| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208 ... 1873  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 pm 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5404
Location: BRLA
Things at work are tense because two of my coworkers (that have been here roughly half the time I have and have different job roles) are now realizing I have Christmas Eve off and they don't. And I don't know what to do but apologize.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3265
Location: Ireland
I don't know whether my car is blessed or hexed. I've been in my 2nd car accident in 2 weeks. Someone rear ended me today. Pretty hard. All that happened my car was some dirt fell off. The other accident was my fault and I got a cracked light. Even though my car is known as a granny car/death trap it has faired a hell of a lot better than the other 2 cars.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:01 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm
Posts: 3242
Location: Almost Boston
My dog is feeling a little better today, and it's her birthday, so I'm baking a dog cake and we'll have a little party later. It's her first birthday!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:02 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6516
Location: Boston, MA
AW!! Precious baby; I hope she keeps feeling better and enjoys her dog cake. She's lucky to have you.

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:26 pm 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 2826
Location: Boston, MA
boss just gave a xmas gift- wool mittens. I told her I don't wear wool, felt super bad though. I did the right thing I guess but I hate feeling like an ungrateful jerk. Now I'm doubting whether I should have just taken them and said nothing.

I usually take these things on a case by case basis, depending on the situation. Like last year my bf's mom gave me something wool and I didn't say anything but just gave em away. But I felt like in this situation, that it might happen again in the future, so it was best to just say it. I did apologize like 10 times and said I really appreciated the thought.

_________________
"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:31 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm
Posts: 3265
Location: Ireland
RC... give her a birthday hug from me and a big sniff of the bum from my Lexi.

_________________
Meowchickameow meow! - Tofulish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:04 pm 
Offline
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm
Posts: 3249
Location: The Bene
ndpittman wrote:
lepelaar wrote:
Boober, I could use that cat pill. I've lost touch with that feeling recently.

BTW, I helped your Dutch doppelganger buy books at work this weekend. I actually had a moment where I thought "Could Boober be visiting Amsterdam?" until you opened your mouth and spoke Dutch. As far as I know, you don't actually speak Dutch, so that was kind of a giveaway.

I have been really really stressed lately trying to take care of some things that are big-life-change related and time sensitive, and I have to confess that my self care has gone all to shiitake. I forget to shower, don't leave the house unless absolutely necessary (like for work), and forget to eat/drink. My house is a forking disaster, and considering I'm not the tidiest/best housekeeper at the best of times, that's saying a lot. I haven't slept in my bed for, I think, close to two months now, preferring to fall asleep on the couch with the TV on in the background and staying there all night. My bed is covered in clothes that I take off and dump there. I know I shouldn't necessarily wait for the stressful period to pass to start making more of an effort, but I find it so hard to motivate myself to do anything until the insecurity of the situation passes. I guess it's good I've got some stuff to do outside of the house tomorrow because that'll force me to at least shower and get dressed.


Hugs to you! I'm in a similar place. I was so good for a bit there, too. I'm hoping that I'll get myself pulled back out of it. Thought you might enjoy this if you haven't seen it.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html


Aw, thanks ndp! Hugs back to you! Yeah, sometimes those adult responsibilities just get to be overwhelming. When I was a kid, I thought that just getting older would make them easier, but nope. Sometimes you can put stuff off or just deal with a little at a time, but sometimes (like now) there's a lot of stuff coming at you that you HAVE to deal with right away or there will be bigger consequences. In my case it's trying to get everything arranged to buy a house and emigrate. You probably have similar inescapable adult shiitake to deal with trying to get your husband back into the US, don't you? And you know that when it's finally taken care of, you'll be so happy, but in the meantime, all the hoops you have to jump through and all the shiitake you have to take into account and get sorted is enough to send you into overload mode. Ammirite?

That Hyperbole and a Half post reminds me that I need to visit that website more often. Thanks for the link!

_________________
Ain't no guarantees in life, and nothing that comes out of my vagina can change that. - Erika Soyf*cker

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:11 pm 
Offline
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm
Posts: 1084
Location: Western Mass
Oh man, my dog is making crying baby sounds. What the fork?! It's so creepy. We're trying to re-train her to poop on paper and she likes us to know exactly how she feels about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:30 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6516
Location: Boston, MA
lepelaar wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
lepelaar wrote:
Boober, I could use that cat pill. I've lost touch with that feeling recently.

BTW, I helped your Dutch doppelganger buy books at work this weekend. I actually had a moment where I thought "Could Boober be visiting Amsterdam?" until you opened your mouth and spoke Dutch. As far as I know, you don't actually speak Dutch, so that was kind of a giveaway.

I have been really really stressed lately trying to take care of some things that are big-life-change related and time sensitive, and I have to confess that my self care has gone all to shiitake. I forget to shower, don't leave the house unless absolutely necessary (like for work), and forget to eat/drink. My house is a forking disaster, and considering I'm not the tidiest/best housekeeper at the best of times, that's saying a lot. I haven't slept in my bed for, I think, close to two months now, preferring to fall asleep on the couch with the TV on in the background and staying there all night. My bed is covered in clothes that I take off and dump there. I know I shouldn't necessarily wait for the stressful period to pass to start making more of an effort, but I find it so hard to motivate myself to do anything until the insecurity of the situation passes. I guess it's good I've got some stuff to do outside of the house tomorrow because that'll force me to at least shower and get dressed.


Hugs to you! I'm in a similar place. I was so good for a bit there, too. I'm hoping that I'll get myself pulled back out of it. Thought you might enjoy this if you haven't seen it.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html


Aw, thanks ndp! Hugs back to you! Yeah, sometimes those adult responsibilities just get to be overwhelming. When I was a kid, I thought that just getting older would make them easier, but nope. Sometimes you can put stuff off or just deal with a little at a time, but sometimes (like now) there's a lot of stuff coming at you that you HAVE to deal with right away or there will be bigger consequences. In my case it's trying to get everything arranged to buy a house and emigrate. You probably have similar inescapable adult shiitake to deal with trying to get your husband back into the US, don't you? And you know that when it's finally taken care of, you'll be so happy, but in the meantime, all the hoops you have to jump through and all the shiitake you have to take into account and get sorted is enough to send you into overload mode. Ammirite?

That Hyperbole and a Half post reminds me that I need to visit that website more often. Thanks for the link!


Exactly! One step at a time; we'll both get there. I'm sure of it. Hopefully we'll both be showered, too.

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 pm 
Offline
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 4110
Location: Nottingham.
Hahahahaaaaa....

Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:55 pm 
Offline
Not a creepy cheese pocket person
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:17 pm
Posts: 4062
Location: Austin
mollyjade wrote:
So glad my work switched from a fancy sit down Holiday meal (at a place with very Christmasy decorations) to a more informal thing at work catered by Whole Foods and with homemade decorations. I'm probably the only one who appreciates the change. But Field Roast, roasted carrots and parsnips, potatoes, and pumpkin pie are so much better than the steamed vegetables I got at the fancy place.

Y'all, there was even vegan gravy to go with the Field Roast. I really do work with some awesome people.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4100
Location: the Eug
Our appraisal came in, right where we expected. So... now we just need the mortgage company to stay on top of things.
Just that one more hurdle and I own a house.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:08 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 2445
kfad wrote:
Our appraisal came in, right where we expected. So... now we just need the mortgage company to stay on top of things.
Just that one more hurdle and I own a house.


Yay! Do you know when you'll be able to move house?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:12 pm 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4100
Location: the Eug
Veg_Eric wrote:
kfad wrote:
Our appraisal came in, right where we expected. So... now we just need the mortgage company to stay on top of things.
Just that one more hurdle and I own a house.


Yay! Do you know when you'll be able to move house?


No matter what, we will need to be out of where we are by the 7th of January. I hope we will be putting in the flooring in the new place by the 2nd. Five days is tight, but we have a crew that has volunteered. And I think we can handle it. All the little details will work out once we are in the house.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:52 pm 
Offline
And you never will.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 4476
Location: Memphis
1 dozen brownies, 4 dozen cupcakes, 8 dozen cookies, 1 cake, 1 dozen cinnamon rolls, 1 pie, 1 dozen decorated cookies, and one order that has yet to be placed (but will be 3-4 dozen somethings) over the next 5 days. I want to spend time with my kid. I want to make Christmas cookies and mince pies for my family. I want to finish making gifts for the people in my life. I feel like I'm sucking at this holiday for the people I love because I just don't have the time or energy :(

_________________
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars
One vegan baker to another: "Dude, do you even sift?" - FootFace


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8648
Location: Maryland/DC area
I decided to take charge and brave the mall to return an item! I'm so proud of myself. I then went to a different shopping center to return some other items! Woo! Although I'm slightly disappointed than in doing so I missed some ppk drama but that is ok.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:51 pm 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4100
Location: the Eug
Just got "yelled" at by my brother via facebook. Oh yeah, that is why I don't hang with my siblings. They may be two of the most negative and angry people that I have ever met. I can't say anything to them without them coming back at me with rage and anger.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 pm
Posts: 10734
Location: Astoria, NY by way of San Diego, CA
I got an interview, guys! Now I gotta practice my strengths and weaknesses!

_________________
I am not a troll. I am TELLING YOU THE ******GOD'S TRUTH****** AND YOU JUST DON'T WANT THE HEAR IT DO YOU?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:06 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6516
Location: Boston, MA
SWEET!! Congrats, IJDI!!

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:17 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3136
Location: BKLN
yay ijdi! you're gonna crush it.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 4012
Location: St. Louis
aauugghhhh how do I decline to go to the circus with two 8 year olds without being a shithead?

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 12251
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
booberthefraggle wrote:
aauugghhhh how do I decline to go to the circus with two 8 year olds without being a shithead?


Be busy that day and take them to the awesome children's/science museum the following weekend.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:42 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 4012
Location: St. Louis
i'm going to be in florida for 3 days during which point my baby sister's brownie troop has decided to go to the circus, and she got a ticket for me. augh :(

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:12 pm 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8648
Location: Maryland/DC area
crepe... say you are allergic to hay? (I don't know why, but I imagine circuses have a lot of hay)

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Last edited by linanil on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6189
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
I'm kind of impressed.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208 ... 1873  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DanaBee and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer