| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1213, 1214, 1215, 1216, 1217, 1218, 1219 ... 1858  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:34 pm 
Chard Martyr

I had FYH cheese on a pizza and I didn't like it. It was better, reheated, the next day, but nothing special.

I just don't like cheese- vegan or not.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:38 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

ndpittman wrote:
Could it be the weird sound Rudolph's nose makes?

I don't think so. She looks at the screen even when there are no weird noises (and it is the only program she does that for). The first time we watched it, she really liked the elves. The second time, she was most interested whenever Rudolph was talking to his girlfriend. I think she's just a weird dog! Tonight she was playing with a cooked carrot, tossing it in the air and doing playbows in front of it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:04 am 
And you never will.

poopiebaby is asleep, and I'm eating mince pies (that I just baked), drinking a cuppa, and watching Graham Norton. Life is so good right now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 am 
WELFARIST!

poopiebitch wrote:
poopiebaby is asleep, and I'm eating mince pies (that I just baked), drinking a cuppa, and watching Graham Norton. Life is so good right now.

For a second I thought you were from the UK but remembered talking about everyone following your baked goods around the US, haha.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:37 am 
And you never will.

Mr. Shankly wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

For a second I thought you were from the UK but remembered talking about everyone following your baked goods around the US, haha.

Haha! My husband is a Brit - I guess some of it has rubbed off on me :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:34 am 
WRETCHED

I'm awake and no one else is! I tossed and turned since 4am and gave up at 5am. It always takes me a few days to get used to the west coast time change. While my husband will sleep until 10.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:38 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

things I have done this morning: got in to the shower while still wearing socks.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:57 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I went into my usual fruit-and-veggie store and the line was a SPIRAL until it pretty much took up the entire store. All the people in the store were apparently on line. It took me about 5 minutes to find the end, by which point i said fork this and went to the supermarket instead.
Where there was another spiraling line.
On the bright side, I now have my stuff to make fruitcake (which i have never made, but somebody posted a recipe that looks really good, so why the hell not), some more apples, and a Disgusting Christmas Treat for my dog, who will be happier than a seagull with a french fry.
I also have an extra stock of cilantro, just to be safe.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:02 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We have to make our own meals for most family gatherings, but my mom and aunt have been crazy good about making sure we were fed this Thanksgiving/Christmas. Yesterday, between the two of them, they made us mock chicken salad on crescent rolls, stuffed mushrooms, mushroom pate, chili cheese dip, chili, and vegan carrot cake, plus lots of veggie/fruit trays, chips, and crackers... and it was all really forking good. It feels really great being included. My aunt seemed offended that we could go to our other holiday parties and not have food without bringing it for ourselves.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:19 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

When people have said 'happy holidays' to me in the past few days, I have an immediate urge to say 'Hanukkah was over a week ago'. Because we know that they still mean 'just Christmas' and that's why they only started saying it in the past few days. #grinch

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:56 am 
WRETCHED

Someone at work said Merry Christmas to me over work IM on Friday and I think I said something dumb back like I can't wait until vacation starts. Then I realized that they didn't want to talk work and only wanted to say Merry Christmas to me and this isn't a person I normally talk non-work stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:35 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I made a silly executive decision to keep my work open today but I'm certain we'll have no customers. I work every Monday anyway to do admin, but now I'm trying to decide if I should just shut the place down mid-afternoon so I can come home and start cooking. I'm not sure if I should ask my higher up or just do it... I'll probably chicken out. But I'm definitely going to write out my cooking plan of action at work.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:36 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm seriously considering cutting the cable and just having my internet connection. I think I'll buy a digital converter and see how many networks I can get and base my decision on that. Aside from the networks, there are only about 4-5 cable channels I watch and I'm feeling like it's a waste of money because I don't mind waiting for seasons of shows to come out on DVD a year later.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:43 am 
WRETCHED

fatcat wrote:
I'm seriously considering cutting the cable and just having my internet connection. I think I'll buy a digital converter and see how many networks I can get and base my decision on that. Aside from the networks, there are only about 4-5 cable channels I watch and I'm feeling like it's a waste of money because I don't mind waiting for seasons of shows to come out on DVD a year later.

We did this about 5 years and haven't regretted it one bit. Depending on your tv, you may be able to hook your computer up to your tv and watch Internet shows on your tv.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:44 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

I'm so, soooooo tired! My lovely man will be arriving in a couple of hours to spend Christmas Eve with me, he was here last night and I wrapped his kids presents for him, while he changed my bed, wiped the kitchen and made us soup. We are both shattered, between work and Crimbo preparations, with his 3 kids and I've been sorting out some of my mum's shopping because Dad's chemo has made him a bit wobbly on it and she's not getting time to go Crimbo shopping. He had another session today so they spend 7hrs at the hospital, not what you want to be doing on Christmas Eve. I have to finish the big mult-photo frame I'm doing as part of my parents gift (filling it with photos I took of my bro's kids out at my parent's over the summer) and was hoping to bake, think the baking will have to be set aside until tomorrow. I see my family in the morning and Mr fezza in the evening, so I have a few hours to myself in the afternoon, napping and baking will be the plan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:58 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I got a laptop for christmas (mostly a gift to myself) so I can spend more time here again!

In other news, I broke up with my boyfriend at the beginning of the month, but we're still living together until February and tomorrow is going to be super weird, since neither of us is going home or, as far as I know, spending time with other people. What up, awkward holidays!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:21 pm 
Chard Martyr

So bored at work. No clients thus far.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:30 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i am so productive here alone that it makes me smile. i am keeping a list of things that i've gotten done over the last few days. i am unstoppable. [flea bath for Nacho, check. floor cleaned, junk shelf sorted, fridge cleaned, whole bunch of plants out of pots and put in ground, etc etc]
however, i wish the goddamn fireworks would stop already. Nacho is not a fireworks-terrified dog but he is acting antsy and I hate to see him start to be afraid (my old Whippet was also bombproof til about age 2, which is what Nacho is right now, before inexplicably becoming totally terrified of fireworks).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I need to go do some shopping, plus my mom needs cream cheese. She accidentally got dairy cream cheese (she knew it wasn't Tofutti, but th package looked like, and was in the slot for, the FYH).

Am I going to be able to do this? I know Wegmans will have no parking or working mobile carts.

At least it's snowing! That's lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:23 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My mum asked me to do some Christmas shopping for her. Unfortunately, I did not have the time to do it earlier than this afternoon, so I was in the middle of the shopping rush, suffering from a debilitating hangover from yesterdays impromptu Christmas party. Needless to say, I have felt better.

But then I bought this wonderful wicker cat basket for Moos. It's something he can curl up in and sleep in when at home, and all I need to do is add the door to it, and it's a travel basket. So pretty. <3 Also, I hope it's nicer and more comfy for him to be in than his old crappy plastic carrier.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:08 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I think I've already OD'd on Xmas sweets, but they're so tasty so it's hard to stop. Also, Mike was so eager for my to open my present that I had to put the one thing I had ready for his stocking into it so he had something to open. He got me a new chef's knife, one of the ones that has that bit on the handle where you can put it down and it doesn't touch the worktop! I like it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:19 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ended up having to do nearly a 3 hour walk with Lexi today so by the time I got home I was ravenous. Far to hungry to actually cook so I got a box of chips. I'm absolutely stuff now. I hate being stuffed. I like to just be satisified.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:52 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Look at the man in his new wicker cat basket !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:53 pm 
Nailed to the V

GymClassZero wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
I don't feel like I can really be held responsible for having been a crasshole when I was 14. There's a statute of limitations on that, right?

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure everyone is a crasshole when they're 14.

I was a ridiculous crasshole when I was 14. Now, I'm... just an everyday crasshole. Progress!

OMG I was such a crasshole that if I had met Today-Me I'd just have killed that stupid hippy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:54 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

palbroma!
moooosss <33333

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1213, 1214, 1215, 1216, 1217, 1218, 1219 ... 1858  Next