warm fuzzies in a way. I also really, really needed tights since I managed to rip my last decent pair last week on a metal desk drawer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:23 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Nd, you wouldn't bail on a child. That's pretty obvious.

I hope you get loverly new year news and Wilson is back with you soon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:34 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lavawitch wrote:

Thank you so much. That means more than you know.

Those tights sound divine!! Enjoy your goodies!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:49 pm 
Chard Martyr

Tired. Annoyed. I don't like when I feel like this. Hopefully some sleep will help!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:44 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I cooked curry for dinner and pasta salad, roasted eggplant, and peanut butter blondies for a special indoor picnic date tomorrow. Not to mention I dyed my hair, hung up all my laundry (it was a disaster), did all the dishes, cleaned the bathroom, and took out a ton of garbage from downstairs.
Now tomorrow I get to have cute funtimes with boyfriend- banana pancakes and coffee for breakfast, Pacific Science Center, looking at the lights downtown, and said picnic. Instead of gifts, we're planning six dates each (for 12 days of Christmas...we just both work too much to have it be the actual 12 days). This is my second for him.
Swooooon.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:02 am 
WELFARIST!

I've been working so much lately that my body is in pain and tonight I was so slow at work and didn't feel well. I've been taking B100-complex and magnesium. Anyone have any other advice? My feet and muscles are the worst. I'll finally have a break on Wednesday and I know that they literally cannot schedule me for any more time or else I'll go into overtime so I'll definitely have that day to veg before I go back to my crazy hours.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:38 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

There was some interesting filler material on the Beeb about the history of vegetarianism in England, and the genesis of the Vegetarian Society: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20666581. Amusingly, it was started by a Rev. Cowherd from Carnforth. Perhaps Mr Chickenwings from Sausageville wasn't available for comment.

Which reminds me! If you haven't read Ann O'Connel's Early Vegetarian Recipes, you should amend that. Almost everything is veganisable, and DIY almond milk has been an alternative to cow milk since at least 1390, because refrigeration was not really an option, so you can use that if you're playing the authenticity game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:52 am 
Saggy Butt

I got a B, a B+, and another B. At least I don't have to do my ritual curled up in a ball, rocking back and forth, chanting 'Cs GET DEGREES' dance this term.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:01 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

sigh. I have this profound appreciation for getting to experience reality even when it's snowy or i'm sad or in pain and it is one of the most frustrating things to not be able to take the physical embodiment of this and cram it down my friend's throats, like giving a cat a pill, just hold their mouths closed until they are excited about being alive in the world.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:02 am 
Saggy Butt

booberthefraggle wrote:
sigh. I have this profound appreciation for getting to experience reality even when it's snowy or i'm sad or in pain and it is one of the most frustrating things to not be able to take the physical embodiment of this and cram it down my friend's throats, like giving a cat a pill, just hold their mouths closed until they are excited about being alive in the world.

I sometimes wish I could bottle that feeling and save it up for consumption when it feels like reality sucks...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:15 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Boober, I could use that cat pill. I've lost touch with that feeling recently.

BTW, I helped your Dutch doppelganger buy books at work this weekend. I actually had a moment where I thought "Could Boober be visiting Amsterdam?" until you opened your mouth and spoke Dutch. As far as I know, you don't actually speak Dutch, so that was kind of a giveaway.

I have been really really stressed lately trying to take care of some things that are big-life-change related and time sensitive, and I have to confess that my self care has gone all to shiitake. I forget to shower, don't leave the house unless absolutely necessary (like for work), and forget to eat/drink. My house is a forking disaster, and considering I'm not the tidiest/best housekeeper at the best of times, that's saying a lot. I haven't slept in my bed for, I think, close to two months now, preferring to fall asleep on the couch with the TV on in the background and staying there all night. My bed is covered in clothes that I take off and dump there. I know I shouldn't necessarily wait for the stressful period to pass to start making more of an effort, but I find it so hard to motivate myself to do anything until the insecurity of the situation passes. I guess it's good I've got some stuff to do outside of the house tomorrow because that'll force me to at least shower and get dressed.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:16 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've also lost touch with that. Gimme dat pill!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 am 
Semen Strong

ndpittman wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

Yes, you're so such a loving person, and you haven't bailed on W even when things got tough, so I agree that I can't see you ever bailing on a child.

I totally get being overwhelmed- I didn't have my kidlet till I was 40 because I thought it would be so overwhelming and not for me. And then you do it, and for me its wonderful. There isn't much overwhelm bc you are in the moment and every hard moment is made lighter by how delightful they are. Leela smiling or giggling or even just reaching over to touch me makes my day every day.

Missd, those dates sound wonderful!

Gulliver, that is fascinating!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:26 am 
WRETCHED

ndpittman wrote:
That interview was actually last year? Maybe? It was pretty random. I go through phases of wanting a baby and then being overwhelmed at the idea of being responsible for someone else. And then there's the complication of my own mom. She gave up custody of my brother when he was two and then did it again six years later when I was two (different fathers). I can help wondering if I'd bail, too, and that's not fair.

People keep having these sweet, happy, curious little babies though!

Then I remember that I can barely take care of myself.

The loose 5 year plan is to get Wilson home, pay off some debt, then re-evaluate.

I hope Wilson does get home :)

I used to think that I wouldn't be able to have a successful relationship or be a good parent (if I wanted to) because my bio father was such a crappy father. He treated my mom like crepe too. I am not him though. Not that I want kids but if I did, I also wouldn't bail on them. I know that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:05 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

The accountant who processes our wages has sent another passive-aggressive email. I know I need to send you the wages. It would, however, be beneficial to allow me to wait until I'm actually at work before I attempt do so. She once asked for my home phone number to contact me there about it.

I know she's being professional and chasing me up, but I have never missed the deadline once, or even nearly done so. I have never needed to be reminded. I have even contacted her with a "You don't need to worry, it's all under control!" message. So, she's started emailing my superiors instead, who reply "I'm sure Gulliver has it under control". Which I do. So there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 am 

Holy forking SAD.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:37 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

paprikapapaya wrote:
Holy forking SAD.

Hugs. And here's a picture of a baby goat:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:39 am 

OMGZ GOAT!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:42 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

It is snowing. In Eugene, in December... crazy.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:01 am 

Tofulish wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

Yes, you're so such a loving person, and you haven't bailed on W even when things got tough, so I agree that I can't see you ever bailing on a child.

I totally get being overwhelmed- I didn't have my kidlet till I was 40 because I thought it would be so overwhelming and not for me. And then you do it, and for me its wonderful. There isn't much overwhelm bc you are in the moment and every hard moment is made lighter by how delightful they are. Leela smiling or giggling or even just reaching over to touch me makes my day every day.

Missd, those dates sound wonderful!

Gulliver, that is fascinating!

Which is exactly what sways me to the other side. Leela is such a sweetheart, and I have a lot of friends with amazing kids, and my nieces just slay me, they are so awesome and funny. (They don't ever sleep though, so that would be a rough one.)

I should say, my mom didn't totally abandon us, she came to pick my brother and I up most Sundays for a visit. And she does love me a lot in her way. Like I am pretty sure she is sending my dad up with vegan nut cups, which were one of my favorite cookies she makes. They're like mini pecan pies. Of course she called me from the grocery store stressed out because she couldn't find Ener-G and she'll probably tell me how exhausted she is because she was up late making everything perfect.

Gah. Parents. See, do I want to inflict this on a new person? But those little baby hugs and kisses. My Lard.

Yep, still undecided. Plus I suppose Wilson will have to have a say. He wanted more kids until he went to Brazil and spent a lot of time with his daughter and nieces and nephews. They're loud! They break everything! They're always getting hurt! They always want money! He adores them though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:02 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

booberthefraggle wrote:

Pill me!

(For reals this post may have given me the kick in the butt I needed today.)

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:05 am 

lepelaar wrote:
Boober, I could use that cat pill. I've lost touch with that feeling recently.

BTW, I helped your Dutch doppelganger buy books at work this weekend. I actually had a moment where I thought "Could Boober be visiting Amsterdam?" until you opened your mouth and spoke Dutch. As far as I know, you don't actually speak Dutch, so that was kind of a giveaway.

I have been really really stressed lately trying to take care of some things that are big-life-change related and time sensitive, and I have to confess that my self care has gone all to shiitake. I forget to shower, don't leave the house unless absolutely necessary (like for work), and forget to eat/drink. My house is a forking disaster, and considering I'm not the tidiest/best housekeeper at the best of times, that's saying a lot. I haven't slept in my bed for, I think, close to two months now, preferring to fall asleep on the couch with the TV on in the background and staying there all night. My bed is covered in clothes that I take off and dump there. I know I shouldn't necessarily wait for the stressful period to pass to start making more of an effort, but I find it so hard to motivate myself to do anything until the insecurity of the situation passes. I guess it's good I've got some stuff to do outside of the house tomorrow because that'll force me to at least shower and get dressed.

Hugs to you! I'm in a similar place. I was so good for a bit there, too. I'm hoping that I'll get myself pulled back out of it. Thought you might enjoy this if you haven't seen it.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:12 am 
Impressive boner

Never mind.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:25 am 
Shopped till she dropped

ndpittman wrote:

I'm in the rebellion phase right now. I haven't gotten off the couch in my last three days off, and when I get home from work, it's more of the same. While I was in the shower this morning, I decided that my New Year's resolution is to be less of a lazy crasshole.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:54 am 

Hugs and a BABY. GOAT. Thank you, Paloma!
I need more baby goats in my life. And hugs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207 ... 1890  Next