| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Message from the mods - PM us to keep us informed!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:38 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

We want to make sure the PPK is always a fun place where people feel comfortable! We want to make sure you know that if you ever feel uncomfortable about a post or anything that's going on on the boards, please PM us! There are times when we see something that seems like it might makes some people feel uncomfortable, but we aren't sure if that's actually the case and the only way we'll know is if you message us. One way to do that is to report the post, but if someone has already reported it, please feel free to PM one of us and let us know that you're uncomfortable, too. If something is going on and a bunch of people let us know, then we'll be able to take action more quickly. If we only hear from one person that something is going on, it might not seem like it's a big deal.

It's hard for us to read each and every post in every thread, so sometimes we miss stuff, and we don't want people to think we don't care. We do! Message us if you ever feel like we should know about something or you'd like us to do something about a thread or a post.

Oh, and include a link to the post with that message. To link to a specific post, click on the little folded piece of paper at the top of the post right next to where it says "Posted:" followed by the date and time. If you just link to the whole thread, we might not know what you're referring to.

Thanks and hearts!

Post subject: Re: Message from the mods - PM us to keep us informed!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:14 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Thanks and hearts!

Right back at ya X 1000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Should this maybe be stickied? I know there are a lot up there already, but maybe this could replace the Identity Crisis thread?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:01 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Do you guys see the things sent when you click the little ! icon over to the right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:07 pm 

Yup! We see the reports and always respond to them, but I think if someone has already reported a post then it can't be reported again. however, we want to know if multiple people are upset about something. that's why PMing is also good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:33 am 
<3

You really have got to be kidding right? There is one mod on this board that actually bullies members. (if they are still here) The only reason I come to this board now and again is to see if anyone is being flamed the way I was. And I'd take a minute to stick up for them if I did.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:48 am 

Hey Teresa, I'm really sorry you had a bad experience here. Did you tell a different mod when this happened? None of the mods are bullies, so maybe it was a misunderstanding. If you'd like to PM me about the specific circumstance I can try and investigate.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:56 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I don't know which one of us you're talking about*, but if anyone here feels bullied by a mod, you can contact another mod. If you think we don't check each other or disagree, you're very wrong. Not to mention that one of the instances where people disagreed with something you said (no one was rude and it wasn't even half a page of replies so I don't think that qualifies as flaming), Isa told everyone to back up off you because you weren't responding.

Also since you haven't posted since April i'd assume you haven't seen anyone you need to "stick up for". So. ?

*probably FootFace.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:51 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Yeah I don't see where you were flamed or bullied. But I do hope that if people ever feel that way you can let us know.