| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212, 1213, 1214, 1215 ... 1827  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:05 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

fatcat wrote:
I received a check for Christmas from my grandparents, with whom I do not get along. I will still send a thank you, but I don't want their money. Is it rude to just shred the check? I'm assuming they will realize sooner or later that it was never cashed.

Can you just donate the money? If they're anything like me every time a check is in limbo I get stressed until it pulls from my account. Unless that's your intention!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:18 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

ijustdiedinside wrote:
The job I interviewed for just got reposted. REALLY don't have my hopes up now.

You don't want that job. I had one of those and it almost ruined my career, making my unhireable. They hire someone with no experience, don't want to train, then get pissed off and angry that you have no experience, then fire you.

Stay away. You are too awesome for that bullshiitake.

The job I had is reposted yearly, and actually was just reposted for midyear. It is such an obvious pattern.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Santa Claus
Spoiler: show
is not real. Suckers!

The Tooth Fairy
on the other hand, is as real as it gets!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

j-dub wrote:
Holy forking shiitake. There literally aren't words for how bad the gas pain is. Like, can't breathe, sobbing bad. The only reason I've vetoed the ER is that heat brings it down to a level where I am functional and the thought of being away from heating pads to get to the hospital is intolerable. They definitely down-played how serious this pain is.

I'm sorry. Have you tried walking? Did they tell you to do that? the gas pain are what hurt after my gastric bypass; everything else was mostly tolerable except drain cleaning. A lot depens too on how much they needed to use during surgery.

Ask for something else if T3 isn't working. It isn't on the same level as fentanyl as far as pain relief. Also, if your metabolism is weird with these drugs, many micro doses of liquids might be mre effective, which is what I had/have to do.

Will it help to know that the gas usually passes pretty quickly within a couple days, and then *poof* you'll probably mostly just feel tired and overall blah from surgery?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:31 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

kimba wrote:
Santa Claus
is not real. Suckers!

The Tooth Fairy

See! Now this is why people don't like dentists.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:49 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Fee wrote:
fatcat wrote:
I received a check for Christmas from my grandparents, with whom I do not get along. I will still send a thank you, but I don't want their money. Is it rude to just shred the check? I'm assuming they will realize sooner or later that it was never cashed.

Can you just donate the money? If they're anything like me every time a check is in limbo I get stressed until it pulls from my account. Unless that's your intention!

I don't know if it will bother them to have it in limbo, it's more about me feeling like I shouldn't accept a gift from people I don't like and seem like a hypocrite, yet not wanting to be a bisque by refusing it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

lavawitch wrote:
kimba wrote:
Santa Claus
is not real. Suckers!

The Tooth Fairy

See! Now this is why people don't like dentists.

Whahahaha! I don't know why I'm acting so grinchy. I am actually very happy and excited about Christmas! And Santa!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:54 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

fatcat wrote:
Fee wrote:
fatcat wrote:

I don't know if it will bother them to have it in limbo, it's more about me feeling like I shouldn't accept a gift from people I don't like and seem like a hypocrite, yet not wanting to be a bisque by refusing it.

i get birthday and christmas checks from relatives i like but don't know well and have never spent much time with, and taking money from them just feels weird. i usually just put the checks in a drawer and forget about them. i have no idea how those relatives feel about it, or whether they even notice; not being very close to them means never talking to them about gifts, or anything else.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:56 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Fatcat, I never cashed those checks either. $50 checks for every holiday, sometimes the birthday was wrong, were the sum total of her relationship with me since I wasn't a "real" grandchild, being half unAmerican and all. (even when we lived in the same tiny crepe town along with her "real" grandchildren)

On the few occasions she asked my mom about uncashed checks and my mom got mad at me, I cashed and donated.

I never sent a thank you either, and refused all phone contact. She knew how I felt. Sending the checks was on her to make herself feel like grandmother of the year. Just seeing the envelopes from her made my skin crawl.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:10 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Fee wrote:
fatcat wrote:

I would probably do this.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:20 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

lavawitch wrote:
j-dub wrote:
Holy forking shiitake. There literally aren't words for how bad the gas pain is. Like, can't breathe, sobbing bad. The only reason I've vetoed the ER is that heat brings it down to a level where I am functional and the thought of being away from heating pads to get to the hospital is intolerable. They definitely down-played how serious this pain is.

I'm sorry. Have you tried walking? Did they tell you to do that? the gas pain are what hurt after my gastric bypass; everything else was mostly tolerable except drain cleaning. A lot depens too on how much they needed to use during surgery.

Ask for something else if T3 isn't working. It isn't on the same level as fentanyl as far as pain relief. Also, if your metabolism is weird with these drugs, many micro doses of liquids might be mre effective, which is what I had/have to do.

Will it help to know that the gas usually passes pretty quickly within a couple days, and then *poof* you'll probably mostly just feel tired and overall blah from surgery?

I'm feeling a little better today. I might go ask for something else though. And knowing it should pass soon does help! And god bless heating pads! My mom made a midnight run last night to buy me a second one.

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, everybody.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:31 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Heh, I didn't cash a couple of checks from my granny, but it was because I loved her and knew she worried about money. I third cashing and donating, and I'd say that's what I'd done in the thank you note, too.

On a related note, I told my mum that donations in my name to homeless or animal shelters really please me (if people wanted to gift me but weren't sure what to get), and she was inexplicably disgruntled about it. It's obviously one of her pet peeves if people give her that, and I never knew until this year!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:01 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

In order to torment my dog I threw her teddy across the room and it landed in her water bowl. Now she is sitting there all sad like I just told her
that there is no such thing as santa.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:52 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

lavawitch wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
The job I interviewed for just got reposted. REALLY don't have my hopes up now.

You don't want that job. I had one of those and it almost ruined my career, making my unhireable. They hire someone with no experience, don't want to train, then get pissed off and angry that you have no experience, then fire you.

Stay away. You are too awesome for that bullshiitake.

The job I had is reposted yearly, and actually was just reposted for midyear. It is such an obvious pattern.

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you. Ill definitely keep this in mind! Sorry that happened to you lw.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:00 pm 
WRETCHED

My bio father (who I wish to have no contact with) sent me a $100 bill. I'll donate $100 but it annoys the hell out of me that he sent it to me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:36 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

A few weeks after my parents threatened to kill me (and my father attempting to strangle me) they sent me €1000 as "a birthday present." Very unusual since I rarely got Christmas or birthday presents from them. I told the cops. Their words....... spend it and enjoy it. The money went on a new hair straightners and some new clothes since I only had a few clothes that I managed to take with me when I had to run out the door. Oh and food.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:43 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I hope you feel better soon j-dub!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:01 pm 
WRETCHED

USPS and Amazon worked together to screw me up. I ordered something expecting it to get here today. Amazon never ships USPS for me, apparently they did for this item. Problem is I had put a hold on our mail starting today. So if Amazon had shipped UPS/Fedex, I'd have my item but because of the hold, I'll have to get it when I get back from vacation. I had bought it because I wanted it for the trip.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:08 pm 
Nailed to the V

dropscone wrote:
Heh, I didn't cash a couple of checks from my granny, but it was because I loved her and knew she worried about money. I third cashing and donating, and I'd say that's what I'd done in the thank you note, too.

On a related note, I told my mum that donations in my name to homeless or animal shelters really please me (if people wanted to gift me but weren't sure what to get), and she was inexplicably disgruntled about it. It's obviously one of her pet peeves if people give her that, and I never knew until this year!

Hey this reminds me of Seinfeld -an episode where he has never cashed his granny's checks for 20 years...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:10 pm 
Nailed to the V

(this is so exotic -I've never use a check) :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:26 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

That's a horrific story daisychain. I would have spent it. Then again, I don't give a shiitake. You give me money, I refuse it, offer it back once. Second time? It's mine. I'mma take it and run.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:39 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I'm feeling so good today, peppey, having fun... But I'm on my lunch now at work and holy shiitake! All of a sudden I feel like falling asleep right here in a chair! Argh! I can't nap after work, I has a date!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:07 pm 
Dead by dawn

There are two hot guys writhing around on the floor right now, for my benefit. AKA, biker boy has really nice friends and one of them came over to help him install a hitch on my car to hold the bike rack he got me for Christmas. It's been amusing to watch them slide under my car and be all manly and stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:30 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

J dub I promise you it gets better. I do remember questioning going back to the hospital, crying that they made me worse, etc. I couldn't move without my husbands help. I screamed out in pain constantly. It was horrible. By day 3 or 4 it was gone completely and I was only taking Tylenol. Big hugs and much sympathy!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:49 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

On Christmas Eve I have to go deal with my annoying relatives for several hours. They are having ham (blech) and were planning on serving me a plain baked potato. So I am going to cook my own meal and bring it with me. The best part is that they put my mom in charge of dessert and she just bought a pre-made cookie platter. I'm bringing homemade cookies and pumpkin pie for me, and everyone else will be eating store bought cookies. Ha!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212, 1213, 1214, 1215 ... 1827  Next