| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:55 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

oh, good thinking! do you think it would work to pop it in the microwave for a few seconds until it gets soft enough to squish back into one glob?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:45 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I am a bit scared of microwaving product, so I'd probably do it on a bain marie, but if it works when you nuke it let me know!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:23 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I really like the Vanillary solid perfume and I use Dream Cream for psoriasis. I also quite like the Sweetie Pie shower jelly but don't get it very often. ATM I'm using the T'eo solid deodorant but I'm not really sure if it work any better than a crystal (I've been using crystal deodorant for a while and got the Lush solid one for a change).

Blog: veganbutnotscary.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Guys, you will not believe this fuckery. I haven't been to a Lush store all year, and haven't ordered anything since the Christmas sale where they said all of my freebies were the same soap, and I didn't get a reply to my ticket until the stuff was at my house, let alone before it shipped. But we're running out of shampoo bar and face scrub so I was like, whatever, i'll just order more.

They processed my paypal payment, which has been debited from my bank account, but didn't send me an order confirmation and if I log into the site, my order isn't in my history. I will forking cut someone if it takes them a week to answer me.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:18 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Ooh, that's bad, mbm. Good luck!

I am having henna issues. My hair is like a million colours right now and I've only used the rouge henna on it twice in the past 4-5 months. My hair stylist friend says that's what happens with henna and there's no way to fix it. I don't want to go inquire at Lush because they are so "rah rah rah, everything about our products is AMAZING". Thoughts? I don't really care so much about how it looks right now, but I want it all one colour eventually and I really hoped I could successfully switch to henna.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:02 pm 

Apparently the orders are being received AND shipped, but their Paypal/order interface is on the fritz. And they just didn't tell anyone. At least i'm getting my stuff!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:05 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I had never bought anything before at Lush because I couldn't even set foot in the store because of the smells, but went in the tohre day because I know so many people love it and I wanted to see what the hoopla was all about (plus it was raining and needed some shelter). I ended up buying the lotion for my husband for xmas. I can't remember but it has sesame oil in it and if he doesn't like it I will just use it. I thought everything was really expensive. I also bought him a bath bomb and for myself the orange lip color. I have been looking for an orange lipstick but it's so freaking hard to find a vegan one that is truly orange. I love the color o me and it lasts, but I would be so afraid to carry it around in my purse since it's in a bottle. So practical it is not. I don't think I will buy anymore make up there because of this. Wish they would make solid make up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:33 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I really, really want to like LUSH but I find the sales people always chase me away. Yesterday I was in a store and I was trying to look at the hair products, and this (very friendly) salesperson ran in front of the product so I couldn't see anything and asked if I needed help. I replied that no, I just wanted to look, and she wouldn't move! She kept asking me about what I was looking for. I thanked her for her help and said I just wanted to browse, but she wouldn't move and let me look at the products. So then I went to the other side of the store to look at the moisturizers and another salesperson comes up and starts asking what I'm looking for. Again, I politely say I just want to browse, but then he started asking me all of these questions about my skin care regiment. I was so frustrated at not being able to browse that I just left. It's like that every time I go in. Is that normal??

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:33 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Ugh, so annoying, and that puts me off too, but I think they are trained to help like this. I feel like I wouldn't have bought most products I got if it wasn't for the salesgirl. I'm a sucker.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i have decided to just embrace it and get free samples galore. they are generally pretty awesome about that.

speaking of... i went last week to buy birthday gifts, and ended up leaving with two samples for myself (in addition to the birthday gifts). the girl who was helping me was actually one of my students this semester, and she was surprised to hear that i'd never tried the R&B hair stuff, so she made me a little pot of that. i really like the smell, although i'm not 100% sure i'm using it correctly (there appear to be no rules, other than use a TINY bit, so i'm never sure, heh).

then when i was checking out, the girl at the register asked if i'd like any samples... so i decided to go for it and asked if there was any way i could get a sample of the new BIG solid conditioner. she said yes and ended up giving me the most hugely generous slice in the world(!!) and i was pretty stoked. i've used it twice now and i looooove it. it smells amazeballs and it works really well with the BIG shampoo. it's softer than the jungle conditioner bar, so it slides onto your hair with ease. YUM.

also, my student said there are post-christmas sales, which makes me *really* want to go there on the 26th to nab all of the awesome gift sets that i'm imagining will be marked down.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:36 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

lobsteriffic wrote:
I really, really want to like LUSH but I find the sales people always chase me away. Yesterday I was in a store and I was trying to look at the hair products, and this (very friendly) salesperson ran in front of the product so I couldn't see anything and asked if I needed help. I replied that no, I just wanted to look, and she wouldn't move! She kept asking me about what I was looking for. I thanked her for her help and said I just wanted to browse, but she wouldn't move and let me look at the products. So then I went to the other side of the store to look at the moisturizers and another salesperson comes up and starts asking what I'm looking for. Again, I politely say I just want to browse, but then he started asking me all of these questions about my skin care regiment. I was so frustrated at not being able to browse that I just left. It's like that every time I go in. Is that normal??

I recently bought lotion online when a Lush store is just a 10-minute walk from my workplace. Yes. I paid $7 not to talk to the Lush salespeople, and it was worth every penny. And I'd do it again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:41 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

I am in love with Let The Good Times Roll....I can eat the stuff it smells so good. Holding out on opening my Snow Fairy though!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:54 am 
Level 7 Vegan

alice1drland wrote:
lobsteriffic wrote:

I recently bought lotion online when a Lush store is just a 10-minute walk from my workplace. Yes. I paid $7 not to talk to the Lush salespeople, and it was worth every penny. And I'd do it again.

Whoa, that is terrible. Those of you who are having issues like this should email the company or post on their Facebook to let them know. They seem to take customer feedback seriously, so maybe if enough people mention this they'll change their policy.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:19 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

lobsteriffic wrote:

Ugh yeah it's really terrible! The last time I wanted to browse, I looked at all their products online, made a list of the ones I wanted to smell/look at/test and brought it into the store with me. Then I very methodically and quickly tried them all before I was descended upon. And then when a salesperson approached me I told them I had already researched everything online so I didn't need their input. It helped a little but I hate that I had to prepare a game plan before I entered the store. Geeze.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

It's not just Lush, but they seem to be one of the worst offenders as of late. I recently made the mistake of going into Sephora, and I swear to god within the span of 3 minutes, 10 people asked me if I needed any help. I was seconds short of screaming, "I'M forking FINE," and hurling my body through the glass doors.

Some stores are worse than others, but yeah. Maybe I'll email them. It makes me feel kind of grinchy for saying, "Stop being so helpful," but it truly is a deterrent. It's an introverted independent shopper's worst nightmare. And we deserve nice bath things, too!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:27 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

A Lush survival guide (updated since my last guide up thread somewhere):

Make a list from the online catalogue. If there is something you want to smell first, plan a course of action so that it's the last thing you do, or do it while the overbearing employee accosting you is gathering your items.

Tell the employee (if you are comfortable lying to them) that all the items on your list are specific gifts for your sister/friend/mom/partner and that you are not interested in anything for yourself (this stops them from smearing random lotions on your skin before you can even blink)

You might want to wear a gas mask if you have any kind of scent sensitivity. Or if you have a sneezing attack in the middle of the store, this will expedite your mission, which is a bonus.

Express a reluctant disinterest in any sales pitches. Make up an excuse for having very little time. One that won't lead to, "Oh you are a busy 9-5er! You have to try the 9-5 cleanser".

Bring a foil. My boyfriend is really social, so I bring him to entertain the salespeople while I dart around the store stealthily grabbing what I need.

I really do feel for Lush employees. I get exhausted just looking at them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 am 
Seagull of the PPK

sadly, i think last time i was in lush i did have a coughing attack.

we tend to have very aggressive salespeople here in Brazil. Like at Lush, they work on commission and they are encouraged to be very invasive. What always works for me is to smile and say "i'll call you when I need you, i promise." then turn to look at goodies and begin humming or singing to myself. then i'm the crazy lady singing in lush, or wherever, and when i do buy something i will absolutely call the person who approached me first, so he gets commission, but i do get left in peace.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

if you go in looking sort of gross on a day when there are at least a handful of other customers who are clearly more invested in their appearance than you, the salespeople will assume you're a lost cause. this works at sephora, too, fyi. at least, i assume that's why no one has ever hassled me at either of these stores. maybe my aura of antisocial hostility has reached new levels or something.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:20 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

acr wrote:
if you go in looking sort of gross on a day when there are at least a handful of other customers who are clearly more invested in their appearance than you, the salespeople will assume you're a lost cause. this works at sephora, too, fyi. at least, i assume that's why no one has ever hassled me at either of these stores. maybe my aura of antisocial hostility has reached new levels or something.

One time I did this at Sephora (went in after work with no makeup on--I have some acne scars, and I was tired) and after the usual "Hi, can I help you?" the salesperson started to walk away, turned back around, and said "Oh my god, can I help you with your face?" THANKS.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:29 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My trick, which really forking works, is to is to come in with an idea of several things I want to try in addition to what I want to buy. Every Lush employee that asks if I need help I say, "yes I'd like a sample of whatever" it takes them a few minutes to do that. If another one comes up to me, same thing "Oh could you make me a sample of whatever" then if another person comes I ask them if they can find a bag for the items I've picked out and take it to the counter. Usually this gives me a chance to look at everything I want to look at and I get a ton of free samples. It is weird when the entire store is engaged in getting you things!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:38 am 

Someone who used to work at Lush mentioned some pages back that they had a quota of products they were supposed to demo on you, recommend based on what you were looking at it, etc. I've only been in a Lush store 3-4 times, and only one of those times did I want to punch the sales lady. I think going in a group also helps, because the first time I went into one was with a couple of friends and I was clearly shitting my pants with unbridled n00b joy and I still didn't get the 'let me tell you about every product we have' schtick. The other times I was just with Brian and at least one of those was the middle of the day, on a weekday, so no one else was in the store. The two girls working asked if I needed any help and I told them I had a list but was also going to sniff a lot of stuff and they laughed and told me to let them know if I needed anything and went back to their work.

I love that you can ask for specific samples, and they're always bigger than the ones from the site. The last time I went into one (over a year ago), I asked for a sample of Snowcake and I was cut off a piece the size of those little hotel soaps, which is 3-4 times more than the soap samples from the site.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:35 pm 
Nailed to the V

vijita wrote:
A Lush survival guide (updated since my last guide up thread somewhere):

Make a list from the online catalogue. If there is something you want to smell first, plan a course of action so that it's the last thing you do, or do it while the overbearing employee accosting you is gathering your items.

Tell the employee (if you are comfortable lying to them) that all the items on your list are specific gifts for your sister/friend/mom/partner and that you are not interested in anything for yourself (this stops them from smearing random lotions on your skin before you can even blink)

You might want to wear a gas mask if you have any kind of scent sensitivity. Or if you have a sneezing attack in the middle of the store, this will expedite your mission, which is a bonus.

Express a reluctant disinterest in any sales pitches. Make up an excuse for having very little time. One that won't lead to, "Oh you are a busy 9-5er! You have to try the 9-5 cleanser".

Bring a foil. My boyfriend is really social, so I bring him to entertain the salespeople while I dart around the store stealthily grabbing what I need.

I really do feel for Lush employees. I get exhausted just looking at them.

excellent! even if nowadays I dont find them as exhausting as they used to be :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

acr wrote:
if you go in looking sort of gross on a day when there are at least a handful of other customers who are clearly more invested in their appearance than you, the salespeople will assume you're a lost cause. this works at sephora, too,

this clearly explains why i can never get any attention at sephora. last time i had to flag someone down to ask about lip color and the guy looked at me and, i swear, just shrugged.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:18 pm 

We have a Sephora in the middle of our JC Penney's, which I never go to so i've only seen it once, but I got asked by every employee in that tiny little area if I needed help. One after the other. Please god leave me alone. I was afraid to actually pause in front of anything lest they dive in front of me to tell me about it. I've been trying to work up the nerve to go back and see if they have the OCC lip tars yet.

Apparently we need to open our own line of stores called 'We Will Leave You The Hell Alone Until You Ask For Help'.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:25 pm 
WELFARIST!

torque wrote:
acr wrote:
if you go in looking sort of gross on a day when there are at least a handful of other customers who are clearly more invested in their appearance than you, the salespeople will assume you're a lost cause. this works at sephora, too,

this clearly explains why i can never get any attention at sephora. last time i had to flag someone down to ask about lip color and the guy looked at me and, i swear, just shrugged.

hahaha. I think this might be true because the last time I went into Lush I was feelin' and lookin' dowdyville and wasn't even acknowledged! And it was awesome! I was free to browse at my leisure and take measure of all their products because, yes, I suppose the salespeople concluded I was a lost cause. First time I've been left to totally fend for myself in a Lush store EVAR.

It's just like I've always told anyone who will listen that the best and cheapest insurance is owning shiitake that no one else in their right mind could possibly ever want.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 44  Next