| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421 ... 619  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:00 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh, grandma passed away. I found out when I woke up. It was mercifully fast and apparently painless. And for that, I am grateful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:27 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Hugs to you invictus <3 xxx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:31 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

I agreed to work 10 miles north of the City tonight, now I have to try to find out which roads might be blocked by protesters on my way home. There was trouble last night in the town I'm working in later and the police had to use water cannons in the city last night. This job involves sitting in the car outside a KFC, which tends to attract the yoofs. Urgh, do not want my car hijacked if things kick off.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:00 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm having an incredibly difficult time securing an adult with a car to accompany me for surgery. My sister initially bailed but is now hinting that it might be possible. Originally she was supposed to go, no problem. Mom refuses to go and has her list of ready made excuses. It's a forking day out of their lives, I'd be forever forking grateful and markedly better looking and better able to bite things, and no one can help.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:03 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

GymClassZero wrote:
I'm having an incredibly difficult time securing an adult with a car to accompany me for surgery. My sister initially bailed but is now hinting that it might be possible. Originally she was supposed to go, no problem. Mom refuses to go and has her list of ready made excuses. It's a forking day out of their lives, I'd be forever forking grateful and markedly better looking and better able to bite things, and no one can help.

Wow, that's unbelievable to me. I wish I could take you! Good luck with your surgery. I hope it goes well. And I hope you can find someone to take you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:08 pm 

Thanks! I'm trying a more feisty approach with everyone. My sister was using some mystery appointment as an excuse but I pressed and gave her every detail I had on the surgery and reminded her it was overnight and I'd be out the very next day. There are a couple other people I could try but they are notoriously unreliable so I'm hesitant.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:42 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

More passive aggressive shaming emails from family about coming to holiday celebrations that I have no interest in attending. I'm trying to think of a polite way of declining so I don't go off on the fact that I don't want to: 1) deflect questions about my single status; 2) give free legal advice; 3) defend my eating choices while having no food options at their house unless I want to make up a plate and bring it on a three hour drive; and 4) say that I have no interest in having a relationship with them. My mom thinks there should be a miraculous bringing together of the entire extended family since my sister passed away and seems intent on ignoring my telling her that all of the issues in relationships are still going to be there. Part of me thinks I should be a bigger person and go, but I just don't want to.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry fatcat. It sounds really hard, and I think you need to do whatever is best for you.

Just so you know you're not alone, my mother died just before Thanksgiving and I skipped every holiday event that year, because it was just too hard on me emotionally to have to put on a happy face for people. And that is what I said to people - I am grieving and I want to be alone. You've had a huge loss and its really raw and fresh, so you need to do whatever you need to do to support your own grieving and healing.

Big big big hugs to you. <3

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:03 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Hugs invictsu!

Wow, GCZ, that sucks. I hope you can work something out!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

That is good advice Tofulish. I think that's what I'll put in my response email. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:08 pm 
And you never will.

(((Invictus)))

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:06 am 
Chard Martyr

Hugs, invictus, sorry for your loss.

I'm just over freaking tired and I got into a tizzy and Saturday cannot come soon enough.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Thank you, everyone. My heart is tired. I have a friend who is being awesomely supportive in particular, thankfully.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:44 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Aside from feeling too goddamn awful to eat, I found out that my favorite local beer is not vegan! I'm really surprised at how upset this is making me!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:01 pm 
Nailed to the V

I helped decorate another christmas tree tonight; I always enjoy it, but at the same time it always makes me somewhat melancholic. :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:13 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I just saw the last guy I dated, who didn't break but certainly bruised/sprained my heart. He totally could have passed without me knowing but he called out my name and waved with a big smile. As Jordan so sagely said, "why didn't he have the decency to be awkward and weird?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Went to Costco, which is usually fun. Even if I don't buy much, they have the most random things sometimes, so it's fun.

Stupid mobile cart died at the extra end back of the store by the freezers, so I had to walk to the front, which really hurt. Now I have pain shooting up my back, my bones just ache. I started to lose my balance by the time I got to the front because my lower back went numb. It's going to hurt rest of the night now.

I really hate my life. I didn't get what I needed, had to sit while my mom finished shopping, then too sore to go other places I needed or wanted. Basically, I can't do anything, ever. And can definitely forget anything fun.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:03 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

TupeloHoney wrote:
Aside from feeling too goddamn awful to eat, I found out that my favorite local beer is not vegan! I'm really surprised at how upset this is making me!

That sucks. I hate it when that happens but now you get to have fun sampling all the other local vegan beers until you find a new favourite.

Today I've realised that I don't just have a cold, it's the flu. I can hardly get out of bed and I'm a mess. I'm gonna have to miss my favourite local wintertime tradition, The Burning of the Clocks, tomorrow. I haven't missed it in 10 years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:07 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm so sorry, lavawitch. My chronic pain isn't as bad as yours by the sound of it, but I know how massively it sucks to have it dictate whether a person can (or can't) do the simplest thing that other people can do so easily. It's very hard sometimes. I know I'm probably not really helping, just wanted to say you're not alone.

Hope you feel better soon. You too, Jojo. And everyone else in the thread.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:47 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Had a consult with a GI doctor. Now I'm being tested for multiple autoimmune diseases and cancer. What the fork? I mean really....what...the....fork!?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:22 pm 
Inflexitarian

Allergic reaction. Someone poisoned me with cupcakes they swore they made egg and dairy free. Then I blew up like a balloon and got hives and got to take a trip in an ambulance. I hate potlucks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:38 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I had maintained friends with my ex and his family on FB because we're in theory trying to be friends IRL, but today because someone had 'liked' one of his girlfriend's posts with him tagged in it I got to see all about him and her having fun in Seattle seeing Louis CK. When he bought those Louis CK tickets and booked the hotel room we were still together and they were for us. He and his family have since been unfriended. I'm really not over this breakup.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:53 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Boyfriend's doggy got out of the house and was killed by a car. :( The driver was crying when he called after checking her tag.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:38 am 

Oh jigglypuff. How dreadful.
Hugs to you, the bf and the driver.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:43 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Aw, that's so terrible. I'm sorry Jigglypuff.

Big hugs to you, Mars!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 415, 416, 417, 418, 419, 420, 421 ... 619  Next