| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:44 pm 
Dead by dawn

Totally pulling for Nicholas now that Amanda's gone. Cassadee doesn't do a thing for me and Trevin's appeal is mostly his story. I want to kick the teacher or guidance counselor or whoever it was who told him he'd never amount to anything because who the fork says that to a kid?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:04 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Wow, Trevin was awful tonight. REALLY awful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:25 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

totes.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:08 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Terry was awesome and I think his voice is the best. Nicholas has a unique talent too. I can see why people like Cassadee because of her emotion, but her voice doesn't resonate with me. And Trevin's performance was truly grating.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:11 am 
Saggy Butt

Love love loved Terry tonight, and I could listen to Nicholas all the time. Cassadee just doesn't do anything for me. And I agree that tonight wasn't Trevin's best. Final two probably Cassadee and Terry. I usually don't buy the songs for the show on iTunes, but I may have to get Terry's song.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:00 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

So glad somebody(bodies) also found Trevin way off last night. I am pulling for Nicholas but fully expect a Cassadee/Terry top two. If it comes down to those two I am team Terry all the way.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:13 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm expecting a Nicholas/Cassadee top two. Nicholas' voice is just awesome, and Cassadee seems to have quite the mob of fans. I find her (and Trevin) really bland, but I guess she has her audience. My picks would be Nicholas and Terry, but I'd be shocked if she was voted off tonight.

I wish the coaches would be more honest when a song is weak. Adam praised Trevin for that atrocity, and we all know it was not good. I'm guessing it's because they know their words hold tremendous weight. If he said "Dude, that might be okay for a 3rd grade talent show, but not a nationally broadcast singing competition", it would probably drastically impact the voting. I wonder if they're instructed by the producers to not be polarizing, especially this late in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:58 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Was this supposed to be bad song choice week or something? That was the single most boring hour of my life, and not shockingly they still almost ran out of time. And really, only one song per person?

So glad to hear you guys thinking Trevin was bad last night. I thought he sounded really bad(nerves, vocal fatigue, whatever) and then the judges acted like it was the greatest thing ever.

Nick - love his voice but damn was that boring. Wasn't feeling it.

Cass- I will be shocked if she doesn't win this thing. She's not my cup of tea but she seems marginally better than every other generic pop star. And if her duet tonight is with Avril I may throw a couple of votes her way next week. Did they ever mention if the duets were just with the coaches or with other singers?

Terry - loved him. Favorite of the night hands down. I've always been a big fan of his, though.

I-Tunes numbers as of a little before 10 est, this morning, spoilered in case some don't want to see them.
Spoiler: show
Cassadee is #1, Terry is #2, Nick is #4 and Trevin is #35

ETA: Why the hell are we being subjected to Raelynn again? Wasn't last season enough?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:58 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i believe only one person is being eliminated tonight, so i really really hope it's trevin. i've been over him for several weeks now, but last night was the nail in the coffin.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:53 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Yay! Good choice, America! (Probably the first time all season that the elimination has been exactly what I was hoping for.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:39 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I haven't voted until now (I rarely do with these shows), but I definitely just submitted a bunch of votes for Nicholas. I really hope he wins!

Also, the tribute song at the beginning was really sweet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:10 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

the beginning had me bawling.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I predict Cassadee will win. but I've been a Terry fan from day 1!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:46 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I think Cassadee too. Terry sounded a bit off last night.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

They're killing me, drawing out the finale until 11:00. This means that the winner of The Voice will be announced at the same time as the winner of Ink Master, and I'm just not okay with this timing conflict! One of the few times I've wished I had DVR.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:09 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Bah! I can't stay up until 11. What are they doing to me!?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:25 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

If you're in Washington, it's probably not 11 - that's just for the Eastern time zone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:05 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

That's what I was hoping but it doesn't start until 9pm. They are rerunning last night's episode right now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:10 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Oh, wow. Yeah, we had 3 hours solid (of which I watched about 10 minutes). I thought it would be live everywhere. I won't say anything about the winner, then! :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 am 

No big surprises last night. It was nice to see all of the other contestants back, though. And the clip with Usher/Shakira had me laughing. Maybe they won't be as bad as I'm thinking.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:33 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I wonder if Terry would have won if it hadn't been for that weird mishap he had at the beginning of his song Monday? Who knows! They all seemed pretty great in the end, and it was a fun show.

Are Christina and CeeLo just doing a 1 season break, and then coming back, or we don't know?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:27 pm 
Saggy Butt

allychristine wrote:
I wonder if Terry would have won if it hadn't been for that weird mishap he had at the beginning of his song Monday? Who knows! They all seemed pretty great in the end, and it was a fun show.

Are Christina and CeeLo just doing a 1 season break, and then coming back, or we don't know?

They're supposedly just taking of the next season/spring round. From the commercial I have a better feeling about having Usher and Shakira. Christina just didn't seem to be in it this season, maybe a break will do her good. I think she's touring for her new CD. Not sure about CeeLo.

I don't think if Monday's mishap had anything to do with it. Like last season most of the voters seem to like that easy listening pop stuff. I liked Nicholas and Terry better, they just seem different than others on the radio right now. I've said it before here I think, if I heard Cassadee on the radio I wouldn't know who she was.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:07 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Yeah, that was a completely expected win. It seems like Cee-Lo is truly a fan of Nicholas' music, so I'm hoping he'll work on getting him a recording contract. I will absolutely buy an album of his.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:30 pm 

allychristine wrote:

Terry wouldn't have won(even though I was rooting for him), even without the mishap. I knew as soon as Cass made it to the live rounds that she was going to win because she has an insanely rabid fanbase.

Christina and CeeLo are coming back next fall.

Liz, CeeLo has a show in Vegas that he's doing. Not sure if it has already started or if it's starting after the first of the year, though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:46 pm 

So, did anyone else watch the premiere last night? I'm liking Shakira and Usher more than I thought I would. If only Blake would leave next season. Maybe it was just me, but he was acting really weird last night and frankly, I don't see what he brings to the table.

They are really playing the sob stories hard and it is so annoying. I don't really care what some people had to go through to get here. Everyone faces obstacles in their life, and it just seems like this show tries to capitalize on it too much. And if they're trying to make the audience sympathetic, it's not working on me.

The only singer who really stood out for me was the last girl (MJ backup singer). Let's hope tonight is better.

Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next