| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1206, 1207, 1208, 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212 ... 1873  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:11 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

It's decent enough, but the commercials are super annoying because it's the same exact one all the time, several times in the same episode.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:31 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I dont want to go to work tomorrow. I wish I could call in sick. It's a stupid day with few students and we can't teach anything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

seitanicverses wrote:
raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I don't know why my dog is so fascinated by Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. She's so weird.

See if she likes Santa Clause is Coming To Town as it's the same type of animation.

I'll have to try that this weekend. Rudolph is the only thing so far that she has sat and stared at the screen for minutes at a time. She'll glance at the tv if there is a dog barking or a weird noise. We watched the Muppet Christmas Carol last weekend, and she looked at the tv twice when muppets were on screen, but then lost interest. We watched Rudolph again tonight, and she kept going over to stand in front of the tv to watch it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:46 am 
WELFARIST!

I had to work until midnight tonight so I mainlined caffeine and now that I'm home, I can't sleep. And I have work tomorrow. Woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:27 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

DrakeRedcrest wrote:
RINGWORMAGEDDON 2012 UPDATE: The pestilence grows worse. I don't know at what point you decide that what the pharmacist told you to use isn't working and go to a walk-in clinic.

Probably about the time you start to call it "RINGWORMAGEDDON".

Sorry you're having to deal with that, DrakeRedcrest. That sucks.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:34 am 
Ninja Master

My workmate is a stroppy little madam and I wish I hadn't bothered spending ages making peanut butter chocolate pillows for her as a Christmas present last night now. She doesn't deserve them!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:30 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

lavawitch wrote:
Molly is a bad, bad, mean bird. I was letting her sit on my bowl so she could have some of my couscous, spinach and tofu (thanks mom; since I feel like crepe, I was planning tortilla chips for dinner). Now I notice that what Molly actually did was systematically chew off all the crispy bits all around each piece of tofu.

I don't think I like her anymore.

That is just evil. Evil!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:59 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I'm anxious about tomorrow. And slightly buzzed from the 2 glasses of wine at lunch. So there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:29 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

OH MY GOD THE END OF THE WORLD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:08 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

i hope the world doesn't end today. if it does i'll feel really dumb about going on a job interview today.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:17 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I just tore a rude client a new orifice. if the world were going to end, it could have ended before this whole ordeal and saved me a lot of phone calls.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:25 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

It's dark and windy (I work by the ocean). Obviously this means the world is ending today and I'm never going to Costa Rica after all. (I found my camera charger!)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:32 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Sometimes I get really pissed about my day (house flooded for the third time in under two months) and go into the worst things about your day thread and then read other people's worst things and feel so stupid for thinking my problems are problems. I'm alive and healthy and so is my family and so are my dogs. Even if my house floods every week (please god no) I'll be okay as long as the dogs are okay.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:06 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I know what you mean, Fee. All of my problems except one (absent dad) are things that I am capable of dealing with and that's a powerful thing to remember.

The bleeping post office is still forwarding mail with both my name and my soon-to-be-ex-husband's name on it (my name first), with our home address, to him. I called the supervisor again and I was not happy. My name is first because I was always the one to look after the bills - these are bills for the house and household tax or insurance information.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:47 am 
Nailed to the V

Fee wrote:
Sometimes I get really pissed about my day (house flooded for the third time in under two months) and go into the worst things about your day thread and then read other people's worst things and feel so stupid for thinking my problems are problems. I'm alive and healthy and so is my family and so are my dogs. Even if my house floods every week (please god no) I'll be okay as long as the dogs are okay.

I know this feeling too. Yet I'd say you shouldn't blame yourself for beeing annoyed by annoying things! (especially floods!)
Besides I guess we all face small and big problems successively... (I also assume that the worst thing thread can be used by whoever needs to talk about whatever they sees as a problem)

Arisaig wrote:
I know what you mean, Fee. All of my problems except one (absent dad) are things that I am capable of dealing with and that's a powerful thing to remember.

The bleeping post office is still forwarding mail with both my name and my soon-to-be-ex-husband's name on it (my name first), with our home address, to him. I called the supervisor again and I was not happy. My name is first because I was always the one to look after the bills - these are bills for the house and household tax or insurance information.

I was wondering if there was a "lets talk shiitake about our exes" thread? (Mine are horrible, they make me feel like shiitake most of the time) :'(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:04 am 
Dead by dawn

Ugh, life just keeps kicking biker boy in the junk the last couple weeks. He is super bummed out and I don't know how to help.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:32 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I only have 6 more hours of work before I'm off for the rest of the year and come back 1/2/2013! Woohoo! Of course, I'm sure all sorts of stressful problems will crop up before then!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:36 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

baps wrote:
My workmate is a stroppy little madam and I wish I hadn't bothered spending ages making peanut butter chocolate pillows for her as a Christmas present last night now. She doesn't deserve them!

STROPPY LITTLE MADAM! That might be my new favorite phrase. I'm half tempted to put on my sequined dress and some kind of boa and sashay around like a stroppy little madam.

I'm sorry you feel that way; I bet the pb pillows are delicous!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:51 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My math teacher just emailed me back saying she'd send my final to the testing center so I can pass the forking class! Now we just have to get the date. She wants January but if it's after the 4th I'm going to be a balloon faced mumbling zombie because jaw surgery so it'll have to be before that. I didn't even realize how shitty this was making me feel but now I'm super relieved.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:04 am 

We had our work xmas party last night and the food didn't suck. My boss made sure my partner and I got a vegan meal (and vegan dessert! But it was sorbet). The entree was a stuffed pepper, which definitely isn't my favourite, but it was doused in a super rich and garlicky sauce that was lovely. Whatever, I was just so starving and happy that I could eat.

One of my staff made everyone gingerbread men, which of course included dairy/eggs, so she gave me a very special jar of her famed blackberry jam. She is such a sweet lady and I nearly cried.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Aw that's lovely vijita! Wish I had colleagues like that!

Saying that.... my new colleagues are more interested in what I am eating rather than ridiculing it. They've even asked me for recipes for some of the things I have been eating.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:27 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

While being at home eating cookies and drinking tea would be better, doing so at work whilst PPKing is really not too bad.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:39 am 

hi friends! i had my interview today, and it went really well! the woman was really nice and made me feel like my answers were good. it was all scenario type questions "tell me about a time when..." and i came up with some good stuff, but she also told me that even though it's technically an entry level position, that this place is super crazy busy and there's really no one to train a brand new person, so you just get thrown right into the deep end. so, their preference is to hire someone with more experience.

i feel pretty good about how it went overall and i will not be at all surprised if i don't get it and i won't feel bad about it either because i'll know why. and also i feel like i'd want some training....so i should hear in a few weeks! i am so glad to have that first interview out of the way!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:42 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Glad to hear it went well.

So my ex colleagues have been trying to get in contact with me. Wonder are they having a dose of guilt or are they going to try make me feel bad for leaving?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:44 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Yay for vegan acceptance. Two of my co-workers have been reading my blog and very interested in trying to eat vegan in the new year. I told them that even them doing some vegan meals would be awesome! I told one co-worker that my goal was to update the blog more in 2013, and she said, "That's great, because my goal is to read your blog and start eating like you!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1206, 1207, 1208, 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212 ... 1873  Next