| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:49 pm 
WELFARIST!

kilgore trout wrote:
One time I did this at Sephora (went in after work with no makeup on--I have some acne scars, and I was tired) and after the usual "Hi, can I help you?" the salesperson started to walk away, turned back around, and said "Oh my god, can I help you with your face?" THANKS.

HAHAHAHA! I had something similar happen to me. I was buying shampoo at Lush and the cashier asked me something like, "Are you buying that because your hair is so dry and frizzy?" What?

In regards to samples, you pretty much have to beg the salespeople at the Boston one to give you a sample but in San Francisco they wouldn't let me leave without one. I felt bad because she kept trying to offer me a sample but I had tried everything she was trying to hand me and eventually just gave me whatever product I liked the best, haha. I think the worst is around the holidays when they hire a bunch of new people who are both a.) not familiar with the regular shoppers and b.) haven't had that period to calm down and see that you don't have to jump everyone who enters the door. I would go to the Cambridge one all of the time and they knew how I shopped and respected it and they weren't all OMGHAVEYOUTRIEDMYSOAPLETMETOUCHYOUWITHITLOVEANDGIGGLES!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:55 am 
So Totally Yiffy

LazySmurf wrote:
My trick, which really forking works, is to is to come in with an idea of several things I want to try in addition to what I want to buy. Every Lush employee that asks if I need help I say, "yes I'd like a sample of whatever" it takes them a few minutes to do that. If another one comes up to me, same thing "Oh could you make me a sample of whatever" then if another person comes I ask them if they can find a bag for the items I've picked out and take it to the counter. Usually this gives me a chance to look at everything I want to look at and I get a ton of free samples. It is weird when the entire store is engaged in getting you things!

This is my tactic, too! The people at the stores here are usually pretty obliging with the samples so it works well.

Speaking of samples, I got one of Happy Happy Joy Joy last time I went in and god it smells so amazing. I'll definitely be buying a full bottle of it.

Has anyone tried Blousey? I need to get a sample of that next time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:43 am 
WRETCHED

You guys are scaring me. I've never been in a Lush store, I've passed by one but it was a pretty small store and there were a couple sales people inside and I thought they would assault me. I like bigger stores where I can try to hide from sales people.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:44 am 
WRETCHED

Mr. Shankly wrote:
HAHAHAHA! I had something similar happen to me. I was buying shampoo at Lush and the cashier asked me something like, "Are you buying that because your hair is so dry and frizzy?" What?

Speaking of frizzy hair, my hair has calmed down in recent years but I love R&B. It is great stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:38 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

jinger wrote:
LazySmurf wrote:
My trick, which really forking works, is to is to come in with an idea of several things I want to try in addition to what I want to buy. Every Lush employee that asks if I need help I say, "yes I'd like a sample of whatever" it takes them a few minutes to do that. If another one comes up to me, same thing "Oh could you make me a sample of whatever" then if another person comes I ask them if they can find a bag for the items I've picked out and take it to the counter. Usually this gives me a chance to look at everything I want to look at and I get a ton of free samples. It is weird when the entire store is engaged in getting you things!

This is my tactic, too! The people at the stores here are usually pretty obliging with the samples so it works well.

Oh my god, you guys are geniuses. I'm doing that the next time I'm brave enough to go in. I will shout, "I DEMAND SAMPLES. ALL THE SAMPLES," and hopefully all the salespeople will scramble maniacally getting me samples for a solid 20 minutes, leaving me in peace.

Last edited by alice1drland on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:38 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Mr. Shankly wrote:
kilgore trout wrote:
One time I did this at Sephora (went in after work with no makeup on--I have some acne scars, and I was tired) and after the usual "Hi, can I help you?" the salesperson started to walk away, turned back around, and said "Oh my god, can I help you with your face?" THANKS.

Last time I bought Lush henna the salesperson said "oh, this will be so much more beautiful and vibrant than whatever you have in your hair right now!", to which I replied "I have Lush henna in my hair right now".

They must have some crazy asparagus training techniques. A million years ago I worked at the Body Shop for like five seconds and we had a full week of training to make us the most insincere and annoying salespeople ever. Not that Lush employees are that, some are genuinely enthusiastic and wanting to help, but it's just funny the way the employees feel the need to really up sell and play to customers' weaknesses.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:40 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Also, if someone told me I looked like shiitake in a store, I would stick my arm straight out and run it along a counter filled with products as I walked slowly towards the door.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:25 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

That's so rude, kilgore! Holy shiitake. I'm appalled.

I know people who work at LUSH and they aren't commissioned. That being said, I don't understand their motive for being so pushy. It's actually so bad at my local store that despite being friends with some people who work there, I actually order online, because when I visit them in the store they are SO forking annoying and pushy, even to someone they know!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

One time I went to Lush and the salesgirl walked up to me and just said "you know what you're doing- do you need a basket?" and then we talked about how crappy the weather was.

I go there a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I was asked if I dyed my hair once...um I was born with a blond streak, brown hair and black roots!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:33 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

alice1drland wrote:
Also, if someone told me I looked like shiitake in a store, I would stick my arm straight out and run it along a counter filled with products as I walked slowly towards the door.

<3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:53 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Sigh. Can you exchange things at LUSH without a receipt? My dad just kinda goes "do you still like LUSH? Okay, bye" while he's in the shop a couple of days before Christmas, so sometimes what he gets me isn't exactly what I would've wanted.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:08 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Don't forget that the buy one, get one (holiday item) sale starts tonight at midnight! After last year i'm going to triple check my order before paying.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:59 pm 
WELFARIST!

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Don't forget that the buy one, get one (holiday item) sale starts tonight at midnight! After last year i'm going to triple check my order before paying.

I'm thinking of buying during this time. What happened last year again? Something about soap, right?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:52 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Earlier this year I swore I would not buy more bath stuff until I used up what I have. But I got a $50 gift card for Christmas and it would be stupid to not use it for the sale, right?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:48 pm 
WELFARIST!

Also, midnight in what time zone?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:10 pm 
WELFARIST!

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Also, midnight in what time zone?

Never mind. Found it out. Has anyone tried Big conditioner?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:10 pm 

Eastern! which is good because that means i don't actually have to stay up until midnight.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:13 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Jigglypuff wrote:
Sigh. Can you exchange things at LUSH without a receipt?

i'm wondering this, too. i put four different body lotions on my christmas list and so far i've gotten three of the same one. ha!

i mentioned this on the last page, but i've tried the BIG conditioner, and i like it a lot. i got a really big sample and i've used it already a handful of times; my husband bought me a more "regular size" bar for christmas so i can keep on going. it's great and it smells sooooo good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:06 am 
WELFARIST!

Well, I was able to get on the website for about two seconds.

Emotional Brilliance is on the 2 for 1, I want to try it!

Last edited by Mr. Shankly on Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:07 am 

The site was slow, then the link to the sale just took me to the front page, and now the site has crashed. I will take pushy sales people over their online BS any time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:08 am 
WELFARIST!

mrsbadmouth wrote:
The site was slow, then the link to the sale just took me to the front page, and now the site has crashed. I will take pushy sales people over their online BS any time.

Definitely! I wish I lived near one still! This is driving me nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:11 am 

A lot of people who had their carts ready to go at launch went to check out and the site crapped and they lost their carts.

They are ruining my 'buy soap for the entire year in one fell swoop' moment.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:12 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

They put the sale up about 15 minutes early and I was all set to check out when it hit sale time and the site crashed. Dammit!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:14 am 
WELFARIST!

Ugh, 500 Internal Error message now. I was almost ready to go, too. There's stuff in my cart, my credit card is in my hand, LET ME BUY STUFF, LUSH!

They should have been more prepared for this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 42  Next