| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Homeland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:14 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

It's obvious: Saul did it, so that he gets his wife back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:21 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

rhelune wrote:

and becomes head of the CIA!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:39 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Nebraskalaska wrote:
rhelune wrote:

and becomes head of the CIA!

I thought about that, but I don't want that to be true.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:43 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I don't think Saul actually did it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:03 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

BetsyBoo wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:
I'm not really sure what happened? What was Saul's look at the end? Do we really think Brody didn't do it? I'm confizzled. Where is Quinn???

I'm confizzled too. I think they are leading us to believe that Quinn is the mole but that doesn't make sense. I am also wondering why they brought Saul's wife back in the final minutes of the episode after they dropped all that on us- that makes the suspicious person in me think that she is the mole but that really doesn't make any sense. I hate having to wait all year for a new episode!

Right! And she was acting a little weird, too. Now I have no idea what's going on. The whole CIA is dead? And the president wasn't at the memorial service? I know there are a lot of unbelievable things that happen on the show but the storytelling just isn't ringing true. Hopefully next season will be better.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:44 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I was joking. We need smilies :D

I think Mira's reaction is reasonable. She's half the world away, hears about the explosion on the TV, phone lines are jammed... The purpose of her returning to America is so that Carrie eats her words.

ETA: That was CIA's memorial service because Walden used to be the director of CIA.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

IsaChandra wrote:
The whole CIA is dead? And the president wasn't at the memorial service? I know there are a lot of unbelievable things that happen on the show but the storytelling just isn't ringing true. Hopefully next season will be better.

Walden has a long career with the CIA it makes sense for them to host their own in-house memorial, especially since high-profile families like that often opt to have private funeral services for close family and friends. I actually don't think it would make sense for the president to be there. Or at least, it would make sense for him to not be there.

Not that there aren't still a bajillion other plot holes and questions.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I thought it was unbelievable that Carrie wouldn't have thought there would be an attack in retaliation for nazir's death. Wouldn't they all be on heightened alert? The whole episode I was confused. I'm hoping its better next season, but I really don't know where they are going with it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:01 pm 

Do you think they even know? I don't get how you can just drop the mole storyline! And leave so many loose ends. There really was no pay-off. I mean, the pay-off came in like the 3rd ep and since then it's been like "Oooookayyyyyy......."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:22 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I feel like there would still have to be a mole at the CIA to move Brody's car from the parking lot to the side of the building? I don't know much about Langley, but I doubt you can just stroll right onto the campus.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:56 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I feel like a dumbpants for buying into the soap opera romance between Brody and Carrie, but I really do find it compelling. And I'm pretty confident he's innocent as far as the bomb and stuff. I think he's really trying to move on, like he said. Wishful thinking?

There'd better be a forking mole after all of that. I have been watching EVERY episode with an eye out for potential moles, and it's really going to peas me off if there isn't one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:54 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I cracked up at Quinn's "I shoot bad guys!" bit. I mean, can someone who kills people for a living really be that naive? Plus, in a show that complicates everyone's motivations and leaves you wondering who the hell you're rooting for, to have that wide-eyed innocence was just odd.

Damn these short seasons!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:30 am 

Nebraskalaska wrote:
I feel like there would still have to be a mole at the CIA to move Brody's car from the parking lot to the side of the building? I don't know much about Langley, but I doubt you can just stroll right onto the campus.

Yeah, unless Brody did that himself?

But it's weird, they pretty much killed off anyone who could be a mole, except for Quinn. And if Quinn is a mole that just wouldn't make any sense. Is the mole just some douchebag that the audience doesn't know yet? That'd suck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:47 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

It better not be Quinn, I felt like that was his last episode, but maybe he'll be back. Plus he was new and the moley stuff went way back.

I feel like they have been making us think there is a mole all along but there really isn't one. Maybe Nazir had this plan all along and his back up crew, still in the area, carried out the plan to bomb the funeral.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:37 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

IsaChandra wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:

But it's weird, they pretty much killed off anyone who could be a mole, except for Quinn. And if Quinn is a mole that just wouldn't make any sense. Is the mole just some douchebag that the audience doesn't know yet? That'd suck!

I don't believe it's Brody. I know it could be Brody, but I don't think he would ever willingly put Carrie so close to danger. It was Carrie's idea to leave the memorial, not his.

Did Galvez die, or could it still be him? After the CIA chase and his stitches excuse I sort of believed him, but maybe that was just to throw him off.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:59 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

rhelune wrote:
I was joking. We need smilies :D

I think Mira's reaction is reasonable. She's half the world away, hears about the explosion on the TV, phone lines are jammed... The purpose of her returning to America is so that Carrie eats her words.

I think it's totally reasonable that she calls concerned because she heard about what has happened, wants to know that Saul is OK, etc., but she was acting really strange. I felt like she was really acting strange when she asked about Carrie. Carrie was the reason that Abu Nazir is dead and she had been after him for years. Also- why bring her out of the blue at the very end? She hasn't been mentioned all season. It totally doesn't makes any sense (story wise) that she is the mole, but it seems like something is amiss with her return to me...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:05 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

IsaChandra wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:

I had been thinking all season that the mole was just some douchebag that the audience doesn't know yet. Now I think its Saul's wife. Maybe.

Last edited by BetsyBoo on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:12 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

They only confirmed that a few people were killed in the explosion, and that many of the others were presumed dead... so I think that leaves some artistic license for them to make some people magically appear the way that Carrie did. Maybe someone was in the bathroom when the bomb went off.

And maybe I'm naive but I believe that Brody wasn't involved... I know that's probably what they want me to think...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:15 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I hate to say this. I even hate to think it but many signs point to Saul as a bad guy. He had access to the explosives from the tailor's shop, he loves Carrie as a daughter and is upset that she was possibly choosing Brody over the CIA, he was far away from Langley when the bomb went off, he had access to Brody's suicide video, and he hates Estes. Killing Carrie, Brody, Estes and making it look like Brody was responsible was his plan. Maybe killing Carrie wasn't part of the plan at first but she because part of it through her choice.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:29 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I believe that the video leak is from Hezbollah, not CIA.

Saul tried to stop Brody's assassination. Why? Only so he can blame him for the explosion?

I don't think even screenwriters know at this point who did it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:21 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I also don't think Brody did it, because for him the focus of his revenge was always on Walden, not so much the CIA and US government as a whole like Nazir. In his suicide tape he did say he loved his country, and we know he had an aversion killing innocent people. I don't think Brody would be okay at all with killing people like Finn (he told Dana he would be there) or Walden's wife, or even lower level employees and custodians. Brody had been wrestling with actually carrying out a revenge plot until Nazir forced his hand with the dumb-pants pacemaker thing. I think it left Brody with a sense of satisfaction and closure because 1.) he got to watch Walden die 2.) he didn't have to commit suicide.

Unfortunately, terrorists are not as happy with a quiet (yet completely over the top) assassination as Brody. Nazir still needed to send a message and claim an attack in the name of his son. The pieces were all in place with a whole bunch of high-profile CIA folks and family members set to be in the same place. Brody was just a pawn with a security clearance, and by using him he was punished for betraying Nazir. Also, by pinning it on Brody they got to keep their trusted mole at the CIA in play.

Anyway, I agree that I don't think the writers know exactly who did it, but I think they know who didn't. It could be Max! My money is still on Galvez though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:48 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

rhelune wrote:
Saul tried to stop Brody's assassination. Why? Only so he can blame him for the explosion?

Yes. If Brody was assassinated, then Saul couldn't frame him for the bomb.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:59 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I just wrote this whole post about Saul and the memory card with Brody's video on it and all I ended up doing was confusing myself. I think I need to go back and rewatch the season... I really don't want it to be Saul!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:45 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I totally don't think it's Saul. It would be such a betrayal of the character they've developed - he is so clearly, deeply, and thoroughly a good guy.

I 50% think Brody did it, 50% think it was Nazir blowback. Brody felt totally disingenuous to me almost the whole episode - I just don't believe his love for Carrie, it just seems like he's doing what's most convenient for him and will get him to safety. He looked ready to leave the memorial before Carrie made any gesture to him.

Hopes for next season: Carrie comes back to the CIA for real and is in charge of important stuff, hunts down some lower level terrorists while trying to clear Brody's name, possibly discovers Brody did it, but still wants to bone him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:59 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I just finished this season! I've been reading through this thread and am shocked that I seem to be the only one who doesn't find the Carrie/Brody romance to be convincing or compelling. They drive me crazy.

That being said, I don't think Brody caused the explosion. I don't know who did though. I just know that I DON'T want it to have been Saul.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next