| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208 ... 1873  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Things at work are tense because two of my coworkers (that have been here roughly half the time I have and have different job roles) are now realizing I have Christmas Eve off and they don't. And I don't know what to do but apologize.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:01 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I don't know whether my car is blessed or hexed. I've been in my 2nd car accident in 2 weeks. Someone rear ended me today. Pretty hard. All that happened my car was some dirt fell off. The other accident was my fault and I got a cracked light. Even though my car is known as a granny car/death trap it has faired a hell of a lot better than the other 2 cars.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:01 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My dog is feeling a little better today, and it's her birthday, so I'm baking a dog cake and we'll have a little party later. It's her first birthday!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:02 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

AW!! Precious baby; I hope she keeps feeling better and enjoys her dog cake. She's lucky to have you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:26 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

boss just gave a xmas gift- wool mittens. I told her I don't wear wool, felt super bad though. I did the right thing I guess but I hate feeling like an ungrateful jerk. Now I'm doubting whether I should have just taken them and said nothing.

I usually take these things on a case by case basis, depending on the situation. Like last year my bf's mom gave me something wool and I didn't say anything but just gave em away. But I felt like in this situation, that it might happen again in the future, so it was best to just say it. I did apologize like 10 times and said I really appreciated the thought.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:31 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

RC... give her a birthday hug from me and a big sniff of the bum from my Lexi.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:04 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

ndpittman wrote:
lepelaar wrote:
Boober, I could use that cat pill. I've lost touch with that feeling recently.

BTW, I helped your Dutch doppelganger buy books at work this weekend. I actually had a moment where I thought "Could Boober be visiting Amsterdam?" until you opened your mouth and spoke Dutch. As far as I know, you don't actually speak Dutch, so that was kind of a giveaway.

I have been really really stressed lately trying to take care of some things that are big-life-change related and time sensitive, and I have to confess that my self care has gone all to shiitake. I forget to shower, don't leave the house unless absolutely necessary (like for work), and forget to eat/drink. My house is a forking disaster, and considering I'm not the tidiest/best housekeeper at the best of times, that's saying a lot. I haven't slept in my bed for, I think, close to two months now, preferring to fall asleep on the couch with the TV on in the background and staying there all night. My bed is covered in clothes that I take off and dump there. I know I shouldn't necessarily wait for the stressful period to pass to start making more of an effort, but I find it so hard to motivate myself to do anything until the insecurity of the situation passes. I guess it's good I've got some stuff to do outside of the house tomorrow because that'll force me to at least shower and get dressed.

Hugs to you! I'm in a similar place. I was so good for a bit there, too. I'm hoping that I'll get myself pulled back out of it. Thought you might enjoy this if you haven't seen it.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html

Aw, thanks ndp! Hugs back to you! Yeah, sometimes those adult responsibilities just get to be overwhelming. When I was a kid, I thought that just getting older would make them easier, but nope. Sometimes you can put stuff off or just deal with a little at a time, but sometimes (like now) there's a lot of stuff coming at you that you HAVE to deal with right away or there will be bigger consequences. In my case it's trying to get everything arranged to buy a house and emigrate. You probably have similar inescapable adult shiitake to deal with trying to get your husband back into the US, don't you? And you know that when it's finally taken care of, you'll be so happy, but in the meantime, all the hoops you have to jump through and all the shiitake you have to take into account and get sorted is enough to send you into overload mode. Ammirite?

That Hyperbole and a Half post reminds me that I need to visit that website more often. Thanks for the link!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:11 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Oh man, my dog is making crying baby sounds. What the fork?! It's so creepy. We're trying to re-train her to poop on paper and she likes us to know exactly how she feels about it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:30 pm 

lepelaar wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
lepelaar wrote:
Boober, I could use that cat pill. I've lost touch with that feeling recently.

BTW, I helped your Dutch doppelganger buy books at work this weekend. I actually had a moment where I thought "Could Boober be visiting Amsterdam?" until you opened your mouth and spoke Dutch. As far as I know, you don't actually speak Dutch, so that was kind of a giveaway.

I have been really really stressed lately trying to take care of some things that are big-life-change related and time sensitive, and I have to confess that my self care has gone all to shiitake. I forget to shower, don't leave the house unless absolutely necessary (like for work), and forget to eat/drink. My house is a forking disaster, and considering I'm not the tidiest/best housekeeper at the best of times, that's saying a lot. I haven't slept in my bed for, I think, close to two months now, preferring to fall asleep on the couch with the TV on in the background and staying there all night. My bed is covered in clothes that I take off and dump there. I know I shouldn't necessarily wait for the stressful period to pass to start making more of an effort, but I find it so hard to motivate myself to do anything until the insecurity of the situation passes. I guess it's good I've got some stuff to do outside of the house tomorrow because that'll force me to at least shower and get dressed.

Hugs to you! I'm in a similar place. I was so good for a bit there, too. I'm hoping that I'll get myself pulled back out of it. Thought you might enjoy this if you haven't seen it.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html

Aw, thanks ndp! Hugs back to you! Yeah, sometimes those adult responsibilities just get to be overwhelming. When I was a kid, I thought that just getting older would make them easier, but nope. Sometimes you can put stuff off or just deal with a little at a time, but sometimes (like now) there's a lot of stuff coming at you that you HAVE to deal with right away or there will be bigger consequences. In my case it's trying to get everything arranged to buy a house and emigrate. You probably have similar inescapable adult shiitake to deal with trying to get your husband back into the US, don't you? And you know that when it's finally taken care of, you'll be so happy, but in the meantime, all the hoops you have to jump through and all the shiitake you have to take into account and get sorted is enough to send you into overload mode. Ammirite?

That Hyperbole and a Half post reminds me that I need to visit that website more often. Thanks for the link!

Exactly! One step at a time; we'll both get there. I'm sure of it. Hopefully we'll both be showered, too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 pm 
Impressive boner

Hahahahaaaaa....

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:55 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

mollyjade wrote:
So glad my work switched from a fancy sit down Holiday meal (at a place with very Christmasy decorations) to a more informal thing at work catered by Whole Foods and with homemade decorations. I'm probably the only one who appreciates the change. But Field Roast, roasted carrots and parsnips, potatoes, and pumpkin pie are so much better than the steamed vegetables I got at the fancy place.

Y'all, there was even vegan gravy to go with the Field Roast. I really do work with some awesome people.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:59 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Our appraisal came in, right where we expected. So... now we just need the mortgage company to stay on top of things.
Just that one more hurdle and I own a house.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:08 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

kfad wrote:
Our appraisal came in, right where we expected. So... now we just need the mortgage company to stay on top of things.

Yay! Do you know when you'll be able to move house?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:12 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Veg_Eric wrote:
kfad wrote:

Yay! Do you know when you'll be able to move house?

No matter what, we will need to be out of where we are by the 7th of January. I hope we will be putting in the flooring in the new place by the 2nd. Five days is tight, but we have a crew that has volunteered. And I think we can handle it. All the little details will work out once we are in the house.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:52 pm 
And you never will.

1 dozen brownies, 4 dozen cupcakes, 8 dozen cookies, 1 cake, 1 dozen cinnamon rolls, 1 pie, 1 dozen decorated cookies, and one order that has yet to be placed (but will be 3-4 dozen somethings) over the next 5 days. I want to spend time with my kid. I want to make Christmas cookies and mince pies for my family. I want to finish making gifts for the people in my life. I feel like I'm sucking at this holiday for the people I love because I just don't have the time or energy :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm 
WRETCHED

I decided to take charge and brave the mall to return an item! I'm so proud of myself. I then went to a different shopping center to return some other items! Woo! Although I'm slightly disappointed than in doing so I missed some ppk drama but that is ok.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:51 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Just got "yelled" at by my brother via facebook. Oh yeah, that is why I don't hang with my siblings. They may be two of the most negative and angry people that I have ever met. I can't say anything to them without them coming back at me with rage and anger.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I got an interview, guys! Now I gotta practice my strengths and weaknesses!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:06 pm 

SWEET!! Congrats, IJDI!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:17 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

yay ijdi! you're gonna crush it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

aauugghhhh how do I decline to go to the circus with two 8 year olds without being a shithead?

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

booberthefraggle wrote:
aauugghhhh how do I decline to go to the circus with two 8 year olds without being a shithead?

Be busy that day and take them to the awesome children's/science museum the following weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:42 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

i'm going to be in florida for 3 days during which point my baby sister's brownie troop has decided to go to the circus, and she got a ticket for me. augh :(

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:12 pm 
WRETCHED

crepe... say you are allergic to hay? (I don't know why, but I imagine circuses have a lot of hay)

Last edited by linanil on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I'm kind of impressed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208 ... 1873  Next