| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1212, 1213, 1214, 1215, 1216, 1217, 1218 ... 1768  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:26 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

booberthefraggle wrote:
it was hellllllll

yeah, I almost had a panic attack in the bread aisle. And I ended up way under budget, which sounds awesome, but actually probably means that I forgot things that I'll need just to get out of there as fast as possible.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:28 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

ijustdiedinside wrote:
missdelaney wrote:
Some people have to work until seven o'clock tomorrow night. Like my boyfriend. Who promised he'd come with me to my family's Christmas Eve dinner. To meet my family for the first time.
Well, that isn't happening, but I'm still meeting his entire extended family Christmas Day.

that is a big bummer!

Yeah, I get that I'm mostly being irrationally hurt by it, but damn! it isn't fair that I have to meet his (super conservative, gender-typified, very baptist) family, and he gets a pass at meeting my (slightly conservative, somewhat gender-typified but better with each generation, not at all religious, absolutely hilarious and he'd actually get along with) family.
His family is doing a gift exchange in which girls bring 'girl gifts' and men bring 'guy's gifts.' (His words, not mine) At least his sister is vegan (score!), so maybe she'll be bringing food.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:47 pm 

Also the cashier asked me if I had plans for Christmas, and I was like, "I don't actually celebrate Christmas, I celebrated Chanukah and Solstice" and the cashier was like, "So you're not doing anything for Christmas? That's so sad!" and I was like "well no, it's not sad, I don't celebrate Christmas, so it's just Tuesday to me" and she was like "Still, everyone should be with their family on Christmas!" and I was like "MY FAMILY IS JEWISH WE DO NOT CARE AOAD;JGA;GAOHAWEH;EAF". (the last part was not out loud, but still.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:54 pm 
Chard Martyr

Cq, that really sucks! Amazing how so many people don't get that not everyone celebrates christmas.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:55 pm 
Semen Strong

Hehehe judgey cashier.

I remember many Christmases spent alone and they were my favorites. One year, I was all alone in NYC, and it snowed and I got up late, took a subway downtown, walked around and then ate at a hotel restaurant, went home and went to bed and I think that may be my most favorite Christmas ever.

Christmas sucks now that I have to spend any part of it with my in-laws. Or faking illness to avoid them. It will be just the three of us on Tuesday so that will be nice.

Alone Christmas is the best Christmas. Aka Tuesday.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:00 pm 
WELFARIST!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:00 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
I don't know why my dog is so fascinated by Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. She's so weird.

See if she likes Santa Clause is Coming To Town as it's the same type of animation.

I'll have to try that this weekend. Rudolph is the only thing so far that she has sat and stared at the screen for minutes at a time. She'll glance at the tv if there is a dog barking or a weird noise. We watched the Muppet Christmas Carol last weekend, and she looked at the tv twice when muppets were on screen, but then lost interest. We watched Rudolph again tonight, and she kept going over to stand in front of the tv to watch it.

I showed Tegan Santa Claus is Coming to Town tonight. She had zero interest. She sat on the couch with me for part of it, and I pointed out to her when animals were on the screen, but she didn't care. There must be something specific about Rudolph that she likes!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:09 pm 
Chard Martyr

I'm eating an oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:49 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Mom attempted monkey bread today and it's so forking good. I'm already looking forward to having a little for breakfast.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:57 pm 

seitanicverses wrote:
See if she likes Santa Clause is Coming To Town as it's the same type of animation.

I'll have to try that this weekend. Rudolph is the only thing so far that she has sat and stared at the screen for minutes at a time. She'll glance at the tv if there is a dog barking or a weird noise. We watched the Muppet Christmas Carol last weekend, and she looked at the tv twice when muppets were on screen, but then lost interest. We watched Rudolph again tonight, and she kept going over to stand in front of the tv to watch it.

I showed Tegan Santa Claus is Coming to Town tonight. She had zero interest. She sat on the couch with me for part of it, and I pointed out to her when animals were on the screen, but she didn't care. There must be something specific about Rudolph that she likes!

Could it be the weird sound Rudolph's nose makes?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:12 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly's favorite song is 3 by Britney Spears. Its the only thing she will dance too. There is no accounting for the tastes of our feathered and furry ones.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:15 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Dudes, my butt is so sore from only being able to be in one position (propped up, half sitting/half lying on my back).

And I haven't pooped since Thursday...my body doesn't know what's what!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:21 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

lavawitch wrote:
Molly's favorite song is 3 by Britney Spears. Its the only thing she will dance too. There is no accounting for the tastes of our feathered and furry ones.

my favorite moment with my ex-roommate's macaw, who never learned to talk despite the roommate's great and constant efforts, was when i put on a kings of convenience cd while i was washing the dishes and he ran into the kitchen and danced like a maniac to a song with the line "i'd rather dance than talk with you."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:24 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

The bird dancing stories are slaying me. So cute!

Gershwin doesn't care for any music. Infact, he will stare at you indignantly if you put some on. Tristan, however, likes to run laps and jump off the walls when I put on a punkrock record.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:29 pm 
Chard Martyr

I work all day tomorrow and I don't really mind. It keeps xmas less imminent/stressful.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:29 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

j-dub wrote:
Dudes, my butt is so sore from only being able to be in one position (propped up, half sitting/half lying on my back).

Just a heads up: the fentanyl and T3 aren't going to help with that! Get yourself some Metamucil, suppositories, or something to help; you'll need it. Might last for a week or so after you stop, depending on your dosages.

Are the gas pains better?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:37 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i bought tabletop claw machines as christmas presents for my cousin and my sister. tonight i took them out of the boxes to fill them up and make sure they work o.k., and now i really want one! i wish people still gave me toys. now that i'm a grown-up, everyone gives me, like, casserole pans and warm socks and supermarket gift certificates. i like and need those things, but . . . claw machine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:41 pm 

Oh, feel better soon, j-dub! <3

(cut for gross)
Spoiler: show
After I had major surgery a few years ago, I became severely constipated because apparently the anesthesia lingered in my digestive system. I basically had to retrain my butt to contract properly so that poop would come out. In case anyone is curious how such a thing is done? With a vibrator. Awwwww yeah. :P

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

lavawitch wrote:
j-dub wrote:

Just a heads up: the fentanyl and T3 aren't going to help with that! Get yourself some Metamucil, suppositories, or something to help; you'll need it. Might last for a week or so after you stop, depending on your dosages.

Are the gas pains better?

Yeah, T3 always stops me up. But I'm also barely eating, so there isn't much to poop at this point, I guess. I've got some kind of stool softener the post-surgical nurses recommended.

The gas pains are definitely better. Still pretty awful and I can't be on my feet for more than about a minute at a time, but I'm not actively contemplating death anymore. Definite improvement!

My mom brought me a cupcake home from Xmas shopping and I can't even think about eating it right now...

CQ, I will keep that in mind...but sincerely hope I don't need that piece of info!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:49 pm 

So the first person with whom I ever had a relationship just sent me a friend request on FB. We were together for most of 8th and 9th grade. I haven't really talked to this person at all since then...so that's like 12, 13 years! I didn't even know what "queer" was then! We had the most heteronormative relationship you can possibly imagine. I'm going to accept the friend request, but coming out to this person is going to be super weird, I think. Also, I was kind of a crasshole to him, though like, I don't feel like I can really be held responsible for having been a crasshole when I was 14. There's a statute of limitations on that, right?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:06 pm 
WELFARIST!

vijita wrote:
I work all day tomorrow and I don't really mind. It keeps xmas less imminent/stressful.

Same here. I'm excited to be at work tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:18 pm 
And you never will.

choirqueer wrote:
I don't feel like I can really be held responsible for having been a crasshole when I was 14. There's a statute of limitations on that, right?

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure everyone is a crasshole when they're 14.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:20 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

poopiebitch wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
I don't feel like I can really be held responsible for having been a crasshole when I was 14. There's a statute of limitations on that, right?

I was a ridiculous crasshole when I was 14. Now, I'm... just an everyday crasshole. Progress!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:21 pm 
And you never will.

Hot damn if some bots don't want to sell us some kitchens tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:21 pm 
And you never will.

GymClassZero wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

I was a ridiculous crasshole when I was 14. Now, I'm... just an everyday crasshole. Progress!

Next step: every other day crasshole!

Reply to topic  [ 44181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1212, 1213, 1214, 1215, 1216, 1217, 1218 ... 1768  Next